Indian Village, Indiana, USA, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
neither do i... a cold?

if i hadn't've gone out saturday night i would feel fine right now...

which reminds me, the song i'm loving at the moment.

it's the end of the world as we know it (and i feel fine) - r.e.m.

you know ashley i don't think i've ever really talked to you in this threads :lol:

:hug: Ashley.

God, I hate wasting time just to drop in essays. I've noticed Melbourne is slowly starting to roll out online submission ... bit late for me though.

And what the hell. Could that possibly be more convoluted? Some lecturer needs to learn to be succinct.

so do i. 40 minute drive, gas and petrol. i just found out what the melbourne model is too, apparently you have to take a subject outside of your chosen area? how ridiculous.

i know. absolutely joke of a question. this is possibly the worst essay i've ever written, i'm going back to literature next year.

neither do i... a cold?

you know ashley i don't think i've ever really talked to you in this threads :lol:

REM. :drool:

It's The End Bla Bla Bono Wishes He Could Come Up With A Song Title Quite This Long isn't necessarily a stand-out track to me in the context of REM's entire catalogue, but it's a solid, enjoyable song and one of the better tracks on Document.

REM. :drool:

It's The End Bla Bla Bono Wishes He Could Come Up With A Song Title Quite This Long isn't necessarily a stand-out track to me in the context of REM's entire catalogue, but it's a solid, enjoyable song and one of the better tracks on Document.

:lol: I haven't really been able to get into them... I have Accelerate which is meh, and Automatic for the People, which is supposedly their best, but it did little for me. Recommendations?

so do i. 40 minute drive, gas and petrol. i just found out what the melbourne model is too, apparently you have to take a subject outside of your chosen area? how ridiculous.

i know. absolutely joke of a question. this is possibly the worst essay i've ever written, i'm going back to literature next year.

For me it's at least an hour's round trip on the tram. At least it gives me time to read though. Usually I try to fit it in with doing other things, like dropping books back at the library and doing the groceries, then it doesn't feel like a total waste.

Oh god, the Melbourne Model. I got in before that was introduced, so I dodged it. Worst thing ever. Multiple academics in the humanities have been forced to retire because their "depth" courses are no longer required as the focus is on "breadth". Piss off. The breadth courses are a fucking snooze for anybody with decent general knowledge.

As far as REM goes, I'm a fan of their eighties stuff, especially their first three albums ... on the other hand, Automatic doesn't do much for me outside of four or so songs. Murmur, Reckoning, Fables Of The Reconstruction, and Life's Rich Pageant are all quality, and I'm sure you'll find things to like on Document and Out Of Time too. I'll also happily stand by Green as being an under-rated album, but I'll concede there are some right clunkers on there.

I think I'll get Maccas as well... then at least it won't be so bad :lol:

Everyone I've spoken to seems to hate it. But I guess the powers-that-be know best :rolleyes:

I'd heard Murmur was good I'll check that out :up:

neither do i... a cold?

I'm coughing, and I have a terrible headache. I'm glad I don't have a thermometer, if I find out I have a fever, I'm pretty much going to die.

Ohhhh that really sucks.

Sure we have! Though not that frequently, no.

The Vice-Chancellor that Melbourne currently has was originally from GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY in Queensland, which perhaps says it all. He's said he'll personally take the fall if the Melbourne Model doesn't work ... fucking hope he does. Smarmy little git, every speech he gives he looks like a fucking meerkat with his mannerisms. I expect, though, the Model will be judged purely by financial performance and they'll declare it a resounding success.

Murmur is a great album and it has perhaps displaced Fables as my favourite by REM ... thing is, I initially rated it the weakest REM album. Took a little time to grow on me and for its melodies to really reveal themselves and get stuck in my brain. For the longest time, the only songs I played from the album were Radio Free Europe and Sitting Still. Looking back on it, I was a fool.

The Vice-Chancellor that Melbourne currently has was originally from GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY in Queensland, which perhaps says it all. He's said he'll personally take the fall if the Melbourne Model doesn't work ... fucking hope he does. Smarmy little git, every speech he gives he looks like a fucking meerkat with his mannerisms. I expect, though, the Model will be judged purely by financial performance and they'll declare it a resounding success.

Murmur is a great album and it has perhaps displaced Fables as my favourite by REM ... thing is, I initially rated it the weakest REM album. Took a little time to grow on me and for its melodies to really reveal themselves and get stuck in my brain. For the longest time, the only songs I played from the album were Radio Free Europe and Sitting Still. Looking back on it, I was a fool.

what's wrong with griffith uni???? :madspit: actually, the emails from the vice-chancellor's office were bordering on spam. like off-campus students give a fuck about carpark issues!!! god, people. email groups. fucking create one. then fucking use it!

what's wrong with griffith uni???? :madspit: actually, the emails from the vice-chancellor's office were bordering on spam. like off-campus students give a fuck about carpark issues!!! god, people. email groups. fucking create one. then fucking use it!

I lived on the Gold Coast. All the under-achievers from my high school went to Griffith; most of the rest of us got the fuck out.

I lived on the Gold Coast. All the under-achievers from my high school went to Griffith; most of the rest of us got the fuck out.

Academically, it's not too bad a uni, and possibly the best of the few unis that actually run a criminology degree. I'm only familiar with the school of Criminology at Griffith though, and have never laid eyes on a fellow student so it might very well be bogan central, lol. Thankfully in this field, people generally only care about what areas you researched in, not where you studied per se!

Aha. I'm mostly familiar with slackers going into their Arts degree, or people who want to do medicine or whatever but couldn't get into a better university in Brisbane or interstate, so they resorted to Griffith.

I knew a ccouple of teachers who got their education degrees at Griffith and they were just full of scorn for the place! One of them took the piss out of it in class routinely. :laugh:

Speaking of uni, I've got to go do a class presentation now, that bullshit one on Hitler's personal rulership style. Lucky me ... :wave:

Aha. I'm mostly familiar with slackers going into their Arts degree, or people who want to do medicine or whatever but couldn't get into a better university in Brisbane or interstate, so they resorted to Griffith.

I knew a ccouple of teachers who got their education degrees at Griffith and they were just full of scorn for the place! One of them took the piss out of it in class routinely. :laugh:

Speaking of uni, I've got to go do a class presentation now, that bullshit one on Hitler's personal rulership style. Lucky me ... :wave:

They have a rather wide range of really useless Arts subjects, which might be the norm in Arts circles, but in reality is nothing but a waste of 3 years of your life and $10k in HECS/FEEHELP. I wonder how many of them actually think they will get a job at the end of it. You never hear someone proudly boast of their major in Dreamtime Poetry and how it is so pivotal to their line of work!
:lol:

Anyhow.. enjoy your Hitler presentation... I think? Is that what you say to someone who has to speak at length on him? Enjoy? Maybe, "I hope it goes quickly for you!" is better.
:wave:

I generally dislike Burton movies as well. I liked it better than anyone I went with.

Tim Burton needs to take a break and get back to his Pee-Wee roots or something.

Anyways, that gives me hope, will check it out sooner or later.

that is a lecturer with a really bad case of wankers cramp.
:tsk:

well glad i'm not alone.

the essay i wrote was garbage. i went to all the tutes and lectures, looked up theories etc (i did leave it till the last minute) and i still had no idea.

but it's done now.

hopefully next year i'll be able to do 2nd year journalism and creative writing, and 1st year lit and italian.

i know swayze wanted a sequel to ghost to be good, but hasn't he gone to far with this method acting?

what do stevie wonder and swayze have in common? neither will get to see christmas...

I kinda just semi-stole your sig, Danny, even though probably most people on this board have a list of upcoming concerts in their sig.

Whose sig will I nick next?

I kinda just semi-stole your sig, Danny, even though probably most people on this board have a list of upcoming concerts in their sig.

Whose sig will I nick next?

I've been thinking of doing such a thing to my sig but it would be so bare :(.

I've been thinking of doing such a thing to my sig but it would be so bare :(.

Haha, mine normally is. This'll be the first show I've seen since May. Hoping to go to the Parklife festival next month. And Passion Pit if they come here later this year, even if they only play that EP.

I'd like to get into more local stuff, but the scene here is pretty drab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom