What?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessicaAnn

ONE love, blood, life
I was looking though a "This Day in Entertainment History" kind of thing on a news web site.

In 1996, Jamaican authorities opened fire on Jimmy Buffett's seaplane, mistaking it for a drug trafficker's plane. U2 singer Bono was with Buffett, but neither was hurt.

I don't remember this ... very scary!!!

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

[This message has been edited by JessicaAnn (edited 01-09-2002).]

Huh???? I wonder if it's true... I don't know why it wouldn't be though. Wow.

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

That incident did happen...i remember reading it under 'U2 facts' during the MuchMusic special that aired last May.

------------------
Love don't need to find a way
You find your own way
I forget that I can't stay
And so I say that
All roads lead to where you are
All roads lead to where you are
~ Love Comes Tumbling

*+*MaRiA*+*
She is the dreamer....she's imagination

I remember that...some guys told me when I showed up at school (everybody knows I love U2, but they always loved to rag on me about it). They had the story a bit wrong though, and they told me Bono's plane had been shot down. I started to freak out, but then I remembered the source of this info, so I went and found out the real story.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

wow! that's so odd. they are the last two people i'd expect to see together! lmao!

...yea that definately was NOT the point of this

------------------
~Julie*
ScottPhisto's Shampoo Girl

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEE!"

Originally posted by FallDownJulie:
wow! that's so odd. they are the last two people i'd expect to see together! lmao!

...yea that definately was NOT the point of this

LOL @Julie...*imagines Bono and Jimmy wastin' away again in Margaritaville...*

But ACK! how scary is this bit of info!

------------------
And your earth moves beneath
Your own dream landscape

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

So who's Jimmy Buffett?
confused.gif

Originally posted by Ana:
So who's Jimmy Buffett?
confused.gif

He's a singer/beach bum. He sings the songs "Margaritaville" and "Cheeseburger in Paradise." His fans are called Parrotheads.

Just do a yahoo search for "Jimmy Buffett" and you'll learn all you need to know.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Back
Top Bottom