are you ready for a new FOOTBALL THREAD?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
4-0. this time it was the right way round.

Bolton Wanderers. more like Lolton Blunderers.

i think it will be these 3 who down. birmingham aren't safe at all though.

U guys had a good day - 2 great wins :up:

Boro will be tough today I reckon. If we win, it will be 1-0 or 2-1, something like that. I've got a feeling they will score first.

Mate went ladbrokes today and stuck a fiver on Pique to score first tommoz, 40/1.

Was such an exciting finish to the game tonight, omg theo was like grease lightning.

If wenger doesnt start him next season he might aswell go on loan.

^Nice. I'll be rooting for you! As long as we score at all i'll be happy! If we can get an early goal then that'll be that. No need to go all out if we don't have to - we should save ourselves for Arsenal at the weekend.

Talking of which, they'll be arriving at Old Trafford feeling pretty deflated hopefully. That was the game of the season last night and when it got to 2-2 after that stunning run from Theo, I really thought that was it. It was a definate penalty for me. He was all over Babel when he didn't need to be. I can understand Wenger's frustration as it was a blatant penalty in the 1st leg that they weren't given, but nevermind!

He needs to spend in the summer now. It's absurd he brought no-one in in Jan. And he should offload Senderos as soon as he can. The guy is useless and has been for time.

Last edited:
great game last night. i also thought it was game over when they made it 2-2. definite penalty though. Toure was all over Babel. Hopefully Liverpool will dump out chelsea again.

seeing Chelsea in a european cup final will make me sick to my stomach. United won't have any problems tonight.

Definitely NOT a def penalty! Look at the challange from a few angles and you can see the contact (if any) was minimal at most. Compare to the Hleb penalty which was not given and you can understand Wengers (and most Arsenal fans) frustration.

I think we were the better side over the 2 legs but its the way things have been going for us over past few months since Birmingham game - Eduardo breaks his leg and Birmingham score last minute penalty which wasn't a penalty. Roll on next season!!

Toure was playing with fire trying to tackle babel from behind inside the penalty area and making contact. it wasn't as blatant as a slide tackle but it was a penalty. toure played with fire and got burnt. arsenal have really missed sagna lately. he's the best RB in the prem for my money.

Fed up with all these English clubs overachieving in Euro Champions League. Makes it appear as if England are actually good at football, which is a bit laughable. Barca for the win.....

Ah well, at least the English Cup has some integrity this year. A final worth watching! Bluebirds for the win!!!!!! Shame we'll be wearing our away kit.

A Welsh club making the English Cup final! Couple that with the fact that England couldn't qualify for Euro 2008, and English football isn;t so rosy and grand after all. :lol:

intedomine said:

Ah well, at least the English Cup has some integrity this year. A final worth watching! Bluebirds for the win!!!!!! Shame we'll be wearing our away kit.

A Welsh club making the English Cup final! Couple that with the fact that England couldn't qualify for Euro 2008, and English football isn;t so rosy and grand after all. :lol:

i always thought you were an aussie, turns out you're a bitter welsh ex-pat. now i see where all that hatred for the english comes from...

in all honesty i do want cardiff to win the FA cup. my dad supports them and i don't really like pompey as they've played awful football throughout the cup and have fluked their way to the final.

intedomine said:
Fed up with all these English clubs overachieving in Euro Champions League. Makes it appear as if England are actually good at football, which is a bit laughable. Barca for the win.....

You appear to know very little about English football. If you did you would realise that 3/4 of the players in those remaining English teams are not even from England. :sexywink:

Also Barcelona may well be the weakest team left in the competition in terms of recent performances. :sexywink:

Count Marzipan said:

You appear to know very little about English football. If you did you would realise that 3/4 of the players in those remaining English teams are not even from England. :sexywink:

I do know that. That's why I said it makes it appear as if England are good at football, when that is anything but the truth, because they've all bought their way to such a position by snatching foreign talent.

If gun administrators like Platini and Blatter get their glorious way, a cap (hopefully 5 max) on the number of foreign players playing at all clubs in the world, the best footballing nations in the world will be better reflected (if not yet perfectly) in domestic leagues.

intedomine said:

If gun administrators like Platini and Blatter get their glorious way, a cap (hopefully 5 max) on the number of foreign players playing at all clubs in the world, the best footballing nations in the world will be better reflected (if not yet perfectly) in domestic leagues.

i wouldn't complain about that as a villa fan :wink:

_44104743_barry_getty300.jpg

2785270949-soccer-international-friendly-austria-v-england-ernst-happel-stadium.jpg

2577273320-soccer-uefa-under-21-championship-england-v-bulgaria-stadium-mk.jpg

_44245067_scott_carson300x300.jpg

Reo-Coker_468x751.jpg

and future england regular:

400x400_CurtisDaviesNew2.jpg

:D

Disclaimer: i only put carson in there because he plays for villa now and has played for england. the truth is he is a terrible keeper and i hope he fucks off back to liverpool reserves at the end of the season.

intedomine said:

I do know that. That's why I said it makes it appear as if England are good at football, when that is anything but the truth, because they've all bought their way to such a position by snatching foreign talent.

My apologies, I misunderstood where you were coming from although it appears we were in agreement anyway. ;)

6-0 awesome result, nice to see a great selection of english scorers too.
I would of took a draw today and it was probs the best 0-0 all season.

i could have done with newcastle winning today, still, can't have everything.

petrovs goal :ohmy:

Roy Carroll? more like Rofl Carrlol.

^ STOP DOING THAT! :lol:

Petrov's was a great goal and Carrol knew he was in shit street the moment the ball landed at Petrov's feet.

he'd have struggled to save it if he was rooted to his line. went straight into the top corner.

i've got a sneaking suspicion we *might* be able to catch everton at this rate. we've got the scum next week so that should be an easy three points and they've got chelsea and then we both meet at goodison next week. should we win that would put us level on points and everton have still got to play arsenal and newcastle. i won't be counting my chickens though just yet.

can't believe owen didn't score yesterday. hansen said it was a "great save" from david james but he didn't know anything about it.

expect another top drawer pun next week again vaz! :wink:

Top draw? more like bottom of the barrel.
Yeah James has all the luck and Geremi better start learning how to take set peices.

I hope villa reach the 5th spot, i dont like david moyes for some reason

:reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom