Foulness, Essex Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Bonnie's nearly at 12,000 posts. I can't wait to update the Superthread stats spreadsheet and find out how many of those are in here. I have downloaded spreadsheeting software, but alas, I have become too drunk to proceed from that point.

Ax, even drunk, you are still a supernerd :)

HOW IS IT THAT I AM ON MY 12TH/13TH GLASS OF WINE AND AM STILL TYPING AND THINKING STRAIGHT.

This is just CRUEL. I should be clinging to the earth for dear life and making horrific typos everywhere.

Why the hell do I crave fried chicken. Fried chicken is the worst thing to crave when you're a vegetarian.

The colonel says you need to go to KFC.

CAN'T BEAT THAT TASTE.

(Except if you choose to buy real food, in which case "that taste" is decisively beaten in a thorough walkover. We are talking about a 300.0.1800 to 0.0.0 kind of walkover here.)

Everything's better in America, didn't you already know that?

And who DOESN'T eat KFC for Thanksgiving?

:wink:

:laugh:

Seriously, do people go to KFC on Thanksgiving? Or is that just one of Kate's random ideas?

And because I'm drunk:

SHE CAME ALL THE WAY FROM AMERICA
SHE HAD A BLIND DATE WITH DESTINY
AND THE SOUND OF TE AWAMUTU
HAD A TRULY SACRED RING
NOW HER PARENTS ARE DIVORCED
AND HER FRIENDS COMMITTED SUICIDE
I CANNOT ESCAPE
A PLEA FROM THE HEART
YOU KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO ME
YOU SAID DON'T WALK AWAY
I'M DOWN ON MY KNEES
BUT PLEASE DON'T BE MEAN TO ME

:love:

Well, I just watched the Inthistowntastic performance of Knocking On Heaven's Door. The sound couldn't be turned on, so I put on a reading of Alan Bennett's memoirs instead. It's pretty enjoyable to see Bono tell the audience that he finds his diary from 1956-1957 to be embarrassing to read because it's full of fabrications.

Seriously, do people go to KFC on Thanksgiving? Or is that just one of Kate's random ideas?

Do people from the south ever leave KFC? Fried batter is like oxygen to them. Bono almost snuck a line about that into Hawkmoon 269, but he was too busy sampling the culture himself.

Well, I just watched the Inthistowntastic performance of Knocking On Heaven's Door. The sound couldn't be turned on, so I put on a reading of Alan Bennett's memoirs instead. It's pretty enjoyable to see Bono tell the audience that he finds his diary from 1956-1957 to be embarrassing to read because it's full of fabrications.

:lmao: Brilliant.

Now can we get the real Bono to make a similar claim about his 1999-01 lyrics?

Hey Ax, I think the wine failed you tonight. You get some port and a little thing of whiskey tomorrow, okay?

B-b-but I drank more in one evening than I ever have before! :sad:

Do people from the south ever leave KFC? Fried batter is like oxygen to them. Bono almost snuck a line about that into Hawkmoon 269, but he was too busy sampling the culture himself.

When I read this and for a second thought "wow, really?", I knew it was time for me to go to bed.

I gotta finish something downloading, though.

Hey, Travs, have you ever tried playing guitar while drunk? It's an interesting experience. You put your mistakes down to everything other than drunkenness and think that you're really not doing so bad!

... wait, why am I drunkenly analysing my drunken self? God, I suck at drunkenness. Maybe I should just go to bed.

Hey, Travs, have you ever tried playing guitar while drunk? It's an interesting experience. You put your mistakes down to everything other than drunkenness and think that you're really not doing so bad!

Bono does all of his public appearances drunk, and he's the 5th greatest guitar player in U2. No small feat. :up:

Ax, seriously, get some damned vodka!

(sorry, had to go to class, but I'm with you now)

My past experiences with vodka have been sorely disappointing. But we can try again!

Bono does all of his public appearances drunk, and he's the 5th greatest guitar player in U2. No small feat. :up:

At least Bono can outdo Paul McGuinne$$. McGuinne$$ keeps asking how to play the $ chord.

OK, I've got to get started on the results thread. I need to work a few steps ahead so I'm not terribly rushed. My work involves:

1. Putting together an introduction using a washed-up celebrity, just like every other crappy music countdown.
2. Formatting the entries like the U2 top 100 countdown from earlier this year.
3. Finding insulting reviews that cast the selected album in as unflattering of a light as possible.

My past experiences with vodka have been sorely disappointing. But we can try again!

At least Bono can outdo Paul McGuinne$$. McGuinne$$ keeps asking how to play the $ chord.

I gotta hook you up with some absinthe mezcal acid a bottle of Jim Beam, which is the easiest way to get stonkered and without any style whatsoever.

You don't know how to play the $ chord? Jesus Christ, mister.

OH Ax, you being sad about not being drunk just proves how drunk you are :tsk: :wink:

I know. But it's really disappointing that this is really the most you're going to get out of me off my favourite alcohol.

Maybe I really do need to scull a serious amount of vodka. Or absinthe. Bonnie, we should have an absinthe session over summer and then try to remember the alphabet while posting on Interference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom