(10-17-2002) U2's The Edge Says Who Can Continue In Any Manner It Pleases - LAUNCH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://launch.yahoo.com/

NEWS - U2's The Edge Says The Who Can Continue In Any Manner It Pleases

(10/17/02, 12 p.m. ET) -- Count U2 guitarist the Edge among those who think that Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey should be able to continue working together.

Townshend's recent post on his website (petetownshend.com) saying that he wants to continue writing and recording with Daltrey--but not necessarily as the Who--has resurrected the debate about whether the two men should have continued on after the death of bassist John Entwistle. Townshend and Daltrey surprised the music world by kicking off their summer North American outing just a few days after Entwistle's June 27 death in his Las Vegas hotel room.

Most musicians' comments have been supportive of their decision, and weighing in on that side now is the Edge, who tells LAUNCH that he feels Townshend and Daltrey have the right to continue in any manner they wish. "I think if it works for them, if they really think it's still happening, then I'm certainly not gonna second-guess them. And I'm sure, knowing them, that they really did feel that it was the right thing to do. I think it's valid. It's not the same band, but they continued when they lost Keith (Moon), so why not?"

U2 bassist Adam Clayton inducted the Who into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame on January 17, 1990.

-- Gary Graff, Detroit

Back
Top Bottom