Dorking, Surrey, UK Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just bloody well cold here.

Mmm, great meals. What kinda stuff didja eat?

Greek last night and Japanese tonight... we did the whole teppanyaki thing, complete with flying egg and bowl-catching antics. And hot sake. :shifty:

Plus I got to cut my cake with a dirty great sword. :D

*considers linking you to various social action websites* :hmm:

They thought JF was too dangerous for 12-year-old Alison, so fair point. However, with every factoid about those shows, they get more firmly cemented in the top destination for my time machine, whenever it materialises from the future.

Well, yes... I didn't hang around in Tasmania long enough to investigate that properly. Although Queenstown was creepy enough to be in Deliverance.

Spring it on me when I'm more alert. I'm feeling tired and not at all up to a quality rant right about now.

I so wish I'd known about Popmart. I was only 11, but Mum would've definitely taken me to the Brisbane gig if we'd known it was on. But at that point in time, we were moving into our first place in Australia (we'd been living with relatives for a few months), so that was the focus of Mum's attention.

Hah, funny you say that about Queenstown, since New Zealand's Queenstown is pretty much the closest New Zealand gets to Gold Coast tackiness. Calling somewhere Queenstown seems to be a curse.

Greek last night and Japanese tonight... we did the whole teppanyaki thing, complete with flying egg and bowl-catching antics. And hot sake. :shifty:

Plus I got to cut my cake with a dirty great sword. :D
:drool: You are lucky!
It's either that, or I am just as big of a nerd as you are, as I'd love to have a birthday like that. :D

I'd be interested to know ... that's the kind of stuff I tend to prefer. Shame about my inaction and all that.
Hopefully I'll get around to asking him, reading it, and telling you sometime before I turn 40.

And Milo Kerrigan's Your The Voice should be the national anthem.
YES.

I think he wanted the level of his voice in his earpiece feed turned down, since he mentions something about being distracted by himself. Guess he needed to really focus, since it's the song's debut. I'd say it paid off and gave us the definitive SAMTM.
I'd say you're right... he said something like "If I hear myself it puts me off"....

*sabotages Bono's mix at future concerts*

Well, there's nothing new. :wink:

How has the spreadsheet stats been going?

:lol:

Good! I'm done with my share of the deal. Now Ashley just needs to put it together with what she's done and run all the functions to get the final data.

Hopefully I'll get around to asking him, reading it, and telling you sometime before I turn 40.

YES.

I'd say you're right... he said something like "If I hear myself it puts me off"....

*sabotages Bono's mix at future concerts*

I suppose I shall have to pester you, then.

And I bet right now, you're suffering through Love Rescue Me. I've skipped ahead to 11OTT. :drool:

Good! I'm done with my share of the deal. Now Ashley just needs to put it together with what she's done and run all the functions to get the final data.

I can't wait to see the updated stats. And to see what the Superthread has done to my offline life.

Ha, I just realised something! This is our 250th Superthread, a quarter of the way to a thousand, and how appropriate that we're in DORKING!

Spring it on me when I'm more alert. I'm feeling tired and not at all up to a quality rant right about now.
Yeah, I probably wouldn't appreciate it properly right now anyway... I'm still in rather a good mood. :wink:

I so wish I'd known about Popmart. I was only 11, but Mum would've definitely taken me to the Brisbane gig if we'd known it was on. But at that point in time, we were moving into our first place in Australia (we'd been living with relatives for a few months), so that was the focus of Mum's attention.
I wish I'd had a spare $100 lying around and someone to go with and some way of getting to Waverly park, rather than just seeing the lights from the top of Howitt Hall and wondering if I shouldn't perhaps be over there. Although I was a rather new fan then, and I'd probably not actually heard Pop, so god knows what I would have made of it. :lol: Might have put me off completely, who knows.

Oooh, it's the Dream It All Up Again speech!

Hah, funny you say that about Queenstown, since New Zealand's Queenstown is pretty much the closest New Zealand gets to Gold Coast tackiness. Calling somewhere Queenstown seems to be a curse.
Or Queensland? :wink:

:drool: You are lucky!
It's either that, or I am just as big of a nerd as you are, as I'd love to have a birthday like that. :D

:nerd: :hi5:

The sword bit was a complete surprise! They moved us to a normal table after we finished having food thrown at us, and the cake my friends got came out with candles and sparklers, and the obligatory singing happened... then one of the waitresses said I had to stand up to cut the cake, and gave me this freakin sword!

:evil:

Woah, deja vu.

God dammit, it's one of those ones where you're sure you did this and then you're sure you said something about deja vu before. And I'm sure I've only turned 30 once.

Anyway, there's a pic near the end of the last thread.

Yeah, I probably wouldn't appreciate it properly right now anyway... I'm still in rather a good mood. :wink:

Oh, so shall I save my rant until you're in a dodgy mood, just to drag you down further?

I wish I'd had a spare $100 lying around and someone to go with and some way of getting to Waverly park, rather than just seeing the lights from the top of Howitt Hall and wondering if I shouldn't perhaps be over there. Although I was a rather new fan then, and I'd probably not actually heard Pop, so god knows what I would have made of it. :lol: Might have put me off completely, who knows.

Hah. I wonder what 11 year old Axver would've made of Mofo. I'd DEFINITELY not heard it, and I'm pretty sure I hadn't heard a thing from Pop - I do not remember Discotheque or SATS being on the radio whatsoever; I remember songs like WLCTT and NYD getting airtime in 1998. But actually, truth be told, 11 year old Axver would've probably found live Mofo to be the most fucking awesome thing ever and I would've become a serious fan sooner.

Or Queensland? :wink:

It seems just putting 'Queens' in a placename is a curse.

:nerd: :hi5:

The sword bit was a complete surprise! They moved us to a normal table after we finished having food thrown at us, and the cake my friends got came out with candles and sparklers, and the obligatory singing happened... then one of the waitresses said I had to stand up to cut the cake, and gave me this freakin sword!

:evil:

Woah, deja vu.

God dammit, it's one of those ones where you're sure you did this and then you're sure you said something about deja vu before. And I'm sure I've only turned 30 once.

Anyway, there's a pic near the end of the last thread.

Swords are bad ass. I'd like to get a replica of Link's Master Sword from the Zelda games. :drool:

I'll have to have a look when I'm not being lazy. :wink:

I just put my winter woolly socks on over my normal ones. And my electric-blanketed bed is looking more inviting every minute.

Meanwhile, my windows are still wide open and I'm wearing a thin shirt.

MOAR COLD WETHAR, PLZ.

Haha! DorkNerds rule. :nerd:

Or should that be NerDorks?

"You were right, we were coming on anyway." :lol:

I refer to myself as a generork. Geek+nerd+dork.

I just finished the gig, since I have good taste ( :wink: ) and didn't bother with LRM. So I've moved onto 11OTT from Red Rocks. The equal best 11OTT ever. The other one being 4 November 1981.

Swords are bad ass. I'd like to get a replica of Link's Master Sword from the Zelda games. :drool:

I'll have to have a look when I'm not being lazy. :wink:

They really are. There is or was a store in a shopping centre nearby, which had all these replica swords in the window. I used to stand outside and dribble. :drool:

I'm even lazier, I could have just posted it again....

*makes effort*

swordsml.jpg

:D

Hate you. :jealous:
*throws a snowball at you*

It doesn't normally do this at this time of year. We can usually get away with thin jackets and even sometimes a t-shirt up until around Christmas and the nasty, sloshy weather doesn't hit us until Feb-March. Guess this winter's gonna be a doozy.

*throws a snowball at you*

It doesn't normally do this at this time of year. We can usually get away with thin jackets and even sometimes a t-shirt up until around Christmas and the nasty, sloshy weather doesn't hit us until Feb-March. Guess this winter's gonna be a doozy.

Meanwhile, I'm just hoping the cool weather of late means that we'll have a nice, mild summer down here.

Oh god, I so dread going to Queensland for Christmas.

I refer to myself as a generork. Geek+nerd+dork.

I just finished the gig, since I have good taste ( :wink: ) and didn't bother with LRM. So I've moved onto 11OTT from Red Rocks. The equal best 11OTT ever. The other one being 4 November 1981.

What I got from "generork" was "generic ork"... :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom