Koolyanobbing, Western Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMelon said:
:mad: Go over and vote in those DI matches, Khan. Then you can be condescending all you want.
i already did
swoon.gif

My top five PF songs, as of this moment:

1. Shine on You Crazy Diamond (Pt. I-V)
2. Comfortably Numb
3. Time
4. Pigs (Three Different Ones)
5. Us and Them

my playlist called "PT favorites" contains:

lazarus
collapse the light into the earth
drown with me

admittedly this is a brief list because i have only briefly listened to PT. I'm excited for some quality music-listening time this summer.

phillyfan26 said:
Afternoon, Vazza.

You got any favorite, Phanan?

It's quite impossible for me to come up with a top five, because there are so many songs that can qualify.

However, I consider Shine On You Crazy Diamond the definitive Pink Floyd song and their crowning achievement.

Varitek said:
my playlist called "PT favorites" contains:

lazarus
collapse the light into the earth
drown with me

admittedly this is a brief list because i have only briefly listened to PT. I'm excited for some quality music-listening time this summer.

Three excellent songs from latter day PT right there. If you haven't heard Arriving Somewhere But Not Here, make that your next choice.

Diemen, you're a patient man to still be in FYM.

I've been happily divorced for a month. :wink:

I know Axver was looking into sending some people PT albums, but here's a blog where you can get all of them if you wish (I'm assuming the links work - note that the password is bunalti.com).

http://bigrock666.blogspot.com/2008/04/full-discography-porcupine-tree.html

Now this discography lists everything, included compilations, singles, EPs, early demos, etc. For now, if you're new to PT, stick to the regular albums, which are:

On The Sunday Of Life
Up The Downstair
The Sky Moves Sideways
Signify

Stupid Dream
Lightbulb Sun
Recordings

In Absentia
Deadwing
Fear Of A Blank Planet

I've separated them into three groups, as PT have gone through three phases in their career.

The first group is more ambient and experimental, and at times sounds like Pink Floyd (see The Sky Moves Sideways).

The second group is probably their most accessible, as they streamlined their songs for a more rock sound.

The third group goes a bit further, incorporating progressive metal into their music.

So choose the group that you think you'd find most interesting first.

My pick for the first group would be The Sky Moves Sideways, for the second it's Stupid Dream, and for the third, well, take your pick. Any one of them would work.

phillyfan26 said:
Diemen, you're a patient man to still be in FYM.

I've been happily divorced for a month. :wink:

I've learned to not bother with some of the people. That and keeping my responses short and sweet has helped my sanity greatly.

This election has really altered my opinion of many of the posters in there, though. And reinforced my opinion of others...

Diemen said:

I've learned to not bother with some of the people. That and keeping my responses short and sweet has helped my sanity greatly.

This election has really altered my opinion of many of the posters in there, though. And reinforced my opinion of others...

Harry Vest has one thing completely right: Obama should be the candidate.

Other than that ... wow.

I couldn't have left at a better time, I'll just leave it at that.

phillyfan26 said:

Harry Vest has one thing completely right: Obama should be the candidate.

Other than that ... wow.

I couldn't have left at a better time, I'll just leave it at that.

He is right on that, and completely wrong in the way he approaches it.

I'm waiting for my favorite poster to slip up one more time. It's been far too long since we've had a banning.

Diemen said:
He is right on that, and completely wrong in the way he approaches it.

I'm waiting for my favorite poster to slip up one more time. It's been far too long since we've had a banning.

Agreed. He just infuriates people.

"hottest summer fashions
without looking like a slut"

"surveys!
our surveys show unknown unbelievable facts"

"bed me eyes
super sexy hues"

"make him squirt
while you do the same"

also 13 and 14 are 100% priceless

Status
Not open for further replies.