Bollard, Simmerath, Germany Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My dream U2 concert still starts off with some crappy pop music being played on the soundsystem and Bono walking out on stage and screaming "SHUT UP this is music!" as Edge explodes into The Fly

It's still the BDO, which is automatic fail. You couldn't pay me to go.

But yeah, I'm banking on some sideshows. Muse are too popular not to do some.

Rage did side shows when they headlined, Neil Young did a side show last year, I'm pretty sure Tool did a sideshow as well, but who fucking cares.

It's still the BDO, which is automatic fail. You couldn't pay me to go.

But yeah, I'm banking on some sideshows. Muse are too popular not to do some.

Oh go on, you know you want to. I wouldn't normally go either, but for Muse...

My dream U2 concert still starts off with some crappy pop music being played on the soundsystem and Bono walking out on stage and screaming "SHUT UP this is music!" as Edge explodes into The Fly

You have echoed my dreams.

:drool:

Yours is far more likely than mine, which involves a spinning drum riser coming out of the floor, Edge standing at the complete other side of the stadium and walking towards the stage whilst playing, Bono being wire-flown on stage and Adam just turning up.

Ohh, Mysterious Ways.

I love the BDO. Yeah sometimes there is a lot shitty bands, but usually worth going to just for the day itself. next year will be my 4th in a row, and have always found at least one new band to enjoy.

My first BDO was probably my fav. but 2008 with Rage headlining, I went and watched Sara Blasko instead. Could not get near Rage.

Why so nasty?

Concerts are bad enough when they're larger than club/theatre level, too much fluffing about for too little music. Festivals take that to an extreme. Why would I pay to see bands I like do abbreviated hits setlists for audiences that aren't their own when I could go see them play a proper show instead?

Concerts are bad enough when they're larger than club/theatre level, too much fluffing about for too little music. Festivals take that to an extreme. Why would I pay to see bands I like do abbreviated hits setlists for audiences that aren't their own when I could go see them play a proper show instead?

Fair enough. Then why do you go and see u2 :wink: *boomtish*

JUST KIDDING. CAUSE CAPSLOCK IS FUN!

Bono's introducing the band... calling them the 'Republic of U2' or something ridiculous.

Apparently Larry wrote U2's constitution and is the Secretary of Defence.

Fuck, U2 gigs in DC are the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom