Insomnia...fellow sufferers/former sufferers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
This is a thread for all of us who can no longer remember the last time they saw sleep before, say, 2:30 in the morning. I've been insomniacal now every night for a couple of weeks, and it just won't go away. Like last Saturday I stayed awake until almost six in the morning and slept until two in the afternoon. But I don't usually sleep that late. I'm logging a max of five hours sleep a night, and I'm starting to feel it...

On a sidebar...what U2 songs are good for insomnia?

Things I have done while not being able to sleep:

*Watched Rattle and Hum TWICE through
*Posted here
smile.gif

*Worked on my metaphysics term paper
*Wrote some poems
*Listen to one of my friends bitch about her crazy family
*Felt my ass getting bigger (but big girls are best!)
*Started dropping Benadryl until I felt tired

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

Hmmm... I know EXACTLY how you feel! Being in college has given me very strange sleeping habits. Plus we have DSL here! Which lets me be on the internet ALL THE TIME! And so I never get sleepy and then I have to get up for classes and all...so my sleeping schedule is all off...and I have an exam tomorrow...oh well.

I know what your going through...

Things to do when not sleeping...
*Post on this board
*Chill with the roomie who's also an insomniac
*Listen to U2
*Surf the net for info and pics

------------------
One love, one life...
Give peace a chance!
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

"If You Wear That Velvet Dress": theme song for U2 devotees who are also insomniacs...? Has always had such a nice, quietly insane, sleepless feel to me.

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

Stupid college and stupid finals. Finals that I'm not even really studying for, yet I'm up this late. I'm so gonna fail...

As yet another insomniac and college student I feel it is my duty to post as well. Yeah I was up all night long and i just took my first final today. Wooo feckin hoo. I find that I really like Zooropa when i am up till all hours though, something about Babyface at four in the morning.....
But I also second Velvet Dress. The only thing that helps my insomnia are these things called Healthy Brain pills. It's a kind of chinese medicine. I usually take them religously and it helps, but I am all out of htem and too busy studying to drag my ass on the L and all the way down to China town. SO instead I just drink more mountain dew and keep myself up. It's fun really.
"When you have insomnia you are never realy awake, and you are never realy asleep. Everything is a copy of a copy of a copy..."

------------------
Please repeat the message, it's the music that we choose.
http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~kljense3/MrTvs.html

Well i'm a nurse, I do night and days so my sleeping schedule is completely whacked to begin with... you get used to it after a while - I'll go sometimes 2 days without sleep and think nothing of it. It does catch up with me though after a while and I'll find myself sleeping for like a 16 hr stretch. God it sucks!!!

------------------
God has got his phone off the hook, babe...Would he even pick up if he could?

I had horrible insomnia for a very long time. Things had been better for the past few months, but now I am experiencing problems again. I'm usually up until between 3 and 4 in the morning.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Has anyone ever tried Melatonin? I used it for a while, but I stopped, because it made me feel sluggish during the day.

Same for Nytol or anything like that.

I hate insomnia
mad.gif

well, it's now 3:30 AM here in Dallas, and as ever, I'm on Interference...and yes, I can also feel my ass getting wider, sheesh.

I don't really have insomnia, but I AM a night owl by nature. And since being laid off from my job nearly 2 months ago, I've reverted back to my "natural state", which is staying up very late (was up till 6:00 AM the other day) and sleeping just as late (till 1:00 PM earlier this week).

Now the only problem with this is that "real life" (i.e., pretty much anything that starts before 10 AM) tends to interfere with my hours, and people think I'm a freak of nature when I happen to mention the hours I keep. But I've sort of always been this way, so for me it's not unnatural.

But I am rather worried about getting back into the groove of regular 8 to 5 hours again...in 20 years of full time work, I NEVER got used to those hours, cos it went against my natural riddims, mon.
wink.gif

I tried Melatonin too, Gina, and got the same results....very groggy during the day, bleah....

Back
Top Bottom