Assawoman, Virginia Stupidthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I eagerly await this.

I think I'm sufficiently unexcited to make Traviud look fairly enthusiastic. After how completely Bono's vocals put me off in I Believe In Father Christmas, my expectations hit rock-bottom. VDL helped a little, but still, I have no intention of buying the album at this stage.

(I won't be too shocked if I go back on that just to be a completist.)

Bono's vocals, as lousy as they were on that song, were sufficiently made up for by Edge's guitar work. Loved that portion of it.

Emerson, Lake, And Palmer's version is better though. U2 is a lousy cover band.

Much ado is all i see
And i feel like it's surrounding me
The crowd intrudes all day
Till i'm finally swept away
i'm finally swept away
i'm finally swept away
i'm finally swept away

Much ado is all I see
(although my roots were deep)
In fact it is surrounding me
The seething crowd intrudes all day
(I sank in hillsides deep)
Until I'm finally swept away
Although I thought my roots were deep
(the rivers that erode)
I sank them into hillsides steep
And riverbanks that soon erode
(and canyons overflow)
And canyons that have overflowed

My guess:

French vanilla ice cream covered in German chocolate with a US flag sticking out of it.

Haha, all the meals had US flags sticking out of it. And the ice cream was in one of those big glass thingamajigs sitting on a plate decorated with the American flag.

It must have seemed hilarious that I was at such a place. Even if it were Kiwi flags, I'd look terribly out of place.

Haha, all the meals had US flags sticking out of it. And the ice cream was in one of those big glass thingamajigs sitting on a plate decorated with the American flag.

It must have seemed hilarious that I was at such a place. Even if it were Kiwi flags, I'd look terribly out of place.
if i ever visit you, please promise me you'll take me to this restaurant. i'm now intrigued as to how "authentic" any of this food is.

Bono's vocals, as lousy as they were on that song, were sufficiently made up for by Edge's guitar work. Loved that portion of it.

Emerson, Lake, And Palmer's version is better though. U2 is a lousy cover band.

The problem with Edge's guitar, as nice as it sounded, is that it really just seemed to be an extension of COBL.

Yeah, U2 have only done one studio cover that's better than the original: Dancing Barefoot.

it's more the fact that she's one giant implant.

Mariah_Carey_Arden.jpg

That's a cracking (ha) implant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom