glasses or contacts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2valleygirl said:

My understanding is that laser eye surgery is most effective if you have near or far vision. If you wear bifocals, or need reading glasses your vision will not be 100% corrected and you may still have wear reading glasses. I researched my doctor. But there are so many clinics that due dozens of procedures every single day. I think a clinic that has been in business for a while is probably most important. I certainly don't think you have to go to the most expensive clinic in town, just one with a decent reputation.

I saw an aura around headlights for a month. But to be able to look at a clock and see the time first thing in the morning is a great feeling!

I actually wear slim-line Tri-focals...reading, thin line for average conversational distance and then the top half for distant distance..BUT, I can't play golf in the Tri's -the vision is off just-enough to make it difficult; I have a pair pf single-lens sunglasses that I use...so I'm back and forth...laser may not be for me..:(

tiny dancer said:
Contacts if you can wear them. I can't because I have Dry Eye Syndrome. :mad:

i have dry eye syndrome, too... i still wear contacts. just gotta keep rewetting them, and not wear them too long.

i tend to wear them too long, anyways... thus people always ask me if i'm stoned 'cause my eyes get blood shot.

david letterman also has dry eye syndrome... he used to wear contacts just for the show, but now he just wears his glasses all day.

I've had glasses since second grade and can't wear contacts, so glasses it is. I'm at peace with that now. I have a thing about my eyes, so I'm not too keen on the surgery, either.

I like really funky, fun glasses. My current ones are a black cat's-eye shape.

paxetaurora said:

I like really funky, fun glasses. My current ones are a black cat's-eye shape.

You should meet my cousin. Before her eyes got bad, she wore crazy glasses with fake lenses just for fun.

i had my appointment yesterday...the test showed that my vision was indeed worse than the legal drving limit LOL. i asked about contacts, and she said that would be cool...but then said my insurance wouldn't cover some stuff with them, like the contact eye exam ($50) and some thing where they show me how to clean them and put them in (another $25). my dad thinks this is a bunch of crap and the insurance should cover that stuff. so hopefully everything will be worked out and i can get my contacts!

okay, so i finally got my contacts. this is the second night i've had them, and already i have a problem!

when i tried to take one of them out, apparently i ended up moving it, and now i think it is behind my eye! i can't see it anywhere on my eye, and i can feel something bugging my eye. how do i get this out?

shrmn8rpoptart said:
okay, so i finally got my contacts. this is the second night i've had them, and already i have a problem!

when i tried to take one of them out, apparently i ended up moving it, and now i think it is behind my eye! i can't see it anywhere on my eye, and i can feel something bugging my eye. how do i get this out?

What I do is put another one on in the same eye where you have the problem.

If you have problems taking them off, a good technique is to movie it with the tip of your finger to see where it is and then grab for it.

Good luck! I cried many a tear my first weeks. :sad: ......:wave:

hmm, good call on taking it off, i had just been sort of pinching it so it would fold up, and then grabbing it. probably not right lol.

but now i think it got in behind my eye, i can't figure out where the deuce it is, and my eye is all sore and red. will it work its way back around, or is this one of those times where i should call the doctor?

damnit i am officially an idiot...i couldn't get the other lens to go in, and in the process dropped it, and now i can't find it :mad: :mad: :mad:

i hope so! thanks. i'm just glad that this was my trial pair, and i have a box coming in at the end of the week. jeez this is frustrating.

thanks again for the help though:)

Back
Top Bottom