Interference Random Movie Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's probably a That Guy for me.

Seen him everywhere and know his face, but not the name.

Sunshine probably had the biggest That Guy quota in any movie I've seen this year.

The Human Torch
CIA Director from Die Hard 4
Scarecrow
The chick from 28 Weeks Later
The two Asian guys I've probably seen before
and Michelle Yeoh.

I have not seen Sunshine. How was it?

I always liked breaking down the LOTR actors, especially the actual Fellowship, like this:

The kid Macauly Culkin tries to kill
Rudy
Magneto
Sala
Some Pirate Keira Knightley digs
The dude from Lost
The guy with the key from Crimson Tide
The dude that turns the ship in Master and Commander

All getting bossed around by Agent Smith.

Would you want these fucks carrying around some powerful ring?

Anyone feel like talking about how crappy Peter Jackson's King Kong is?

...me either. I'd rather forget it ever happened.

No spoken words said:
I have not seen Sunshine. How was it?

I enjoyed it, some sweet Alien/2001-esque sci-fi at the beginning that goes insane towards the end. Good stuff.

King Kong wasn't that bad.

Kong was the film that confirmed my suspicions that Jackson wasn't a "great" director.

WETA's CGI in that film was downright awful at times too.

I wish Jackson went back to making lower budget horror flicks like Brain Dead and even The Frighteners again.

Same with Sam Raimi, but his transition into higher budget films wasn't as severe, at least for me.

To be fair, I haven't seen Jackson's Heavenly Creatures yet, which many claim to be his best film. We'll see. Lovely Bones is supposed to be along the same lines, and since it likely won't be able to hide behind a rabit fanbase and flashy action and effects, should be a good test of his actual direction talents...or lack thereof.

No spoken words said:
I'm ashamed to admit that I've not seen any of the Evil Dead films. That's bad, no?

Not that bad, I've only seen Army of Darkness, which is probably the most accessible of the three.

Definitely need to see the first two, though. I think Joel and Ethan Coen helped edit the first one.

The first film is absolutely hilariously awesome. I've only seen parts of the second one.

I cannot wait to see that shit.

I'm still in shock about that movie and the new Wes Anderson flick.

Sweet Jemimah. :drool:

I'll probably end up catching that one on DVD along with most of the other award contenders.

Don't know if you guys like books very much, but, pick up "The Road" by McCarthy if you do. Good lord, just astonishing. He usually writes stories that take place along the Texas/Mexico border, but this is about post-apocalyptic US, with no pre-amble, he just starts with a ruined US and explains nothing to you. Fucking bleak but great book.

*chalks it on the 'Books to Read' list after Stephen King's Dark Tower series.*

i've been meaning to read some McCarthy. That sounds like a great one.

Ridley Scott is going to be filming Blood Meridian too around 2009 I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom