Wait a minute... about the other post on questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueGALchick

The Fly
Orignal Post by Flaming June: Seriously now, I've always wanted to talk to them in depth about the dark times pre Achtung Baby era. I don't know if I would dare to ask them if I had the chance, but I've always wanted to know all the details about that period :shrug:

I agree with you. Wait... are you talking about the AFFAIR Bono had, and how he ain't got none at home from Ali BECAUSE of it. (at the time) She was mad at him at the time, saying that she'd rather him stay at the Clarence hotel as apposed to his own home "so he wouldn't confuse the kids". (read the Flannagan book, when Bono insinuates his guilt on having those affair(S))

He did the wrong thing after The Joshua Tree skyrocketed, and female fans everywhere knew him, and wanted him. (I don't blame him) That explains the controversy and FIGHTS Bono and Ali were having during that time. Obviously, she was mad at him.

ANd the person who posted on questioning Ali's spiritual beliefs. I think she's a VERY FORGIVING PERSON if you ask me. Very
self-less person, and I respect that.

No one's perfect, and neither is Bono. Sometimes we forget that he's a human being too! :shrug:

I wouldn't have the guts to ask anyone on their private lives as well. :wave:

Last edited:
I think she rather means the troubles within the band

it is not always about the lil scandal thingies people love that much

guess if we'll continue to talk about Bono private live teh therad will be closed anyways.. so I can as well state my opinion on something that has bothering me a lot

why is it always.. "he is just a normal person whatsoever?"
Seriously.. Bono/celebrity/normal or not... when I found out my Dad had an affair with some other woman (they ran off later anyways) I was pissed beyond any measures.. (don't care if he had cancer and they say people who have it sometimes act irrational).. he is dead now and I am not holding grudges against him.. I remember the good days and have loving memories of him (yeah he was agood father.. before that)... but I am also still pissed in a way

and there is NO excuse for any partner (especially parent!) to be unfaithfull (not only to his/ her wife/ husabnd but in family case also kids)
sure it can happen, but there is NO excuse!
I think it also has to do with personal strength to withstand a temptation. If feelings reall ychange for good and someone else steps into yomeone's live.. ok can't be helped. But just those affairs where they know they won't leave their spouses anyways and just enjoy it for the sake of... dunno.. personal individuality, is seriously selfish I think
Once you really commit yourself to someone and your family, it can be expected that you stick to it, and not throw it away for a lil adventure... even if it is hard.

of course they are human.. but it HURTS a :censored: great deal...
it has nothing to do with the fact that someone is a celeb or not

thanks

Last edited:
Okay...a couple points first.

#1. Please keep all conversation about a topic in that thread. New threads started will most likely just be merged in anyway.

#2. As stated in the FAQ:

"Posting about the bands' private life, questioning their marriages or sexuality is not allowed."

That includes speculating on whether or not band members have had affairs. It is none of our business if they did or didn't.

Therefore, instead of merging this with the original thread, I am closing it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom