Gaylord, Kansas Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hush you. Michael Stipe is my wannabe boyfriend. I'd listen to that man sing the contents of the phone book.

That would probably be better than most of the Up album.

I'd pay U2 to re-release ATYCLB with every song replaced by Bono singing the Dublin phone book.

Eighties REM in general is quality. But much like U2, there isn't a whole lot of worth since then.

Automatic for the People is a brilliant album; Monster is okay too. Accelerate is boring though. Then again if it wasn't for Stipe's singing voice, the albums probably wouldn't interest me half as much without him

Automatic for the People is a brilliant album; Monster is okay too. Accelerate is boring though. Then again if it wasn't for Stipe's singing voice, the albums probably wouldn't interest me half as much without him

I view Automatic in pretty much the same way I view Achtung: four or so great songs, a bunch of crap, and generally an over-rated album.

Monster is worth it just for What's The Frequency, Kenneth. That fucking RULES.

Not enough for him to be able to afford that solid gold toilet, I'm afraid. :(
I just figured it out.

McGuinness is Scrooge McDuck:

scroogemcduckdj1.jpg

I view Automatic in pretty much the same way I view Achtung: four or so great songs, a bunch of crap, and generally an over-rated album.

Monster is worth it just for What's The Frequency, Kenneth. That fucking RULES.

We're never going to agree on anything :lol:

Wow, that's not very nice. :uhoh: Have you checked everywhere yet?

I think I lost it outside; I was originally planning to go to the bank after college but then I decided I wanted to come home, have a sandwich and then head out into town but when I got home and went up to the room I realised the cheque was no longer in my pocket...

Yes. I prefer sci-fi, but it has to be good, realistic sci-fi, preferably stuff taking place on Earth. Anything dystopian is also great.

Dystopian for the SuperWin.

I finally got around to reading Brave New World last December. Couldn't fucking put it down. Had to force myself so that I at least stretched out reading it over two days.

I want to now go on a rant about how sci-fi is way too wide a genre, and should be broken up into at least two subcategories, because I have absolutely no taste for boring Star Trek type books, or ~ePiC~ stories about adventures on some fantastical far off planet, starring a buxom babe. Books like that are written for 35 year old men living in their moms' basements. And I have to wade through all of that shit to find the few decent books.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom