For Cat Lovers Only XVI - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DSCN7950.jpg

All tired out :cute:.

Yesterday he got his second set of shots plus getting microchipped, so besides all the fun we had today, I'm sure he's really tired.

He looks way bigger in that photo than he really is :lol:.

Oooh love this ginger kitty! :cute:

Yeah I remember the same thing about Egypt when I was there... and I found it interesting that while Turkey and Egypt were cat countries, India was mostly full of dogs. I wonder why.

There are definetely cats roaming the streets in India but, you're right, nowhere near the numbers in Egypt. Cats in India don't have the same cultural status that the ones Egypt have.

You can see depictions of cats in various tombs and temples and those beliefs have been passed on to the current generation regardless of the fact that the current inhabitants of Egypt are muslim and don't follow the same religion and practicies that the ancient inhabitants lived by.

in a similar manner, superstitious beliefs of cats as unfriendly, potentially dangerous to infants and toddlers, etc have been passed on through countless generations in India. so the current population in India tolerates the cats that do roam around but, they in no way view them as pets or companions.

a couple of years ago I was in India for about a month or so, On a hot summer afternoon, the temp was probably 120 degrees, I was walking down a street and decided to cut through a small alley as a shortcut to my destination. All of a sudden, out from behind some trash and boxes, out steppped a short haired black and white cat.

We both just froze for a couple of seconds. I kneeled down and held my hand out and tried to call him over, you could just see the confusion in his face. He just didn't know what to make of a human who actually was calling him over. Probably had never happed to him. Eventually after a few minutes he did comeover cautiously and once I scratched his ear and back, he just rolled all over the ground and kept walking in circles around me smacking his tail into me.

So we had a nice little section of the room all squared off for Bowie at night. We were using one of those stair gates to keep him there, and everything worked well for the first three days...

...until Bowie realized he has the magical ability to climb things. Today has been fun.

Kittens are alll kinds of trouble :cute:
Make sure you dont leave any thing out like thin strings, dental floss, rubber bands, or things like that that they will eat and can become obstructed. They are super curious at that age and kind of dumb! lol.

We used to find BB at the top of my son's closet, sometimes on the shelf up high, or on top of the clothes hanging in the closet. We're still not sure how she did it. :hmm:

I get home from the grocery store, and who do I find sprawled on my bed like he's the master of the universe?

Bowie021.jpg

We put some stuff over the fencing so he can't climb over it anymore, but he can still climb up onto the bed. He's just too scared to jump off of it once he does, so he's still pretty closed in for when we go out, which is what gives me peace of mind.

And just some random other kittenpicspam:

Bowie006.jpg

Bowie004.jpg

Bowie002.jpg
Bowie026.jpg

Bowie025.jpg

Travis is getting a little nervous, and so we thought we'd ask. We haven't had a lot of time to be here during the day since we've gotten him, so we haven't had a chance to observe, but he spent a LOT of time sleeping today. Is this a normal kitten thing? Obviously babies sleep a lot, but in the last 9 hours he's been asleep for about 7 of them. When he's awake, he's playing a lot and he's very hyped up and fun, but is all of this sleeping normal?

Travis is getting a little nervous, and so we thought we'd ask. We haven't had a lot of time to be here during the day since we've gotten him, so we haven't had a chance to observe, but he spent a LOT of time sleeping today. Is this a normal kitten thing? Obviously babies sleep a lot, but in the last 9 hours he's been asleep for about 7 of them. When he's awake, he's playing a lot and he's very hyped up and fun, but is all of this sleeping normal?

Probably. Cats sleep a LOT. And he's young and in a new situation, so it doesn't seem unusual for him to have been amped up for the first several days you had him and now to be really tired out. If everything else seems to be the same (eating, drinking, potty habits) I wouldn't worry about it. Plus cats are nocturnal -- mine like to romp wildly about the house at 3 am. An especially lovely habit when you have to be awake in the morning. :crack: (Luckily, I don't often have to be awake very early now).

btw, he's an adorable little fellow! Especially love the pic on the bed! :lol:

Kelly -- Wally is also adorable!! He reminds me of a cat I had when I was a kid. I loved that cat so much.

Hell, I love the pics of everyone's cats! They are all adorable. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever met a cat I didn't like -- even the mutant cats from hell (and I've met a few of those...heck I even have/had a few of those. :uhoh: :lol: )

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever met a cat I didn't like

Me too. :heart:

Except for the bastard male cat that comes over to my patio and sprays on all my stuff and fights with my outdoor cats and has consistently caused me hundreds of dollars in vet bills over the years to fix them up. :down:

All the sleeping is completely normal. In fact, it would be really abnormal if a cat wasn't sleeping much.

Most cats sleep about 15-18 hours a day. They are nocturnal by nature so they will be more active in the evenings and even through the night. If you want the little one to sleep through the night just make him run and jump for a while in the evening to tire him out.

By the way, that first pic with him all sprawled out on the bed is just too cute. That can be a picture on a greeting card.

So tiny and cute :cute:

OMG you got the mickey mouse kitty!!! :cute: aww!

I can't remember if I posted this yet or not :hmm: When we went to California Adventure in Anaheim last month (on the day we would have seen U2 in Anaheim!) we saw this cat hopping from post to post in a garden there. He was really big! Maybe he belonged to staff there... I don't know, but the posts were pretty tall and far apart and he was landing on each one quite easily... cool to watch :D

CAADVCAT6-2010.jpg

Wally has coccidia in his stool, so he's on antibiotics for 10 days. From googling, it seems it's a fairly common intestinal parasite for kittens. He's not having diarrhea yet, so I think we caught it early this time (he had diarrhea before I got him and was on antibiotics before).

Has anyone else had a cat or kitten with coccidia parasites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom