College Football 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How is USC going to be this year, trojanchick99? Marquis Lee is back, right?

Marqise is back, but we have a huge question mark at QB, an Offensive line that has a lot to prove, and a very shallow bench. Still, I have to believe we will be better than last year. The schedule is favorable, so I'm predicting 9-4 with a loss to ND, but a win against UCLA.

UCLA should give USC a good run for the South title. Arizona State should also be in the mix. Oregon and Stanford will continue to rule the Pac 12 North. Its make or break time for Sarkisian at Washington. From what I hear, the locals are getting tired of 7 win seasons.

Should be another fun season. :up:

As much as I HATE to say it, yeah, UCLA looks to be strong this year. :barf: ASU, I'll believe it when I see it, I know it's a new coaching staff, but that team usually manages to implode eventually.

Agree with Oregon and Stanford. That will be a fun battle to watch. In general the North looks to be much more entertaining than the South with Oregon State, Dread Pirate Mike Leach, and Sark trying to break through.

I'm going to try to catch a USC practice at some point this camp, as I'm very curious to see how the QBs are doing.

Has anyone caught the Penn State Training Days that has been airing on ESPN? It's probably not all that entertaining to people who don't know the team inside-and-out, but I've enjoyed the shit out of it.

UCLA should give USC a good run for the South title. Arizona State should also be in the mix. Oregon and Stanford will continue to rule the Pac 12 North. Its make or break time for Sarkisian at Washington. From what I hear, the locals are getting tired of 7 win seasons.

Not a single mention of UoU? What?!

:wink:

I'm still mad at BYU for not ironing out the issues that would have got them into the Big 12, which would have meant Louisville would have been added as well. The two outstanding issues were no-Sunday play, preventing them from ever being a fulltime member and their TV contract with ESPN which prevented them from being football-only.

Instead, we're stuck at 10, and the lack of a conference championship game is going to cost someone in the Big 12 one of these years. By 2014 (playoff) 9 of the 10 conferences will play one. I can see it now - an argument between a 12-1 team and an 11-1 Big 12 champ for that 4th spot. Maybe Oklahoma and Texas (in that situation) get in on name brand alone but that's not a total given.

Besides, right now they are trying to schedule 'marquee' games on that weekend to 'match wits' with the other conference championship games. What if Oklahoma/Texas is 10-1 and is in a mighty argument with some other team that plays a CCG, and needs a big win over someone to remain in the discussion, and they are playing some 6-6/7-5 team? While 11-1 Stanford gets a crack at 9-3 USC or whatever.

Additionally, playing the old Big Ten style round-robin schedule actually spreads more losses across the conference, hurting strength of schedule. And if the playoff committee uses any kind of metric/ranking, it will include SOS. So...fuck. I hate Big XII 3.0.

Not a single mention of UoU? What?!

:wink:

Ha. I think you know I cheer for BYU. Although I don't get into the whole rivalry thing too much. I hate the religious aspect of it and I have a lot of Ute friends. Utah is going is to have it tough this year playing Oregon and Stanford and a pretty deep Pac-12 schedule. I wouldn't be surprised if they go 4-8 (even if they beat BYU again).

BYU has a pretty awesome schedule this year. Impy's Longhorns come to Provo on the 7th. Also home games with Utah, Boise St, and Georgia Tech and road games at Virginia, Wisconsin and Notre Dame.

I'm still mad at BYU for not ironing out the issues that would have got them into the Big 12, which would have meant Louisville would have been added as well. The two outstanding issues were no-Sunday play, preventing them from ever being a fulltime member and their TV contract with ESPN which prevented them from being football-only.

You have no idea man. Every BYU fan would LOVE to be in the Big 12. Independence sucks with almost no bowl/BCS access. Some would even rather go back to MWC to staying Indy long term. BYU is not Notre Dame.

I hope you they do go back to the MWC, they don't deserve the Big 12. Bunch of assholes. "Let's be the Notre Dame of the West". Please, every one saw right through that BS for what it was: A ploy to get picked up by a bigger conference in a few years. Utah and BYU cost the MWC an auto-bid, but I'm over it for the most part, now that TCU's in the Big 12.

That is the prevailing attitude on most Big 12 forums I frequent. "Fuck BYU".
I just want the Big 12 to get back to 12. I don't care if it's Memphis and New Mexico.

bono_212 said:
I hope you they do go back to the MWC, they don't deserve the Big 12. Bunch of assholes. "Let's be the Notre Dame of the West". Please, every one saw right through that BS for what it was: A ploy to get picked up by a bigger conference in a few years. Utah and BYU cost the MWC an auto-bid, but I'm over it for the most part, now that TCU's in the Big 12.

TCU ditched the MWC just like everyone else. A MWC of BYU, TCU and Boise was never guaranteed BCS access

TCU ditched the MWC just like everyone else. A MWC of BYU, TCU and Boise was never guaranteed BCS access

TCU ditched after everyone and their brother either did leave, or threatened to. But trust me, I don't hold TCU beyond reproach, I was disappointed in their leaving, but I think they did what was right for their school. Had they stuck with the plan to go to the Big East, I would be singing a different tune, trust me. I don't blame Utah for leaving either. It was really just BYU and their jump to bloated independence that truly angered me.

A MWC with BYU, TCU, Utah, Boise, Fresno, Nevada (remember, they were both ranked at the time, and Fresno's about to be ranked again, possibly), Air Force and, of course, the rumored Hawaii and Houston...I think that would've been a heavy hitter for Automatic Qualifier.

Sorry, I made my original post in a rush as I was heading out the door, I should have been a little more thorough in what I was trying to say.

No problem Bono 212...I know we've talked about this before, and I generally agree. I know BYU (and their fans) can come across as arrogant. Still I try to stick up for them when I can :D.

We're basically just jealous that TCU and Utah got into a major conference and we didn't. Most of us don't like Independence and didn't like the administration's decision to just jump ship on the MWC. It is what it is.

BTW, I think TCU is a sleeper to contend for the Big 12 title this year. It should certainly help having Pachall back.:up:

All good man, that conference created some great rivalries, but I respect your attempts to support such a...wonderful school :p

I'm trying not to get too excited about TCU. Gotta wait and see Pachall with my own eyes first to really get an idea. But we had an impressive year last year with practically no quarterback. We're going to have our potentially biggest test week one. After that game's over, I think we'll have a good idea. Can't friggin' wait.

I can't either. That LSU-TCU game is must see TV. Probably the best game of opening weekend.

Someone should start a 2013 thread...

Niiiice dude. Are you an LSU fan? I saw BYU play Oklahoma there a few years ago. That stadium is awesome.

No problem Bono 212...I know we've talked about this before, and I generally agree. I know BYU (and their fans) can come across as arrogant. Still I try to stick up for them when I can :D.

We're basically just jealous that TCU and Utah got into a major conference and we didn't. Most of us don't like Independence and didn't like the administration's decision to just jump ship on the MWC. It is what it is.

BTW, I think TCU is a sleeper to contend for the Big 12 title this year. It should certainly help having Pachall back.:up:

Honestly, I don't know how anyone expected the MWC to survive after "The Mountain" fiasco. Also, calling the Mormon decision making hierarchy "arrogant" is incredibly redundant. They claim that every decision they make is prophecy received directly from god.

I'm far more annoying and angry with the new BYU jersey drama than I ever was with the decision to go independent.

Honestly, I don't know how anyone expected the MWC to survive after "The Mountain" fiasco. Also, calling the Mormon decision making hierarchy "arrogant" is incredibly redundant. They claim that every decision they make is prophecy received directly from god.

I'm far more annoying and angry with the new BYU jersey drama than I ever was with the decision to go independent.

Remind me please, what "The Mountain" fiasco was? I'm having trouble remembering.

You are far more annoying :wink:

Next to no one in the region could watch any of the games, because next to none of the local providers carried The Mountain until pretty much the last year that all the "good" teams were in the conference.

I know that we had some problems with that when I was a...sophomore? DirecTV dropped it, I believe was what it was, and there was a big todo, because we couldn't watch our away games. It was either MTN or Vs that got dropped, I can't remember which now.

Well, why would you, really? It's the network for the Mountain West Conference. I'm sure if Comf USA has a network most of us wouldn't be aware of its existence...

Not that I'm defending the MTN.

Back
Top Bottom