ideas for 9/11 benefit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm organizing a benefit for two scholarship funds that were set up at my high school in memory of two alums who were killed on the 11th. It's a gathering for alumni so it'll be a broad age range. We're calling it "an evening of remembrance, a celebration of friendship."

There'll be music and dancing and food and drink and all that good stuff, and we're trying to figure out other ways to raise money. we're thinking silent auction...

i guess i'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas for our event. we're trying to keep things simple but also want to make it memorable, and make a chunk of $$ for the scholarships.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

The only thing that comes to mind right now to raise money is perhaps a memorial pin or button-with their names engraved on it.

For music, maybe you could find out what their favorite songs/groups were-but I guess if their family/friends will be there, it might be too painful for them.

Congratulations on having the benefit-sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Hmmm... thats a touchy subject. I would suggest however, that if you do play U2 music, that you play things like One, but stay away from Wake Up Dead Man for the obvious reasons, I mean you want people to be touched but not balling.

As for the fund raising, Ive never been good at this kinda thing, but perhaps you could ask for donations at the door, and/or for programs or something (not entirely sure how youre running things)...

Back
Top Bottom