Things You Didn't Know About Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cg

The Fly
Forgive me if this has already been posted, but there is a great interview on the content section of Interference with Cathleen Falsani. And this question and answer, I think belongs in PLEBA ;)

Q: Is there something you could tell our readers that they don't already know about Bono?

A: I was thinking about this. There are three things: He smells really good. Dolce & Gabbana for men, if I'm not mistaken. He is quite fond of corn-beef hash. And that ring he wears [on his pinky] was given to him by Larry, not Ali, and it's a fish. I thought it was a griffin and told him as much and he was adamant, "No. It's a fish. See?" . . . Bono's forever losing things. This was a few years ago, so we could be on yet another incarnation of the ring, but at that point he'd lost it twice already. If I remember what B said correctly, the first time
Larry gave it to him in yellow gold and he lost it and Larry had it remade in white gold and Bono lost that one, too, and now he's on to platinum, I think. If memory serves, it looks kind of like a koi
wrapped around itself.

interview is here : http://www.interference.com/stories/id162853.html

:cute:!!!!......Larry gave him a ring??...and twice to boot!!!!AWESOME...but not awesome that Bono keeps losing the ring:rolleyes: What a great friendship these men have!!!!!

D&G huh???gotta go check it out 2morrow at the dept store:hmm:

Last edited:
I thought this thread would involve him dressing up in womens' clothing sekretly or something.

I already knew he smelt good, I've had first hand whiff of said cologne! :drool: And that he's always losing stuff doesn't surprise me at all!! :lol:

But that story about his pinky ring is a new one on me!!! :ohmy:

What's corn-beef hash?!? :scratch:

^ Quite yummy with mustard in a sandwich, or good with eggs for breakfast. :yes: I practically lived on that when I was a youngin'.

0003760031892_LG.jpg

Last edited:
hahah =) i love the fact that he's a child chess prodigy<3

can someone post a picture of this ring? or maybe even Bono wearing the ring? ;] thanks!

:love: wow, the ring question FINALLY answered!

corned beef hash doesn't look very good to me either.... :yikes:

:shifty:

but if he makes it for dinner, who am I to say no? :wink:

:love:

Was there anything that surprised you about your interview with Bono?

Everything, in good ways. The first time, when I knew I was going to be talking to him and spending this time with him on the road, I was absolutely terrified. Not that I was worried about me, I was worried that he would be a jerk or something and that I would be crushed. I was so concerned that he wouldn't be what everyone expects him to be in those good ways. Thank you Jesus, he was better in every way and more delightful and more loving and more generous of spirit and smarter and funnier and naughtier and more profound and more deeply faithful than I could have wished him to be, and it was wonderful spending time with him. Life changing for me in some ways, because he is a very challenging person to be around in terms what it really means to be a faithful follower of Christ. I think I say somewhere in the book that he makes me want to be better in lots of different ways, to do more. He's just that kind of guy. He's not like Yoda or anything. There's a difference between my experience with Bono, who's incredibly profound in his wonderfully profane way, and Elie Wiesel. There's a difference there. Elie Wiesel is Yoda; Bono, not so much. They had equally transformative effects on my life and I am blessed deeply to know both of them, even as little as I do.

MooMoo! said:
You get it in a TIN over there?! And have it fro brekkie?!?! :ohmy:

:barf:

Fresh :up:

Everything's in a TIN over here. (We call it a can.) Except lettuce. But I'm sure they're working on canning that too! I wouldn't have a clue how to make it from scratch. At least I'm not as bad as a girl I used to work with...she thought mashed potatoes came out of a box. She was confused when she saw her grandmother peeling potatoes and told her, "that's not where mashed potatoes come from...you buy them in the box!" :laugh:
Note it's a "Value Size!"
34777%3B384%7Ffp348%3Enu%3D3234%3E3%3B2%3E536%3EWSNRCG%3D32339%3B%3B43549%3Anu0mrj

And don't knock hash til ya try it for breakfast!!!! :hyper: (Course it was a long time ago that I had it, it'd probably taste terrible to me now!)

The text that came with that hash picture...
Mary Kitchen Select Corned Beef Hash is a great source for breakfast protein. Corned Beef Hash is great with biscuits and gravy, for egg dishes, breakfast burritos, breakfast pizza topping or topped with fried or poached eggs. Our 108 oz. can is ideal for restaurants, churches, schools and other foodservice applications.

Lemon Grrrrrl said:

Everything's in a TIN over here. (We call it a can.) Except lettuce. But I'm sure they're working on canning that too! I wouldn't have a clue how to make it from scratch. At least I'm not as bad as a girl I used to work with...she thought mashed potatoes came out of a box. She was confused when she saw her grandmother peeling potatoes and told her, "that's not where mashed potatoes come from...you buy them in the box!" :laugh:
Note it's a "Value Size!"

And don't knock hash til ya try it for breakfast!!!! :hyper: (Course it was a long time ago that I had it, it'd probably taste terrible to me now!)

The text that came with that hash picture...

My mother used to serve that for dinner once in a blue moon...those were the only times I wouldn't eat my dinner - HATED it. Very few things I hate in life more than corned beef hash. ROAST beef hash on the other hand - now that was yummy. Not from a can though, Stouffer's frozen is the way to go... :)

Pop Artist said:

My mother used to serve that for dinner once in a blue moon...those were the only times I wouldn't eat my dinner - HATED it.

Oh c'mon - it kept the shape of the can and made that lovely 'squish' noise as you shook it out, how could you not like it??? :wink:

It totally looks like dog food!!!!

BonoFox1 said:
^^off topic...I love your sig PopArtist..BONO-LULU!!! *YAY*...Im so there!!!!!!!!:dance:

*shoots jealous darts at BonoFox*

I am taking every ounce of self-control I have and not going to Bono-lulu (Great name Pop!!! :up: ). I didn't see the article on Interf home page about tix going on sale on Saturday. I didn't see it, I tell ya. I have no clue they're going on sale at 9am HST. :banghead:

Mr. LG's going to kill me. I wanna go soooooooooooo bad!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I could go too :( Just doesn't work for me this time around.... I envy you all that are going! Luckies! :drool:

That really is sweet that Larry was the one who gave Bono the ring. Seems completely of character for Larry :wink: Just always assumed that Ali was the one behind it. Oh and corned beef hash is good,lol.

Btw Lemon I completely understand your pain with what you are going through with your guy. Whenever I bring up Hawaii I just keep getting told "Im sorry" :sad:

BonosBaby12 said:
Btw Lemon I completely understand your pain with what you are going through with your guy. Whenever I bring up Hawaii I just keep getting told "Im sorry" :sad:

I can totally relate! Hubby tells me the same thing! wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! I wannaaaaaaaaaaaa gooooooooooooooooo tooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

U2Fanatic4ever said:

I can totally relate! Hubby tells me the same thing! wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! I wannaaaaaaaaaaaa gooooooooooooooooo tooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

:hug: oh only if our guys would realize that this concert is one that shouldn't be missed

So I’m wondering how has he held on to the Crucifix the Pope gave him this long without losing it, especially considering he will sometimes leave it on to mic stand at the end of a concert.

Back
Top Bottom