Fenway Park Superthread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Sox pitching allowed 657 runs last season.

Mariners pitching allowed 813 runs, which was more than the 794 runs you scored. Hence your September collapse.

If you really think adding Bedard takes you from being a non-playoff team to being better than the defending WS champs, I just think you're a little overly enthusiastic about your team. Not quite objective.

Putz is great, though.

dsc09515ze3.jpg

No spoken words said:
Red Sox pitching allowed 657 runs last season.

Mariners pitching allowed 813 runs, which was more than the 794 runs you scored. Hence your September collapse.

If you really think adding Bedard takes you from being a non-playoff team to being better than the defending WS champs, I just think you're a little overly enthusiastic about your team. Not quite objective.

Putz is great, though.

Mariners also added Silva. And Felix is healthy. And we don't have the two choke artists who both had ERA's above 6 (Weaver and Ramirez) in the rotation. Huge differences man. Huge.

No spoken words said:

1995, true.

5 or so of the ST instructors for the Mariners were on that '95 team. Oh, and we've got Stottlemeyer as our pitching coach, who usually can turn shit into gold. So take Seattle's already bronze pitching? Yeah, he turns it into diamond.

the tourist said:

Mariners also added Silva. And Felix is healthy. And we don't have the two choke artists who both had ERA's above 6 (Weaver and Ramirez) in the rotation. Huge differences man. Huge.

Silva, don't get too worked up over him. The King, though, good point.

I think you'll battle Anaheim for the division, as long as the King and Bedard stay healthy. And anything can happen in a 7-game Series, but, to me, the Red Sox are still the best team in Baseball. Less pressure on Dice-K, Jacoby all year, Lester and Bucholz, etc....

That's the fun of spring training, though....battles for jobs, verbal battles over who is better than who, etc. :)

No spoken words said:

Silva, don't get too worked up over him. The King, though, good point.

Silva, I believe, had more innings last year than Ramirez and Weaver combined. That alone will help out the bullpen (which is the only reason we collapsed--the bullpen was flat out tired because of the reality of a 3-man rotation).

the tourist said:

Silva, I believe, had more innings last year than Ramirez and Weaver combined. That alone will help out the bullpen (which is the only reason we collapsed--the bullpen was flat out tired because of the reality of a 3-man rotation).

He pitched 202 innings with an ERA not much over 4. Decent season, but, no savior. He might be a big addition over what was there prior, though, sure.

No spoken words said:

He pitched 202 innings with an ERA not much over 4. Decent season, but, no savior. He might be a big addition over what was there prior, though, sure.

That's a great season for a number 4 guy. :shrug:

If ax can endlessly post his pictures of trams, I can endlessly post my Fenway pictures.

nice thread title, but Fenway is home of the Boston Red Sox not the Boston Red.

the tourist said:

super old picture! not only is it before the budweiser deck up there, it's before there was the hood milk bottle! (i miss the hood milk bottle) also there's a new building back there you can see now. also before the big ass dunkies billboard above the bleachers and the john hancock scoreboard soup-up.

well that was fun, thanks for sending me back through my 2007 sox pics. except i dont have the world series ones on my hard drive now or you'd have gotten pics of a bunch of tents outside the ticket office, the big ass flag draped over the monster, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom