are bright eyes worth giving a chance?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I stayed away for a long time because I didn't like the type of people who like Bright Eyes, but I've since come around to the Bright Eyes camp. :wink: Great live, too. :heart:

I generally hate singer/songwriter type stuff, I dont see Bright Eyes in that light for some reason. They're totally worth a try. I really enjoy the albums of theirs that I have. :up:

Bit of a misconception at play here: Bright Eyes is just one dude, Conor Oberst. He plays with a bunch of musicians, but he is the whole band.

He's also excellent.

Mac Phisto said:
Bit of a misconception at play here: Bright Eyes is just one dude, Conor Oberst. He plays with a bunch of musicians, but he is the whole band.

Well, Bright Eyes technically is a band...it just has a revolving cast...with Conor Oberst being the one constant.

I found Conor irritating and self-absorbed when I saw them on Austin City Limits but he had great people playing with him. Then I read a worshipful review in the New York Times of his two-night stint in NYC and thought maybe I'd give them another chance. But I haven't yet.

joyfulgirl said:
I found Conor irritating and self-absorbed when I saw them on Austin City Limits but he had great people playing with him. Then I read a worshipful review in the New York Times of his two-night stint in NYC and thought maybe I'd give them another chance. But I haven't yet.

Understandable. I hate reading any articles that interview him, because he always literally shows his age and education in the articles. (I know how pompous that sounds of me, but he is just a wanker)

That being said, he's got some very good tunes. I dig.

joyfulgirl said:

Agreed. He is a decent talent, but a pretentious little shit.

Back
Top Bottom