Why do U2 treat their fans with so much respect?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2sangel

War Child
21 Duke Street Dublin eating a gorgonzola sandwich
I was having a talk with a friend today and she was moaning about a negative article about a band(won't say who they are) she likes and there were saying blase things about their fans,and as she was telling me this I was thinking to myself U2 would never say stuff like that or think it they have too much respect for us!Let the Pleba girls answer this why do you all think u2 has this respect when other bands don't seem too?

Yeah, I've heard Bono say many times in concert "Thanks for spending your hard earned cash on a rock show!" He also realizes that they are blessed to be able to do what they do. In numerous interviews I've heard each member of the band really thank the fans for being there and supporting them. They thank us because we, not only pay money for their art, but also support them by helping the world. It sounds silly, but I truly believe U2 fans are more conscious of the world around them and do a lot for their communities. U2 fans are also very generous with each other as a result of their love for the band. Example: Interference. This board is an incredible example of the literally thousands of fans who are all willing to help each other in any way they can. If I was in their position, I would think that was something really special. That bond between band and fans, but more importantly, the bond between fellow fans is really special in the U2 community.

They definitely know what's going on in their fan community and I think that's the reason they think we're so wonderful. And knowing that they appreciate what I contribute to them is part of the reason I'm a U2 fan. You just don't get that with a lot of other bands.

I basically agree with what everyone has said about this--they know they wouldn't be rock stars without us. I've heard about other rock stars who aren't aware of this also, won't say who it is, but I've heard really awful stories about rude rock stars. They come from ordinary backgrounds and I don't think they've forgotten this either. Basically, they really feel the relationship with their fans in a way that others haven't. It's a wonderful thing.:hug: :hug: :bow: :heart:

The real question is why aren't many other bands respectful of their fans? I think that's the least we deserve, but only a handful of bands seem to realize that.

flaming june said:
The real question is why aren't many other bands respectful of their fans? I think that's the least we deserve, but only a handful of bands seem to realize that.
:yes:

most bands don't seem to realize that without the fans, they'd have no career, and would still be playing small gigs in dirty clubs. it's the least they can do to sign a couple autographs after a gig to the fan who's spent well over $1,000 on their stuff.

Back
Top Bottom