MERGED-->New Battlestar Galactica + the most politically...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went back and I watched the part when Apollo sees Starbuck. The raider is clearly visible off to the left, and it hangs out for a good while before disappearing into the clouds. I can't imagine Lee not seeing it, unless of course, it wasn't really there.

Wow, I finally manage to catch up with the latest episodes and the last one was awesome! I'm sure Starbuck will come back in some way. But really, wow!

:grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:

I haven't seen any new epsiods in ? 2 months!
:madspit: ever since they moved the time to 10P/Sun.........i don't even get a chance to sometimes catch one at my sis's house on a fri nite :madwife: :madwife: anymore! BAH!!!

now she does happen to be away THIS Sun {infrequent}. But I'm kind of stuck at home with a sudden project :mad: . really BAH!

BUT IF i can get enough done....i might try going up there to catch the next eps.

I don't even know :huh: what's gone on since ? NewYyrs time.

I barely get enough time to spend in INF, let alone check out much other stuff these past few months. [no net at home]

OH well............IF i catch it tomorrow night.i'll check out some fan site for45 eps synopsises! :)

enjoy!

I can already tell that these last few episodes of Season 3 are gonna be awesome. Great episode last night in building up for the trial - I thought the actor who played the lawyer was great. I loved his voice.

So now Apollo is going to, most likely, defend Baltar. This should be interesting.

The most politically-insightful show in the history of US pop culture

The Peabody-award-winning new Battlestar Galactica is the most politically-insightful show EVER in American pop culture -- far more complex and dramatically-realistic than 24 or The West Wing. This re-imagined show (which is nothing like the usual escapist sci-fi, let alone the atrocious 1970s show from which it derives only vaguely its premise) intelligently explores themes ranging from terrorism, torture, war, religious faith, political campaigns, the tension between civilian and military authority in a fragile democracy, abortion, stem-cell research, genocide, marital problems, and, most recently, labor disputes and workers' rights. While the writing never feels too aping of current world issues, Ronald D. Moore and his staff show greater understanding of history and world affairs than most of the US media (except PBS) with its short-term sense of causality and American nationalist leanings that have led most recently to a war in Iraq that went largely unquestioned until it was too late.

It challenges conventional perceptions in US culture in very thoughtful ways. For example, the third season premiere had the "heroes" engage in suicide bombings against the "villains" because, unlike most of the US media, the head writer understands that terrorism is a means, and not morally worse than war since both are terrible and violent means of solving political problems. This is not to say I agree with anything resembling Al Qaeda or its followers, but the American Revolution (especially in the South, where US soldiers would engage in hit and run attacks and use deceptive propaganda about British-allied natives raping white women) and French Resistance in WWII were terrorism, and Hitler used war, proving that war can be just as deplorable as terrorism in its goals and means.

What is equally impressive with how these issues are discussed is how the characters are portrayed. There is not one hero on this show who doesn't occasionally do "the wrong thing", but feels no guilt about it because they don't realize how wrong they are; there is not one character ("good guy" or "bad") who does not show both dark and heroic traits in a way that is similar to human nature.

Without presenting simple answers, this show is so real that it can change how we traditionally look at our societies. I firmly believe this insight can reduce conflict in this world. What this program depicts so well is that “the other” is not as homogenously terrible as we might think and that “we” are not necessarily as good or as true to our principles as we’d like to believe; each side stereotypes the other and prejudges its individuals based on what the group has done. There is no pure good or evil person in this series, only what is in-between – that we all have the capacity for kindness and selfishness, for clarity and mistakes -- which is far truer to human nature.

I am a student of history and have been disillusioned and saddened to learn from many university professors that the biographical and other works (including many on the genius of the US founders) written by many historians are actually deceptive hagiographies, as are the high school history books that seek only to uphold those on "our" while completely denigrating those on the other. It is my strong feeling that this approach to history has harmed societies, including the US and the rest of the West. It is only when we learn about the capacity for fault and kindness in all of us, and of our great heroes abilities to make mistakes that we may better judge our past and plan for the future as peoples and voters.

"Battlestar Galactica" is the kind of show that best resembles the reality of human relations. Perhaps its one slightly weak area is its exploration of romance, but the painful side of love is written beautifully. It deserves attention, despite losing to formulaic shows in televised award shows. It also features an impeccable cast of actors, including Academy Award Nominees Edward James Olmos and Mary McDonnell.

Check out the miniseries to see what I mean, if you're uncertain -- even just a few minutes. The show is best enjoyed from the start, and I can only vouch for the near perfection in subtle writing that are the miniseries and Season 1. There are incredible episodes in following seasons, but nowhere near the consistency of the first. This show is losing in the ratings and needs your help.

Please check this show out. It airs at 10pm Eastern in Canada and the US on Sundays on Sci Fi in the US, and Space in Canada. It also airs in the UK on Sky.

i want to kiss your mouth with forceful kisses that make you so hot inside you'll fell as though you're gonna explode.

If one does a google search on the first sentence of Muldfeld's post, you'll see that he is posting this same thing at other sites like NBC and moby.com.

I don't mind the attention for BSG, but this could be considered spamming.

Oh, and this weeks episode:

UberBeaver said:
Someone give Michael Hogan an emmy already. Who do I got to sleep with to get that man an Emmy?

"IT'S IN THE SHIP!"

Yeah, what is going on with Tory?

Do you think the 5 "judges" are the five Cylons? Remember in the mini-series (I think it was) when one of the Cylons said that Adama is a Cylon? Maybe it will all tie back.

UberBeaver said:
Oh, and this weeks episode:

"IT'S IN THE SHIP!"

Yeah, what is going on with Tory?

Do you think the 5 "judges" are the five Cylons? Remember in the mini-series (I think it was) when one of the Cylons said that Adama is a Cylon? Maybe it will all tie back.

Leoben said that, right? Before he was thrown out of the airlock.

I'm almost done with season 2! I finished watching "Black Market", good episode.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Leoben said that, right? Before he was thrown out of the airlock.

I'm almost done with season 2! I finished watching "Black Market", good episode.

Yes, I think so. I wasn't exactly sure though.

You're entering into the episodes where it slows down a bit. They become sort of filler for a while, but don't worry. It picks up. And then the first part of Season 3 really kicks some ass.

Back
Top Bottom