are you ready for a new FOOTBALL THREAD?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1stepcloser said:

get behind ronaldo?? after his theatrics at the world cup??

as an england fan who's seen his team get beaten on penalties by portugal twice, the last team i'll be cheering on will be portugal.

Amen to that brother.

1stepcloser said:

get behind ronaldo?? after his theatrics at the world cup??

as an england fan who's seen his team get beaten on penalties by portugal twice, the last team i'll be cheering on will be portugal.

If I supported anyone else other than Man U, I know i'd be saying exactly the same as you guys. I was utterly pissed off with him after the WC in 2006 and I fully expected him to leave the club. At that point all he was to me was a young upstart more bothered about trying to show off or even cheat on the pitch, so I wasnt too fussed about him leaving or not. If it had been between him and Rooney there would've been no contest.

But Fergie talked to him I guess the same way as he did to Becks after France 98', he stayed and he's grown into arguably the best player in the world - at this time. Aside from that, i've no other reason to get behind any other team this summer and I want to see him do well! :)

Oh - and I fully expect us to win the title tonight. Chelsea will slip up at Goodison i'm certain of it. Avram is for the chop and has little support from the players, there's backroom trouble with Ben Haim's comments that became headlines yesterday and they will also be without Lampard for the game. Come on Everton, scrape a 1-0!

Everton have been poor of late so i expect a chelsea hammering or a draw.

Even though it makes me sick to my stomach i will be supporting chelsea tonight. if everton lose tonight villa have a real chance of making 5th place.

come on chelsea!! *spits*

Was watching the news last night and i couldnt fail to laugh at reports about the city owners disappointment of sven's first season lol.

Its gonna be City's highest prem league finish. Their season only went of the rails because of the hammering against Chelsea and Sven not having gold to spend at Winter.

The new foreign investors seem to expect instant success.

Sven has my dad's backing ( he's a city fan) and i believe he has the vast majority of City fan's support also.

Aardvark747 said:

Aside from that, i've no other reason to get behind any other team this summer and I want to see him do well! :)

Fair enough ronaldo is a great player but i've got plenty of reasons to not get behind portugal.

i suppose i'll get behind spain as i'll probably bet on them and i love watching some of their players, iniesta especially.

vaz02 said:
Was watching the news last night and i couldnt fail to laugh at reports about the city owners disappointment of sven's first season lol.

Its gonna be City's highest prem league finish. Their season only went of the rails because of the hammering against Chelsea and Sven not having gold to spend at Winter.

The new foreign investors seem to expect instant success.

Sven has my dad's backing ( he's a city fan) and i believe he has the vast majority of City fan's support also.

I wish i knew some man city fans cos i'd laugh at them over this debacle. i wouldn't be happy about this at all if i were a man city fan. these kind of instant success power hungry chairmen are all too common in spain and the managers end up coming and going through a revolving door. it's not good at all for the stability of the club and i wouldn't be surprised if sven jumped before he was pushed.

seeing what this Thaksin clown has to say makes me proud to have such a great chairman at villa. not all foreign investors are bad. we got lucky with ours and to some extent pompey have too as they have got a pretty solid team now. although apparently pompey have accumulated some £23m worth of debt mainly due to player wages. heaven knows how much they're paying sol campbell :ohmy:

1stepcloser said:

I wish i knew some man city fans cos i'd laugh at them over this debacle. i wouldn't be happy about this at all if i were a man city fan. these kind of instant success power hungry chairmen are all too common in spain and the managers end up coming and going through a revolving door. it's not good at all for the stability of the club and i wouldn't be surprised if sven jumped before he was pushed.

seeing what this Thaksin clown has to say makes me proud to have such a great chairman at villa. not all foreign investors are bad. we got lucky with ours and to some extent pompey have too as they have got a pretty solid team now. although apparently pompey have accumulated some £23m worth of debt mainly due to player wages. heaven knows how much they're paying sol campbell :ohmy:

Last time i heard pompy were talking about a new stadium, what happened to that ?

this was supposed to be it. dunno if it's underway or what:

H_M_Portsmouth_ready.jpg

:uhoh:

^:wink:

Chelsea scraped through last night then. I'm a little worried by Blackburn 2moro. They will up their game against us and could prove tricky to beat. Maybe a score draw will be the end result....?

Sounds like Avram Grant gave a great press conference after the game. One word answers to their questions! He must be feeling pissed off. It's not as though he's done that badly since taking over - ok they lost the Carling Cup Final but they're in the Champions League semis at least. It looks like he'll be on his way come the end of the campaign - the fans have done their best to determine that.

Ian Wright has quit as a pundit on the BBC, saying that he feels he is used like the court jester - after Shearer and Hansen have both given their views on whatever game has been played. Also he has been criticised by the big bosses about the way he talks and the clothes he wears?!:|
Oh well, at least he'll still be on Talk Sport.....and Gladiators!

CONTENDERS....REEEAAAADYYYYYYY! :rockon:

ian Wright wants to be taken more seriously so he's going to present..............gladiators? very highbrow, ian, very highbrow.

awful match last night but good result for us. everton you won't have that 5th place for much longer :mac:

hopefully that is the first and only time i'll ever have to support chelsea.

I hate Ian Wright, he screwed Shaun Wright-Phillips career by giving him shit advice.

I totally agree about his shirts, tie and jackets comment.

Brilliant news for Victory supporters, with Melbourne fixtured to play Juve in a friendly on May 30. Shame Juve will be without some of their guns due to Euro 2008.

if ian wright is leaving the beeb might as well just do a whole clearout of crap ex-pro's turned pundits. the only ones worth keeping are hansen and peacock. the rest can go and rot on channel 5 or bravo for all i care.

my favourites:

4.jpg

peacock

615---Image.jpg

guillem balague

sid_lowe.jpg

sid lowe from the guardian football weekly podcast.

get these 3 on the main football programmes instead of the inane drivel we have to put up with week in week out from dour ex-pro's like pallister, dixon, shearer ect....

my accumulator today:

fulham v liverpool draw

west ham v derby draw

norwich v west brom

QPR v charlton

nottingham forest v luton

bradford v grimsby

£1 gives back £171 if it comes through :D

west ham have lost 4 of their last 6 games. can't see them dishing out any thrashings today. although liverpool have just scored :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom