Community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We always used to watch the shows she wanted to watch! I hate Glee!

I'm not crazy about Glee either.

I hate Glee! I don't understand the appeal at all!

It's funny because the actor that plays Abed's dad plays one of the main characters on Glee. I love that the writers on this show don't give a fuck about anything like that.

Does Donald Glover write for this show too? I know he writes for 30 Rock.

Also, I'll give Jeff a shoulder to cry on while you boys go put a dead bird in that bitch's glove compartment.

If you so much as hum three notes from that Righteous Brothers song, with God as my witness, I will come at you. With everything I've got.

I've finally caught up with last week's episode--I was laughing so hard I was almost crying when Britta was being whipped by Troy's grandma. That was F-in awesome!

More importantly, you stopped giggling at the word "seamen," which is the most important mark of a seaman

One of the finest half hours of tv I've probably ever seen this past week.

It really was an inspired episode.

I'm so happy that this, the REC!, and 30 Rock are all back for at least another year. It just makes life better.

ae7czn.gif

Oh shit! No I didn't. What was it?

I love that Pierce F-ed the Spanish sub. About time he got something.
In Fletch, when Stanwyk brings him back to house for the first time, he sees a Spanish maid in the hallway and says "sierra del fuego," which is just random Spanish words thrown together.

Pierce said the exact same thing to the Spanish teacher after everyone said things in Spanish about saving Annie.

In Fletch, when Stanwyk brings him back to house for the first time, he sees a Spanish maid in the hallway and says "sierra del fuego," which is just random Spanish words thrown together.

Pierce said the exact same thing to the Spanish teacher after everyone said things in Spanish about saving Annie.

:lol::lol::lol:

I've got to watch Fletch and Fletch Lives again. I've got the DVDs.

Funny and related:
In high school my English Lit teacher went on and on one day about how movies can NEVER be as good their books. A smartass raised his hand and said that the teacher, Mr. Garner, obviously had never read a Fletch book. A few of us laughed our asses off. Most people were clueless.

I've never read a Fletch book, but my brother has read most of them.

correct, but in both cases he said "tierra del fuego" which means land of fire. :nerd:

Hm, I always thought he was saying it wrong, and that it was part of the joke. Either way, a shoutout that had me dying laughing because that's been a family joke for a while.

This week's episode was fantastic. Chang's entrance into the study room was the best moment of the series so far. :up:

Buenos Dias, children! :lol: Perfect line and delivery! I love Senor Chang. And Annie. And Jeff. And Abed. And the Accounting teacher. Hey, I :heart: everyone, they have such a great ensemble cast!

So I watched the pilot way back in summer when NBC was noodling around with previewing it on Facebook, being lured in by the prospect of more John Oliver. I thought it was pretty amusing, but quickly lost track until around Contemporary American Poultry, when I saw this clip

YouTube - Abed as Don Draper - Community 1.17

and started noticing the AV Club's drooling coverage. So glad I did! I saw the last couple episodes On Demand, raided YouTube for a few more clips, and have spent the last 13 hours on a megavideo website to catch up with most of the episodes.

One thing in particular I’ve noticed about the series (besides the awesome cast) are the setpieces. Take the “Disney face” scene in last week’s episode. That’s a solid three and a half minutes I’ve watched again and again, because they’ve already done the character work of setting up Annie’s dependency and Jeff’s latent asshole lawyer persona prior to the scene. During the sketch, the tone manages to toe the line of comedy and drama as Annie’s insecurities are drawn out and devoured by the Jeff-wolf after she dooms them to another year in Spanish. “She’s the Ark of the Covenant!” Absolutely hilarious watching Jeff call her fluttering eyes and trembling lips, but at the same time sad knowing how desperately she was trying to stay friends with the study group.

What's crazier is that this first season is 25 episodes long. Aren't some British series only like 7 or 8 long? It's hard to believe that the writers can be this good for this long. /gush

This show is screwed. CBS just moved Survivor to Wednesdays at 8 PM. What's moving to Thursdays at 8 PM? The Big Bang Theory.

Dan Harmon's Twitter postings on this:

# @brianstelter Well, if CBS thinks I'm a big enough threat to send a terminator, the least I can do is prove them right.

# @billprady welcome to 8. Not a lot here but vampires and bones. I'll give you half of any viewers I find. Okay, more than half.

Only hope is that there's no overlap between those that watch single and multi-camera comedies. But I believe there happens to be a lot.

Well, crap. ...Who watches all these CBS sitcoms, anyways? Must be the same people watching NCIS. Based solely on random word of mouth from my friends and online (admittedly limiting), the only show I'd believe is a huge hit is How I Met Your Mother. Guess I'm not in the target demo.

Anyway, I'd like to slightly change what I already said about setpieces to add that basically *any* scene set at the table is gold. The actors and writers are so good at escalating their scenes it's scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom