Bummerville, CA, United States Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dangerous level crossings are a roading problem, not a railway issue, and all that removing a railway - or any form of public transport - from the centre of a city achieves is a reduction in access, a reduction in pedestrians and shoppers, etc. I won't hold my breath about the light rail getting off the ground, though if it happens that sounds like it would be rather good. It just boggles my mind that Newcastle (and Wodonga) are pursuing this furphy of removing rail from the central city at the same time as hundreds of cities worldwide are trying, at great expense, to reverse their awful 1960s-70s public transport decisions. You just have to look at New Zealand to see how disastrous this is, from Auckland's recent monumental costs to restore central city rail access to Christchurch no longer having any suburban rail at all thanks to abandoning their inner city terminus and lacking the funds to restore it.

Of course, there's a personal interest here given I'm dependent on public transport and wouldn't mind being able to easily access central Newcastle if I get the job. :wink:

Haha, well, I wasn't going to say it...! Though close to Sydney is a positive for me in the sense that any band touring Australia will at least visit Melbourne and Sydney, so I would want to be close or in one of them. It's amazing how many smaller bands don't even bother with Brisbane, let alone anywhere else.

And as somebody who complains about Melbourne being too hot but comforts himself by looking north and saying "it could be worse", I'm not sure the climate aspect is a positive. :lol:

I think the only way the rail closure will get off the ground is if light rail is green lighted. And it is a vastly expanded light rail network, the and actually look good

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Yeah I just did some reading up and it looks like the light rail is actually going ahead in conjunction with removing the railway, so thank god for that. I won't believe it's actually happening until the work's well under way though - it's obscene how many times these sorts of plans get approved only for a key component to just disappear, or even get cancelled during early stages of construction. Just look at Monash University; its Clayton campus was only allowed to be located there on the proviso that a railway line be built to it. Over half a century later, that railway is no closer to happening.

Have fun man.

I'm off to Hobart on Tuesday. It's only taken me over 17 years of living in this country to get to our southernmost state!

Hobart probably nicem much cooler even though its not very large, wouldn't mind visiting mysaelf

Hobart is awesome. I'm hoping to go back before Mum moves back over. Could seriously live in Tassie, albeit the have one of the worst unemployment rates in the country.

Make sure you go to Salamanca Place for all the great restaurants.

Oh I will do. I want to try some quality Tassie whisky while down there too.

K guys, its time for the 3rd...4th? Definitely some kind of anniversary of RUNNING DIARY SHITTY HALLMARK MOVIES.

This year's installment Christmas Under Wraps is very special, as it is the return of Candace Cameron to Hallmark, who debuted with the very first RDSHM film Moonlight and Mistletoe.

The rules, as ever: 1) no fixing grammatical errors, 2) drink alcohol. My beverage this year:

RELEASE THE EGGNOG

-Eggnog
-A non-specified amount of Kraken Black Rum
-Nutmeg to taste

Let's go.

I feel like fucking shit already.

CC is a doctor. I'm in the Christmas spirit already. The film is set in San Francisco because trolleys. The score is a copy-paste job of last year's score.

CC is very presumptuous about her boyfriend proposing.

She's definitely out of his league, as well.

How dare he break up with her.

Non-Union Equivalent Rob Lowe just broke your heart, CC. He doesn't have cable so he takes it out on everyone else.

Everyone wants CC to live her life, but I'm not positive what CC does with her life exactly. Club baby seals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom