Your assignment...should you choose to accept it....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am just going to the show wrapped in twinkling christmas lights...........and a flashing "BONO" sign

I really don't know what kind of sign to make; I have a lot of ideas...I am thinking one with some kind of thank you for all these years, but then I also have thought one with some sort of obscure song lyric to show dedication and hint at the idea of bringing me up on stage? But then I think if I "ask for that" so to speak, it might be a turn off and that would be less likely to happen? So yeah, I really don't know

"Take this mouth, give it a kiss", or have something about how All because of U2 there are PLEBAs. I am not very good at coming up with ideas....maybe I'll have a brainstorm!

Has anyone on here been brought up on stage? Surely there must be someone. What kind of stuff did their sign say, lol...what kinds of signs does Bono like!?!

"Bring me on stage and I can die happy" maybe too desperate

but damn, I am desperate and it's true

"Bono...MADE YOU LOOK"
"I HAVE A BOMB"...(just to get noticed and probably kicked out)
" KISS ME I'M IRISH"
....I still like my christmas light idea

Dismantled...I like your Christmas lights idea too. Two questions: 1) Where would you get your power source to light the lights from? :eyebrow:
2) Are you a newbie or is this screename an alter? Just wanted to say "Hi" and welcome to the fam if you're new. :heart:

Yeah but he would at least look at me again.......I am so ashamed of myself.........I was in the Heart at the Albany show.....Bono made eye contact with me.....I freaked out!!! Has anyone experieced this! I freaked out and looked away......I was afraid I would throw up on him if I looked at him....WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME! I will never get over the fact that I looked away....................but I am sure I would be remembered if I vomited all over him......he is so sweet he would probably not care and feel bad for me. I am a sick sick person.....

Yeah, you definitely freak out. I'm just thankful he had his glasses on...I would have had to go to a hospital if he'd looked at me with naked eyes. :drool: That's when I became convinced that he wears those glasses to protect us fragile Bonolovers from those super baby blues.

lauren430 said:
But then I think if I "ask for that" so to speak, it might be a turn off and that would be less likely to happen? So yeah, I really don't know

I forget exactly how he said it, but someone made a sign and he said something like "it pays to advertise" or something. Well, yeah, that and the local radio station set the whole thing up (it was in LA and there was a guitar player in an all-girl U2 band asking to come on stage and play - holy crap it was awesome. Bono told her afterwards, "If Edge ever calls in sick, I know who to call!").

But honestly, I think they enjoy reading the signs people bring, and you just never know. That's the fun of it!

Lemon Grrrrrl said:

I forget exactly how he said it, but someone made a sign and he said something like "it pays to advertise" or something.

But honestly, I think they enjoy reading the signs people bring, and you just never know. That's the fun of it!

Yeah I read that too. I guess it all depends on B-man's mood....

starsgoblue said:
If I got caught in the crossfire of those icy blue eyes, I'd probably freak out too!

Yeah he didn't have his glasses on either.....his eyes are so icy too.....ahhhhhhhhh:drool: It was like looking at something amazing.....I don't know how to put it.....I just couldn't believe he was actually looking at me

If the rumored tour dates for NC that I saw in another thread today pan out, they'll be in either Charlotte or Chapel Hill the day of or the day after my birthday (Mar 9/10).... If that turns out to be true, screw being cutesy & original & creative, LOL!!! :wink:
I'm gonna' go for just straight-out BEGGING!!! Thusly:

Bono - so help me GOD, it's my birthday!! Please dance with me!!

Whatta' ya' think? Desperate enough? Needy enough? :lmao:

Last edited:
We are sad. BUT in our defense...I'm feeling more 'desperate' this year because we don't know how long they are going to tour after this one....I'm not saying I think this is IT but with every passing tour oppurtunities are lost. Sorry, not trying to be a downer but the thought has crossed my mind....besides the man drives me bonkers!

that thought has crossed my mind many times, you're not alone....really I think we all know, this is the last BIG tour

Stars, that's EXACTLY why I feel sooooooo desperate this tour. :ohmy:

You & I are going to have to team up at the Charlotte &/or Chapel Hill gig & have our Manifest Destiny!!! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom