The "P" word....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

karmic_postmark

Refugee
....procrastination. It can be a truely :evil: thing. It sucks away seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months and well maybe even years from our lives we could have spent doing or saying the things we really should have. Time we can never regain.
Who knew cleaning out ones room/closet could lead to such profound thoughts :laugh:

For the past month I've telling myself I NEED to clear out my clutter infested haven. Every morning I say today is the day......then I start cleaning the rest of the house and forget all about upstairs. That's until my need for some blue :crack: kicks in then I have no choice(my computer is in my room) but to face the fact it's not going to all disappear on it's own. I have so much clothing and not enough space for it. I tried weeding out the clothes I absolutely never wear and the ones I'll never fit in again.The truth hurts but it is a truth I can live with. That still leaves me with items I fit in. Plus alot of my dresses are 1950's vintage so they really are one of a kind. So parting with them is proving to be harder than I thought. Then of course there's the shoes :crazy:
some of which I've never even worn because I bought them right before breaking my ankle/leg in April. :mad: I am overwhelmed :huh:

This is just one of my minor offenses when it comes to procrastinating.

[color=dark red]So I ask you my fellow PLEBAns what have you procrastinated about lately?
[/color]

Ok...this is a major offense procrastination thing...I moved back to Columbus after being in Rhode Island for 14 years. I didn't bother trying to get an Ohio liscense until my RI one expired. The thing was is that my bday falls on a holiday (November 11) so I didn't go to the DMV until the day afterwards. The DMV told me because it was expired (for a whole day!) that I'd need to get a permit. They told me I could take the driving test ASAP but the permit was good for a year. So yep...you guessed it. I procrastinated AGAIN and waited until the day before my bday this year to take the driving test. My papers for my permit were litterally crumbling and the DMV guy had to tape pieces together. So basically two years later...I finally have gotten my Ohio liscense. :huh:

If that's not procrastination I don't know what is. :crack:

Last edited:
I hear you about cleaning up. I'm the messiest person in the world. I procrastinate about everything, moving garbage bags, going to get new garbage bags, hanging up clothes, you name it. It's awful.

I have a 15 page paper that has to include a lit review and some sort of my own case study due on Thursday and I haven't started it yet. I guess that's not really procrastination though since I just turned in a 10 page thing today and have a 25 minute presentation on Monday night.

Next week I have due: an 8 page paper and a 10 page paper on Wednesday, a 10 page paper due Thursday (not 15 like Lies says it is :tongue: ) , and a 5 page paper due Friday, and then at least one exam Saturday. And then exams all the week after that.
I haven't started on any of it but the 5 page paper (which I handed in yesterday saying "take this now or with my luck I'll lose it"), which is actually an accomplishment for me since I always procrastinate and am routinely up until like 8:30 the morning a paper is due writing it.
Of course I'm an idiot and had to get out of the way the paper due the latest, so it doesn't really ease the stress at all. :der:

My middle name is Procrastination.
I still haven't filled out my college application. I waited till last minute to fill out an application for my old job back.
I live in Alaska, where it snowed today and there is glare ice on the roads, and I still don't have studded tires on.
I have a foot of roots, which I need to see my hairstylist for new highlights.
I need to publish my book of poetry. I need to start writing in my autobiography again.
But this can all wait...:wink:

Back
Top Bottom