Kiritimati, Kiribati - Christmas Islands Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be pleased as long as the album doesn't sound like a rehash of the last two. Even if it sucks, at least it'll show the band are TRYING to do something new.

$ting at least pwns Chris Martin.
That's true. And that's what the synopsis said to me. They tried new stuff, except "No Line On The Horizon." That's supposed to sounds like Vertigo. :yuck:

ANYBODY pwns Chris Martin.

I should have helped out the cause, but I was up for 26 hours straight and wanted to sleep instead. Fail.

But, I really love For Emma, Forever Ago. I mean, Day & Age really is my favorite of the year, but FEFA really just was there for me during finals, and got me through you could say. It's got a place in my heart now, and it makes me just feel all warm and fuzzy etc. listening to it.

I wish Franz Ferdinand would fuck up and "accidentally" leak their new album already. It should have been released ages ago.

I wish Franz Ferdinand would fuck up and "accidentally" leak their new album already. It should have been released ages ago.

I will actually check that one out. As I plan on checking out a ridiculous amount of crap next year :lol:. What a year it's going to be. Bruce, U2, and the potential (but unlikelihood) of Peter Gabriel. Not to mention all of the new stuff/bands to come.

I will actually check that one out. As I plan on checking out a ridiculous amount of crap next year :lol:. What a year it's going to be. Bruce, U2, and the potential (but unlikelihood) of Peter Gabriel. Not to mention all of the new stuff/bands to come.

Metacritic has a list of upcoming albums:

Upcoming CD Releases

I intend to listen to Animal Collective (don't really care for them, but the hype is going to be absurd), Andrew Bird, Franz Ferdinand, Bruce Springsteen, Lily Allen, and U2. Not a great quantity of stuff there, but the albums themselves should be fine.

Metacritic has a list of upcoming albums:

Upcoming CD Releases

I intend to listen to Animal Collective (don't really care for them, but the hype is going to be absurd), Andrew Bird, Franz Ferdinand, Bruce Springsteen, Lily Allen, and U2. Not a great quantity of stuff there, but the albums themselves should be fine.

Awesome.

As you know, I'll pretty much listen to whatever anyone suggests to me. PRETTY MUCH.

I have this really good feeling about next year in general. I don't know if it's just because I'm listening to Re:Stacks and it makes me feel pretty good anyways :lol:, but I've really just been feeling like that recently. That everything's going to work itself out, and I just have to wait.

:hyper: If you like it, you'll be the third person I've successfully recommended it to.

haha, I'm actually listening to it because Andrew keeps telling me to, but you both can take credit, cause you told me to listen first.

Anyways, on the second track, and really enjoying it.

Oh I just realized though. I never listened to Intimacy. Guess the DoDos will be the PENULTIMATE album of 2008.

Hi fools. :wave:

Got to go and photograph one of my favourite childhood places today. That was fantastic. It's a lovely little park at the confluence of two streams - when I was eleven, it was my favourite place in the world. Wrote a number of short mystery stories by the confluence. :lol:

Not a Bloc Party fan at all. Didn't bother with that album.

I LOVE Silent Alarm, but I'm told that's about as good as it gets.

Also just realized I didn't listen to Of Montreal, but don't know if I'm going to bother with it. The one album of theirs I've heard was...interesting.

I got disconnected from the internet there for a few minutes, but Axver, you should enjoy the title of this track: Fools.

I think the only albums from this year that I truly LOVED were Day & Age, For Emma Forever Ago, April, and In Ghost Colours. The rest were hella enjoyable though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom