The PLEBA T-shirt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
Are there any serious plans to make PLEBA T-shirts? I mean, that *would* be kinda cool, as one of those inside joke sort of things. I'd buy one. Maybe someone is interested in trying to plan it...we could sell them for a litlle over cost and donate the profits to Drop the Debt as an apology to the guys for being "scary."

(See, I *do* read here...just don't post a lot.
wink.gif
)

------------------
Well, the God I believe in isn't short on cash, mister. --Bono

But a day will come
In this dawning age
When an honest man
Sees an honest wage.
--The Edge

We're not allowed. Cause PLEBA is property of Elvis. I mean, technically you could make one and not tell anybody. But don't let it get back to Elvis.

I'm making a U2 shirt though!!! In my desktop publication class we are designing t-shirts. Mine's really cool. In the front it says "shine like a burning star" and it has these cute little stars around it. Then in the back it just says U2, and the text is white and it's inside a blue oval. It's simple but really cool.

------------------
Pink elephants and lemonade.
Dear Jessie, hear the laughter running through the love parade.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers: Emily's Wallpapers

[This message has been edited by madonna's child (edited 05-08-2002).]

I make shirts all the time. Sometimes I wake up and don't have anything clean, so I make a shirt. I like shirts with messages among them:
"I don't care" (formerly my Monday shirt)
and one for Drop the Debt that has the facts on it.

I have a pic of goofy Edge and under it it says: "Be uncool, o yes, be awkward."

I have enough U2 shirts to carry me for close to three weeks actually...some of them with words, some joost pics, some both. Only one of them wasn't made by me. Don't get me wrong, if I saw a U2 shirt somewhere I'd buy it SO fast, but there just aren't any around really...I asked for all the ones from U2.com for graduation/birthday, so hopefully that comes through eh?

------------------
I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel so I learned to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you

*runs to minnesota*
*steals twin's t-shirt supply*
*becomes posh* ( i wish
wink.gif
)

------------------
Official Town Crier of Willyville

Laura: Dad, don't forget that you'll have to take mom home.
Dad: Well, Laura...y'know your mother...she's all that you can't leave behind...

*sings loudly*
"AND I KNOW IT ACHES, AND YOUR CAR IT BREAKS, YOU CAN ONLY TAKE SO MUCH...DRIVE ON"

"Here we are in our 40 ft. lemon. F*@k off!" - Bono

Originally posted by madonna's child:
We're not allowed. Cause PLEBA is property of Elvis. I mean, technically you could make one and not tell anybody. But don't let it get back to Elvis.

I believe a person can make a PLEBA shirt for their own personal use (or as a gift for somebody), but they cannot make a PLEBA shirt and sell it.

I could be wrong though. I'm sure Sicy could clarify.

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

Well, what I'm saying is that if we got Elvis's permission, then the point becomes moot. And I don't see why he wouldn't give it as long as the shirts weren't objectionable.

Winter Halcyon started a CafePress Pleba store... And it was shut down... I don't know what happened... I thought it was great.

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Originally posted by On The Edge:
Winter Halcyon started a CafePress Pleba store... And it was shut down... I don't know what happened... I thought it was great.

I believe the deal was that it wasn't cool to be makin' money off of something that another person created. I believe Elvis had said she could contact him about working something out, but you'd have to ask them personally to get exact info.

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

I think this is a great idea, I have emailed Elvis to ask for his input on the T-shirt idea! I will keep you guys posted!

Fishy <><

------------------
The Macphisto Society
Being Bad Never Looked So Good

With my teeth at your back
And my tongue to tell you the sweetest lies

Originally posted by FishNeedsABicycle:
I think this is a great idea, I have emailed Elvis to ask for his input on the T-shirt idea! I will keep you guys posted!

Fishy <><

Cool! I'd be very interested in the PLEBA shirt.
wink.gif

Originally posted by Bonochick:
I believe the deal was that it wasn't cool to be makin' money off of something that another person created. I believe Elvis had said she could contact him about working something out, but you'd have to ask them personally to get exact info.

Yeah, that's what I mean. We could all make our own at home, but no profit can be made by anybody for using the name (PLEBA).

Thanks, Fishy! We'll keep our fingers crossed...
smile.gif

------------------

But a day will come
In this dawning age
When an honest man
Sees an honest wage.
--The Edge

::nods enthusiastically::

------------------

But a day will come
In this dawning age
When an honest man
Sees an honest wage.
--The Edge

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR THE PLEBA T-SHIRT AND KEEP THIS THREAD NEAR THE TOP!!!
smile.gif

------------------

But a day will come
In this dawning age
When an honest man
Sees an honest wage.
--The Edge

Originally posted by paxetaurora:
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR THE PLEBA T-SHIRT AND KEEP THIS THREAD NEAR THE TOP!!!
smile.gif

*makes buttons*
wink.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Ok girls it looks like the shirts MAY be a possibility...

Deals are being struck, bribes are being passed out, and shirts have vaguely been referenced...

LOL!

I will tell you as soon as I find out more info!!!

In the meantime, lets get a discussion going about what slogans we like, or what should be on said shirt...

------------------
The Macphisto Society

In the meantime, lets get a discussion going about what slogans we like, or what should be on said shirt...

Adam's Willy is out? Or not out? Or not on the t-shirt rather?

"No business like shoe business." jk
wink.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Ok...*ahem*...Adam's willy is indeed out on the AB cover...but it will not be ON the PLEBA shirt...

You guys have to remember that this reflects on Elvis, keep that in mind when throwing out ideas...think...

Self? Would Elvis approve of this picture/shirt...

Of course...what you do with Adam's willy in your own free time is entirely up to you...

Fishy <><

------------------
The Macphisto Society

I was thinking a baby tee sort of thing, maybe just with "Scary Girls" on the front and "PLEBA" on the back. Maybe with an appropriately prurient photograph; maybe Otto could help...?

------------------

But a day will come
In this dawning age
When an honest man
Sees an honest wage.
--The Edge

Originally posted by paxetaurora:
I was thinking a baby tee sort of thing, maybe just with "Scary Girls" on the front and "PLEBA" on the back.

Does that reflect well on Elvis?

------------------
Laura
~~~
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

You guys have to remember that this reflects on Elvis, keep that in mind when throwing out ideas...think...

shoot, there goes my idea
wink.gif

doesn't mean I can't make one though
biggrin.gif

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"I have to concentrate so hard not to fook up." ~Larry

*Note* I am not speaking for Elvis, only expressing my opinion...

I think the "Scary Girls" slogan may have potential...I mean, if those two simple words don't sum us up then I don't know what will...so just play with ideas, post pictures of shirt ideas, have fun with it, just realize that Elvis has the final say!

I personally like Disco's idea...

PLEBA
Be Afraid
Be VERY Afraid

LOL!

smile.gif

Fishy <><

------------------
The Macphisto Society

I think the "Scary Girls" slogan may have potential...I mean, if those two simple words don't sum us up then I don't know what will...so just play with ideas, post pictures of shirt ideas, have fun with it, just realize that Elvis has the final say!

I think I suggested this in another thread:

PLEBA: Bono thinks we're "scary"

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

I wouldn't be proudly promotin' the fact that people think we're scary! *lol* Some people think we SERIOUSLY are scary!

------------------

Bonochick's Place

Originally posted by JessicaAnn:
I think I suggested this in another thread:

PLEBA: Bono thinks we're "scary"

Just adding one word here....

PLEBA: Even Bono thinks we're scary.....

Back
Top Bottom