The story behind your name!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AdamsMango

War Child
Freer than a bird 'Cause we're rockin' Ohio
Here is the story behind mine! :)

334%3A466%3B23232%7Ffp34%3Dot%3E2327%3D3%3A%3C%3D%3C8%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C3%3B89844ot1lsi

:lol: I love chris kattan (Mango on SNL) and I love adam. And I think calling myself mango is cute! hehe. I know pic pic there is crappy..lol I did it in like 3 sec

uh.....i wanted to use a title of a song.....and i thought and thought....and i chose

<--this one

that and i call that song the "accent song" cause they actually still sound irish there, and i have a thing with accents.....and i thought if i used "partygirl" people might think i was like that and i'm totally not.....:angel:...so yeah

When I knew nothing about the Internet, a friend set up an email account for me, and he picked out a username for me. My name was Menomineechick (Menominee is my hometown). When I learned more about the Internet and stuff, I decided to get a different email account with a better username. I figured Bono would be taken for everything, so I kept the chick part and just switched Menominee with Bono...Bonochick. :)

To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly and compassionately with one another and to preserve and cherish that pale blue dot, the only home we?ve ever known

wow....mine seems so dumb now :D.....that's cool, although i was too lazy to actually read it....i skimmed for the word "dot" :D

Stories for Boys said:

wow....mine seems so dumb now :D.....that's cool, although i was too lazy to actually read it....i skimmed for the word "dot" :D

Heh heh, yeah. Mine's so deep, you could swim in it! ::cracks herself up:: :lol:

Dot.

Well I think my screen name is pretty self explainatory. It expresses my love for a certain sexy Irish drummer :D. It started as my aol screen name and then I started using it for a lot of other things. The funny thing is that when I use it in non-u2 specific things such as aol people don't know who Larry Mullen is and end up asking if he's my boyfriend or something (I wish!)
btw I love your sig. Palebluedot! Next time my roomate calls me obsessed I will just explain to her that I'm *focused* :lol:

I like being called Lara instead of Laura

I like Mr Mullen

Voila! :D

Well I like Daises, and I have been told by everyone that I am somehow evil, hence the phisto

Dot, that was really interesting, if somewhat frightening.

She is Flaming June by Frederick Lord Leighton:

334%3A488723232%7Ffp35%3Dot%3E2327%3D366%3D%3C49%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C3%3B98964ot1lsi

One of my favorite paintings. The original is at a museum in my country (Puerto Rico). I just found out that there is also a song by that name, but I haven't checked it out yet. So there. :)

Mmmmh, I like the expression of stars falling from the sky and it is very often used in U2 songs. Actually it is a dumb name, but I use it also at eBay and other things. Somehow it sounds like something wornderful being destroyed at once and you don't know if it was the star's own fault or somebody different's - ah, forget that last part, rubbish....... :rolleyes:

flaming june said:

She is Flaming June by Frederick Lord Leighton

One of my favorite paintings. The original is at a museum in my country (Puerto Rico). I just found out that there is also a song by that name, but I haven't checked it out yet. So there. :)

I'v wondered what your name meant! now we know.

Mine is as well pretty self explanatory.....my infatuation with Larry is almost scary :wink: the first time i used it was when i found out about alt.fan.u2,i went in there to post..and needed a name pronto! so thinking of Larry,voila! of course i don't go there anymore..but the name stuck!

i don't know if anyone ever noticed before, but every once in awhile you can come across a picture of :edge: smiling and he has cute little bunny teeth. me and the edge girls at elevation-tour.com thought it was so cute we named ourselved after the phenomenom. lol. all the edge girls there are bunnies and the bono girls are hunnies. :yes:

p.s. Flaming June, i always wondered about your name! what a beautiful painting :)

lmao. ok i'm a total jackass. i was thinking of my aol name and not this one. :lol: whooooo 11 hours of sleep will do this to you. :huh:
i think anyone that watched the grammies (2000) knows what this name means. lol.

femaleorgazmatron said:
i don't know if anyone ever noticed before, but every once in awhile you can come across a picture of :edge: smiling and he has cute little bunny teeth. me and the edge girls at elevation-tour.com thought it was so cute we named ourselved after the phenomenom. lol. all the edge girls there are bunnies and the bono girls are hunnies. :yes:

p.s. Flaming June, i always wondered about your name! what a beautiful painting :)

Thanks!

I didn't watch the 2000 Grammy awards when they first aired, but I watched a recording a few days ago, Edge was so funny!:lol:

When my friends and myself were about starting our onlije gaming magazine, everybody started thinkin about a ninckname. I LOVED U2 that time also, so I decided, my name will U2ish somehow. Well, I should have choose Bono, Fly, Macphisto, Edge... but these aren't so creative :) I was lookin for something more interesting, which sound even good, and u can also use in yer real life (which I do actually)

And than came LEMON. But after I wanted to do a freemail account somewhere, I saw LEMON was already taken. That's why I put MR over there. And why that big M capital in the middle. Well, it looks like a French word now, and sound funny if you spell the word like that :)

Nowdays everybody calls me Lemon, because of my U2 tribute band, even my mother calls me... I left the MR thing and use VOX after the Lemon on the net, if I just cant register my name simply Lemon... bah

Tragic

Ballykissangel is a BBC-Northern Ireland t.v. show, which was cancelled last year. It's sort of a soap, takes place in a fictional Irish town, Ballykissangel, which is south of Dublin. The real town it is filmed in is Avoca. Re-runs are still being shown in the states, I first saw it when I visited Ireland last year. I mostly watch it because it brings back wonderful visual memories of Ireland.

I love U2, and I llove cats! I thought about "love kitten" or "Bono's kitten" but that was lame. My cat had kittens in a box right next to my computer right before I signed up last summer, so kittens were sitting there mewing all the time. I am the U2Kitten. She had another batch this summer, and they look almost exactly like the ones in my sig.:)

In about June 2001 (before I joined or even knew what Interference was) I was thinking I should get a U2 alias.. and I had Elevation stuck in my head. "A mole digging in a hole" and the title were combined. I don't really like the name, because everyone calls me "mole" and such, but .. yeah. :p

ballykissangel said:
Ballykissangel is a BBC-Northern Ireland t.v. show, which was cancelled last year. It's sort of a soap, takes place in a fictional Irish town, Ballykissangel, which is south of Dublin. The real town it is filmed in is Avoca. Re-runs are still being shown in the states, I first saw it when I visited Ireland last year. I mostly watch it because it brings back wonderful visual memories of Ireland.

I've caught that show on BBC america a couple of times..it's pretty cool actually! :)

flaming june said:

She is Flaming June by Frederick Lord Leighton:

334%3A488723232%7Ffp35%3Dot%3E2327%3D366%3D%3C49%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C3%3B98964ot1lsi

flaming june, I love that painting! I have a magnet of it at home on my refrigerator, and I have a bookmarker of it that I bought at the bookstore. :yes:

and in case y'all were wondering:

ABEL = Adam - Bono - Edge - Larry

at the time I signed up it was the only thing I could think of that I liked the sound of and tried to be original with the letters. I didn't want to sound too much like PLEBA :eeklaugh:

Last edited:
It's a play off the religious imagery of the Madonna and child. I am the child. Except, my Madonna is the Material Girl. I'm quite the fan.

Well, my name is pretty obvious. At the time that I joined interference I was just really getting into U2, and I had just found out about the PopMart lemon. I thought it was really funny, so I chose it as my name. Now I wish I had picked something less dumb, but it's too late now. :) :lemon:

My high school history teacher had this trivia game called "Remote Control" that he would make us play to brush up on stuff before tests. (Sounds lame, but was quite fun!) He would announce all of the student contestants like a boxing announcer and would make up silly things to go with their names. He dubbed me kariatari because Atari rhymes with my first name, Kari. He's also called me Kari Kalihari Desert Woman, but that's a bit to long for a screen name. ;)

madonna's child, why did you replace your Madonna avatar?! That was one of my fav avatars on here! :(

Back
Top Bottom