MLB 2009 Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prove the doctors wrong.

Paterno would.

joe-paterno_penn_state.jpg

Yes, yes he would.

If I was playing a game of spin the bottle with Mark Buehrle and a bunch of Victoria's Secret models...well, yeah, you get the picture.

Also, I was at a sports bar watching the Sox and Cubs games when the bleacher bum "through" the beer on Victorino. The game had been going on for 2 + hours, and the beer toss garnered easily the largest cheer of the night from the Cubbie faithful.

A perfect snapshot of the life of a Cubs fan.

My first game of the year: August 15.

Wow, I'm behind. Still will be nice to be there for the biggest series of the season.

Mark down the date: August 13, 2009.

The day all of my Cub fan friends went into full-on panic mode.

Neftali" 5 K's in two innings today.

GAF's Buehrle Boner might have a rival.

Quick Pitch is hot shit. The love affair with MLB Network continues.

Also hot shit? Elvis Andrus.

I'll take full credit for tonight's victory, as I shut the game off as soon as Texas went up 4-2.

I'm completely disgusted with what happened in the world of baseball tonight, but I'm too happy to harp on it.

Well, my first two Rangers games of the season were tremendous successes. Should have been another sweep, too.

If you replace Gregg with Lidge and Marmol with Madson ... there's every Phillies fan for you.

Phil, we're not so different, you and I.

Why the fuck is Gregg our closer?

I think it's clear he isn't anymore. I don't get how you can be THAT bad at a job where your only task is to get 3 outs and not give up a run. For pete's sake, I could probably come in in that spot and close out a game, but not good old Kevin Gregg.

Gregg will not be closing games in the near future. It will be either Marmol or Angel Guzman.

I'd toss Guzman out there but, obviously, Piniella knows what he's doing.

The .300 club:

Figgins 3b .310
Izturis 2b .301
Abreu rf .309
Vlad dh .306
Hunter cf .306
Morales 1b .304
Rivera lf .314
Napoli c .297
Aybar ss .311

That's our starting lineup, my fellow Interference mofos. Then we've got Kendrick to spot-start at 2b, and he will work his BA back up to .300 as he gets more playing time.

WE ARE SPARTA!!!!!

That is very impressive. We've only got three around there.

Pierzynski - .314
Beckham - .300
Pods - .297

I'm happy for you, John.

He neglected to inform us of their 26th-best-in-the-majors team ERA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom