24: Day 6 - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that wasn't the worst episode this season...and there was a lot more Jack this time it felt like...the end was kinda odd though.

bono_212 said:
that wasn't the worst episode this season...and there was a lot more Jack this time it felt like...the end was kinda odd though.

No, there have been worse episodes this season. And thankfully we FINALLY saw more of Jack this week! :up:

But if there were more than three episodes left in the season, I'd be tempted not to watch ... :sigh:

bono_212 said:
Didn't we already know he was still alive?

Yeah, apparently (according to Wikipedia, anyways) we found out last year thanks to a brief mention that he was still alive. I guess I'd forgotten. This was one of the few episodes in the past two seasons where I didn't play the drinking game. :wink:

phanan said:
Yeah, we definitely knew he was still alive.

And people shouldn't be complaining too much. We get Audrey back but at least we don't have to listen to her. :wink:

They should do that to Kim.

Kim >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Audrey.

I know Audrey's been held by the Chinese for about a year but she looked like Swamp Thing.

24 has always had soap opera moments since day 1, but the action and suspense made up for it. when its alllllll soap opera moments its a bit too much.

the good thing is the writers pretty much know this season has sucked and are looking at making big changes for season 7

How many bullets did they use last night, I lost count at...zero.
How many hostiles did Jack encounter, I lost count at...zero.
How much cool dialogue was there,I lost count at...zero.

Great episode. N't.

Am I the only long time fan who likes this season? It still lacks the race-against-time feel tat the first three had, but we're getting some good character drama, especially last night even given the cheese factor of making her crazy, Jack trying to get through to Audrey was heart-breaking. I wanted to slap Heller when he said the last line of the episode.

I'm not saying it's perfect, but it is strong still.

That was one of the big reasons I didn't think last night was so bad I liked the Jack/Audrey part and I also kinda like the Morris/Chloe thing that's been going on. But everything else just seems so unnecessary and pointless, which is what's making this season so ridiculously boring to me.

Yeah the Morris/Chloe thing was kind of a light subplot, now it's getting really strong.

I don't know. I didn't mind them killing off so many characters last season but it moved the story along and, hell, it was a great season.

And, while I thoroughly enjoy the Morris/Chloe angle I find Milo and Nadia excruciatingly painful. What this season needs is a healthy dose of Tony and Michelle!

I'm just rambling here. I find it hard to accept that this season can be so bad. It would have been a lot more interesting to see the Jack/Audrey storyline take place in.....China. This season never should have been set in the US in the first place.

The season finale should end with Tony walking thru the door and saying "So tell me, what's become of CTU", and then taking a swig from his Cubs mug.

BonoManiac said:
It would have been a lot more interesting to see the Jack/Audrey storyline take place in.....China. This season never should have been set in the US in the first place.

Amen to that. I think most fans were anticipating a season not based in LA, but I guess the writers love LA.

I am sick of LA. Let them blow it up. Why is LA so important. I would think NY would be a more valuable target??

BonoManiac said:
It would have been a lot more interesting to see the Jack/Audrey storyline take place in.....China. This season never should have been set in the US in the first place.

:up:

24 Changes for Next Season.

Changes for 24?

Producer hints at a possible new direction for season 7.

by Eric Goldman

May 1, 2007 - Now in its sixth season, 24 is going through a bit of a turbulent time. Last year the show was going strong in every way conceivable, with better reviews than ever for its fifth season, coupled with record ratings. To top it all off, the show won its first major Emmys, both for Best Drama and for Best Actor for lead actor Kiefer Sutherland. However, this season, the consensus from many fans and critics is that the show is not nearly as strong as it has been in the past, with many complaints that plotlines have gotten too silly or predictable. On top of that, though the show still does well, the ratings are down.

In a new interview in the LA Times, Howard Gordon, one of 24's executive producers, acknowledges the issues the show is having, and hints that changes may be in store for next season. Gordon tells the Times, "It hurts to hear the criticism. I don't dispute it's been a challenging season to write for us. But it's reinvigorated our determination to reinvent the show. This year could be seen to be the last iteration of it in its current state."

Kiefer Sutherland in 24 Any details on what a new "iteration" may be for 24 were not something Gordon could reveal, though he joked, ""It won't be a musical or a half-hour," before adding, "I've got a couple ideas, none of which I could even begin to share responsibly." Fans worried that perhaps the show might replace Sutherland's Jack Bauer with another lead character should seek solace knowing that Sutherland signed a huge deal last year, keeping him with 24 through season 8.

Last year there had been some speculation that season 6 might move 24 out of the Los Angeles setting it's had since the beginning, but that proved to not be the case. It's possible that a change in location may be one of the ideas Gordon has in mind for season 7, but for now fans are left to speculate. Whatever the possible changes might be for season 7, Gordon assured The LA Times that, "Certain tropes of the show will remain the same. It'll keep its contract with the audience

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Damnit, I was really looking forward to 24: The Musical.

Guess I'll have to wait until things get really bad, eh?

Buffy-level bad.

Phanan's right about the even-numbered seasons, but 2 is still pretty badass. George Mason flying the plane with the nuke on it? Come on, that's amazing.

It's exactly like the Odd Numbered Star Trek movies, except III is a good movie.

Back
Top Bottom