MLB 2009 Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't want to know what I would have looked like had the Party Burrito blown that.

1zeayz8.gif

But now you do.

Wow, are there any reliable closers on MLB beside Mariano Rivera?
Last night the Pirates give up a 3-2 9th lead to trail 4-3, only to have Brad "I'm seeing visions of Albert Pujols again" Lidge implode yet again...I mean these 2 teams alternately tried to close out a win with a guy with a 6.38 ERA followed by a guy with a 7.33 ERA...

The Rangers nearly blow a 5 run 9th inning lead...
The Reds do blow a 5 run 9th inning lead before winning in 13...
The Rox blow a 2 run ninth inning lead before winning in 10...
The Giants gives up 2 in the 9th but hold on by a run...

Can nobody get outs in the 9th inning anymore?

I'm starting to agree with No Spooky Worms about Mariano being MVP...certainly Cy Old at least.

And we know who the blown save came against, don't we?

Strange how the Sox seem to have his number.

Indeed, it is quite mysterious that a strong, disciplined offensive team that plays the Yankees 18-25 times a year would have so much success against Rivera.

Papelbon was horsecrap for about the first half of the season (despite the low ERA and blown save totals), but has been much stronger as of late.

Bradley Fucking Lidge.

Charlie Manuel's take: "He's the closer." Oh wait, that's what he says every game.

Seriously, put anyone else at closer. I don't care. Anyone. Have Moyer close. I don't care. Have Wheeler close. Who cares? Just not Lidge.

Bradley Fucking Lidge.

Charlie Manuel's take: "He's the closer." Oh wait, that's what he says every game.

Seriously, put anyone else at closer. I don't care. Anyone. Have Moyer close. I don't care. Have Wheeler close. Who cares? Just not Lidge.

We were talking about this at lunch and my thought is to let Pedro close. Let him let loose as best he can for one inning.

Indeed, it is quite mysterious that a strong, disciplined offensive team that plays the Yankees 18-25 times a year would have so much success against Rivera.

There are other disciplined teams out there that have faced him plenty of times and not had hardly any success against him. Yes, it's not the same amount of games vs. the Red Sox, but still, it's an interesting statistic.

The Yankees' little first inning bailouts are starting to piss me off. Can't be giving away those great early opportunities with double plays, Pudge.

But it's time to fire up the Dutch Oven.

Tim Wakefield looks like a cripple trying to field his position, but the knuckler is nasty right now.

Looks like Jorge isn't a fan of being put into the Dutch Oven.

It's blacked out here, so not only do I not get it in HD, but I have to suffer through Lewin creaming his jeans about Jack Nicholson and Paul McCartney being in attendance.

Fortunately, I'm leaving for team trivia in about fifteen or twenty minutes, so the rest of the game will be both in HD and muted. No Sutcliffe for me.

Looks like Jeter enjoys the dank, stifling stench.

It's blacked out here, so not only do I not get it in HD, but I have to suffer through Lewin creaming his jeans about Jack Nicholson and Paul McCartney being in attendance.

Fortunately, I'm leaving for team trivia in about fifteen or twenty minutes, so the rest of the game will be both in HD and muted. No Sutcliffe for me.

I'll say it again:

I'd fucking destroy you and everyone else you play trivia with. I avoid playing team trivia just to avoid upsetting people. That's how dominant I am.

Another fucking DP. You'd think Lance's Mom was on this roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom