This Aint a Love Song pt 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edge's girl

Acrobat
This a sequel to my fic “Opening Act” so read that one first or this one wont make any sense at all.

Disclaimer: simply a product of my overactive imagination

Daryl is lying on his stomach on the other bed in the room penning the lyrics to his latest song. I’m trying to organize the tour itinerary for the next couple of weeks without much success.

“How does this sound?” Daryl asks abruptly. “Now every time I close my eyes, I can’t help but see your face, no matter how much time has passed, you’re the one my mine wont erase.”

I take a moment to savour Daryl’s singing, he’s one of the few people I know who can sing perfectly at just about any occasion. “Sounds good to me.”

“It goes with the guitar part I was working on earlier,” he explains. “I’ve kind of had this idea bouncing around my head all day so I’m taking some time to work it out now.”

“Instead of going and getting pissed drunk with the others,” I add with a wiry grin.

He grins back. “Looks that way don’t it.”

We work in silence for a while longer before Daryl suddenly gets up to grab his battered acoustic guitar. Sitting back down he strums it while singing to himself under his breath. After a few minutes he puts the guitar down and resumes his furious scribbling in his notebook while humming to himself.

I continue my work quietly with improving success.

Suddenly there’s pounding in the hall and the door bangs open with Seb tumbling through closely followed by Alex and Ryan. They narrowly avoid ending up in a heap on the floor and sprint over to me with a sour look on their faces.

“Bad news,” says Seb waving what I recognise to be a tabloid paper.

I scowl as I take it from him, tabloids hardly ever represent good news in my experience and I don’t think that will change any time soon.

The paper is already open to the article in question where the headline reads “The Truth About The Edge’s Relationship With His Fiancé”. My scowl deepens and I quickly scan the short article:

“Not only did [Troubled Offspring manager] Beth Vickers manage to secure one of rocks biggest stars but the rock star that she had a teenage crush on back in high school. ‘Her room was covered in picture of him for years,’ says Vickers mother. ‘It was something I thought she’d grown out of but obviously never did. Then when Troubled Offspring ended up on tour with them she got the chance to date him, ignoring the vast age difference between them.’ There is actually a 12-year age gap between Vickers and The Edge, the former being only 30 while the later is 42. However Vickers seems more then happy to ignore the age difference obviously unable to leave her high school crush behind in high school.”

Crushing the article in my fist I throw it in the direction of the garbage can on the other side of the room.

“I hate her.”

No one has to ask who “her” is, they all know from experience.

Daryl glowers “I suppose it would be too much to ask for her to keep out of our business. Especially when you made it more then clear that you wanted nothing to do with her.”

I snort. “When has my mother ever done anything I want?”

“Well, never.”

Alex sighs pushing his hair back from his face. “Anyways, we saw the article in the bar and thought you’d want to know.”

“We’re going back to drinking now,” Ryan added turning to leave with Alexa ND Seb following.

Meanwhile Daryl is pacing while running a hand through his hair with a thoughtful frown on his face.

“What?” I ask knowing that look only too well.

He sighs sitting down on the bed across from me and running a hand through his hair in agitation. “You’re going to hate me but I can’t help but think about the effect that this is going to have on the band. Everyone’s going to want to know if you’re with Edge for his money or whatever, especially since your mothers making such a big deal out of it.”

“I know.”

“So what are we going to do?”

“First, I’m phoning Edge to give him a head’s up. Then we’ll go from there.”

Daryl nods still looking agitated and personally I don’t blame him.

That’s all for now, I’m not guaranteeing quick updates on this one because of massive amounts of school work so each part will be posted as I have time to write.

Back
Top Bottom