(05-28-2004) Bono Takes U2 on a Carriage Ride - Showbiz Ireland*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://www.showbizireland.com/images/stars/bono-horse-cart-1.jpg[/SIMG]
Bono Takes U2 on a Carriage Ride...

What a bizarre town we live in - last night revellers on the streets of Dublin were treated to the spectacle on Bono and the other U2 boys taking a midnight carriage ride...

It's a very rare sight to see big name celebrities out on the town in any city without bodyguards and security around the block. But try telling Bono and the rest of the U2 Boys that they can't have the craic in their own home town.

bono-horse-cart-1.jpg

Bono takes a Carriage Ride

bono-horse-cart-2.jpg

Larry Mullen enters Lillies

Last night ShowBiz Ireland spotted the U2 boys hopping into two horse-drawn-carriages full of giggling girlies to take them from a party in Eden restaurant in Temple Bar to their favourite watering hole Lillies Bordello.

bono-horse-cart-3.jpg

The Edge leaves Eden

Well, when we say all the U2 boys The Edge and Adam Clayton left the party in Eden early. Hard-core drinking buddies Bono and Larry Mullen swept a bunch of their friends off into the night by horse-and-cart.

bono-horse-cart-4.jpg

Bono's Carriage Ride

Most people on the party-hard streets of Dublin could hardly believe their eye's to see these global rock-Gods trotting down Dame Street without a care in the world.

bono-horse-cart-5.jpg

Bono's Carriage Ride

http://www.showbizireland.com/news/may04/28-u2164.shtml

Wonder who rode the horses, and were they tame!
All looks good to me.

Boy! They love to make risky moves.First, meetings fans outside the studio.Everytime i see those pics,i always say to myself,"One of these days,another Mark Chapman will come along".And now,late nigth outting without bodyguards...

Maybe there's no danger at all.But It just strike me though,that they may be too easy to access,physicaly.

They should be more careful and Remember what happen to John Lenon.

Nah. Bodyguards schmoddyguard (yeah, it's a real word..). Never stop a Chapman I'm afraid and I can't see these guys stopping living life to the full.

It's the car rides he gives people that worry me most. :yikes: I'm happy for the fans that get them and I'd love to have one myself someday, but really he should stop doing that. NOBODY, not me or you or anyone else, should give a strange person off the street a ride. It's too dangerous and all kinds of bad things could happen. The potential for carjacking, robbery or kidnapping is always a threat, and for someone of Bono's financial status it is even higher:|

I'm so ashamed. PLEBA is really slackin' off :eek: this is the second time in a week the news forum beat us to new band member pics. We usually have them first. Guess we'd better pick up the pace! ;)

Last edited:
YEAH! That makes me happy, they are still as cute as ever! :wink: :) Bono even said somewhere that you have less fun with bodyguards.

HelloAngel said:
I think Bono is becoming more handsome by the day.. just like David Bowie. :heart:

Ladies!Ladies!,please,get a hold on yourself.Mind you,i'm not into man,but does his frickles under his left eye makes him an handsome dude?:wink:

Is it just me or does Edge have a "busted!" look on his face :laugh:

:hmm: U2 frolicking around with girlies...perhaps they finished the album?

*edit* I think it's great they can do such a thing without bodyguards :up:

Last edited:
Well of course he's handsome :flirt: :eek: :love: but I wanted to save that kind of talk for PLEBA :sexywink:

I think they were just having a night off (remember them going on about late nights in the studio):yawn: resting themselves, keeping hold of reality, especially Bono doing the album and travelling all over the shop meeting with politicians about this and that, tiring work. Its just great to see them out and about, even though it could of turned sour - without bodyguards.

biff said:

He's probably sick of people constantly going on about his hair.:wink:

I was thinking that too. Poor guy, we can't have ANY news story here on ANY subject that some jerk doesn't come in and make some insulting remark about his hair. :sigh: Sometimes I think they do it just to get a rise out of PLEBAns (which is why we don't even dignify their comments with responses anymore :wink: ) Bono's hair :up: :love:

Close behind the hair in tiresome comments are 'old' 'tired' or 'looks tired' to cover up that they really mean 'looks old.' Poor Bono, I think he's gorgeous :hug: :combust:

Last edited:
It was said in a ROLLING STONE issue a couple years back, with Bono on the cover and it was calld "THE 10 ROCK COMMANDMENTS" according to Bono, or something like that. In that article, one of the rules was never to have bodygaurds. So there it is, I like it about him, it shows how personal and open he is to his fans. Although it can be dangerous...

RademR said:
It was said in a ROLLING STONE issue a couple years back, with Bono on the cover and it was calld "THE 10 ROCK COMMANDMENTS" according to Bono, or something like that. In that article, one of the rules was never to have bodygaurds. So there it is, I like it about him, it shows how personal and open he is to his fans. Although it can be dangerous...

No bodyguards huh? Then who is that big bald guy John Samson who was always shadowing Bono throughout the Elevation tour?

seajewel said:
Why can't I see these pictures????? :sad: Am I the only one????

HI! I think Showbiz Ireland is down at the moment - which is where we are taking the pictures from. Hopefully they'll come back up soon! :wave:

Oh, that explains it! I've clicked on links from several sites and none of them work. :(

I hope this means the album is done! Me want! :drool:

Back
Top Bottom