Interference Random Music Talk Part XVIII - In Which GAF Listens to Sex Church

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're just trying to get this thread to come up in my searches, aren't you?

:angry:

Nice title, peefer!

Some predictions for the P4K Top 20 90's songs thing, no order:

Dr. Dre - Nuthin But A G Thang
Weezer - Say It Ain't So
Radiohead - Paranoid Android
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
Pavement - Gold Soundz
U2 - One
Biggie Smalls - Juicy
Outkast - Player's Ball? I don't know.
My Bloody Valentine - Only Shallow

"YOU GOT ANY BETTER SUGGESTIONS?!?"

- Julia Louis-Dreyfuss in Jaws

two things.

1) in spite of the relative non-success of NLOTH, it sounds like the U2 shows here have sold out in the matter of an hour or two, which is great to see.

2) i hate when you find out that a lyric is not what you thought it was - i just discovered the lyric to LCD [insert your variation here]'s Home goes "a few make sure that you get home / and you stay home / and you'd better..." i liked it better when i thought it was "you make sure that you get home..."

You're just trying to get this thread to come up in my searches, aren't you?

:angry:
:lol:
"YOU GOT ANY BETTER SUGGESTIONS?!?"

- Julia Louis-Dreyfuss in Jaws

she's in Jaws eh?

nice choices, btw. i think Rosa Parks will be the Outkast choice however.

So I listened to a chunk of R. Luke Dubois' Timelapse today. Will go back and listen to it in full at a later time, I think. (Read the link to find out a bit about what the hell I'm attempting to talk about.)

R. Luke DuBois - Timelapse | Music Review | Tiny Mix Tapes

I don't pretend to even think I understand what exactly he did to take the songs and create the sounds that comprise the tracks on the album, however.

I read about the album and thought it was a really cool idea, although listening to it is a lot different than reading about it. I wish I actually had the CD, because apparently when you play it on the computer, the song titles will pop up, so you can match the sound to the song.

It was frustrating reading a few of the reviews because they would mention specific songs that had been used for the tracks, and I wish I could identify it within the track. I'll have to see if I can track down something that might show me the song titles (although I could look at Billboard lists, but I'm not going to hunt and pick through all the number 1 songs from 195x through 1999.

I did think the Clavier piece at the end was really cool. I'm glad I read about what I was listening to before hearing it, so I could actually listen and say "Why yes, I CAN tell those are pianos!"

Thanks for the suggestion, If You Shout. Interesting stuff.

I think it is perhaps a less aesthetically pleasing as a suite than that slo-mo Bieber as a song, but infinitely more engaging and, dare I say it, important. Certainly more revealing.

Ha! I certainly wasn't trying to prove that slowed-down Bieber thing was anything more than kind of nifty. It certainly was an improvement on the original (I am making a grand assumption here, having blissfully never heard a Bieber song).

I'm still going to try and track down something that will show me the songs, even if just a list that I can somewhat follow (even if I can't get something that tells me exactly what's playing at that moment), just so I can listen for the way the production and sounds change as the years go by.

For the record, I think that the Bieber thing was a lot more than something nifty, even if THE INTERNET sort of rendered it irrelevant, or at least redundant, within hours. Fascinating. It was also my first exposure to the young woman.

For the record, I think that the Bieber thing was a lot more than something nifty, even if THE INTERNET sort of rendered it irrelevant, or at least redundant, within hours. Fascinating. It was also my first exposure to the young woman.

Hahahahaah!

Shouter you kill me, man.

i love how no one ever struggles to come up with a title for these threads.

in other news, the new Black Keys album was pretty damn good! too long, but i'll definitely be listening to it again.

That Bieber kid. It's actually a he:

zac_efron.jpg

Or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom