Im getting into Joni Mitchell's music!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
When I say Im getting into, I mean I really wanna get into her music....its lovely!

After hearing 'The Cactus Tree' and the original 'A Case of You' (better than the new version on the album where she re-sings the songs with a huge orchestra).......Im tempted to buy more!

I really want to find the album with The Cactus Tree but!

AND of course 'Big Yellow Taxi'

Her voice (the younger Joni) sounds beautiful, glorious and peaceful to me...........wonderful!

Anyone else here into her music?

Im tellin u, two weeks from now I'd like to be owning four of her albums..................there are two on sale at a fiver each from HMV.

so like :up:

I bought her greatest hits a few years back because she comes so highly recommended by everyone. I was severely underwhelmed and did not much care for her voice. But hey, maddie, if you like her, more power to you! :wink: She's just not really my thing.

I'm eager to see what others here in B and C think of her.

I used to be a huge Joni fan but I admit that now the music sounds dated to me and I almost never listen to her. But "Blue" is a classic and I still love it, although I prefer her voice today than her young voice. And "Hejira" is an amazing record. Lyrically, there's been no female I can think of who comes close except for Tori Amos, who I often refer to as today's Joni. And her version of A Case of You I like better than Joni's, believe it or not. But nobody can take a cover and own it like Tori.

I was never into Joni at all. But then my girlfriend turned me onto her. She made me a mix tape with A Case of You and River to name a few, and I fell for her (my girlfriend too:yes: )

I also think Tori Amos' version of A Case of you is spectacular. If you like Bob Dylan, you will like JOni Mitchell. JOni Mitchell is basically the female version of Dylan.

Maybe try some Bruce Cockburn... a little bit more of an upbeat folker. He has some interesting lyrics, but some weird ones like Rocket Launcher.

I love her and her music... I play/sing Big Yellow Taxi and Circle Game. When I was first learning guitar ( back in the 70's) my guitar playing g'friend had an albums of hers. We used to sing "Twisted " walking along the beach and laugh our heads off..."a wizard at three":lmao:
My admiration of her increased when I heard her speech at the infamous Isle of Wight concert"you're acting like tourists"

here I can do the intro rave from " the circle game"..."no one said to Van Gogh, Hey, paint "A Starry Night" again man. He painted it, someone bought it, hung it on a wall , that was it....."
I think she is important in the scheme of things...musical.

"it won't be long now 'till you drag your feet just to slow the circle down..."

mad1...I am typing this without being able to see the screen. Monitor trouble...what do you expect from a monitor called "Ozzy" osborne...to make it work my technician showed me...you give it a good thump...hahhahahahahhahaha...that simple technique works...for now.
the show must go on...........:hug:

I have a new monitor, still an Osborne.
we've called this one Kelly.
I wish liquid crystal would get cheaper.....quicker.
It will make quite a difference to our power consumption.

I bet Joni Mitchell has liquid crystal :wave:

oh I am a lonely painter
I live in a box of paints
I am frightened by the devil
and I'm drawn to those ones that ain't afraid
I remember that time you told me, you said,
"Love is touching souls"...
Surely you touched mine, cause
part of you pours out of me in these lines from time to time...

--A Case of You

Back
Top Bottom