browser hijacking??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
I never heard of this, but I just ran a program on my computer that said I had 15 possible attempts to hijack my browser, and maybe some of them had been successful :( How is this done, and what can the person see? Everywhere you go? I am thinking my brother is doing this to hack my emails since I quit sending him any after I found out he was putting them on the bathroom wall. What can he do? Also does this have anything to do with the fact that recently I am unable to log out of my screen name and lurk as a guest no matter how many times I click logout, and the option to not automatically log in remains clicked? :huh:

Google---> browser hijacking

I think it has nothing to do with your brother but with unsafe surfing on the net.

Last edited:
Did I get rid of it by running adaware or is there something else I need to do?

You should run both Ad-aware and "Spybot Search and Destroy". They are essentially the same type of program, however they search for different instances of spyware. One program will find some that the other will not. Plus they are both FREE! I LOVE that word don't you?

You should run these every couple of weeks as spyware accumulates quickly. You WILL see a performance increase in your computer.

Browser Hijacking sends your browsing habits to advertisers. If you notice a delay between when you type an address in your address bar and when the page actually starts to load, you have been hijacked.

Spyware isn't such a bad thing in all perspectives though....it keeps my side computer maintenance business running strong. :ohmy:

Okay I'll try that too, thanks everyone! But I still don't trust my brother :tsk: He's a hacker from way back, I know what he can do.

Back
Top Bottom