the guys' houses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono's gates:

3447652723232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2328%3D4%3B6%3D85%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3A453344%3C5ot1lsi

His house from the beach:

3447652723232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2328%3D4%3B6%3D85%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3A45333575ot1lsi

Both taken by me in June. :D

Oooohhhh....I love my pic of me in front of his gates! But it also has some random girl who was with me at the time and I haven't talked to since :|

Locals were standing around laughing at me though so I dragged her into the pic so I would feel less stupid :banghead:

Dulce de Leche said:
Oooohhhh....I love my pic of me in front of his gates! But it also has some random girl who was with me at the time and I haven't talked to since :|

Locals were standing around laughing at me though so I dragged her into the pic so I would feel less stupid :banghead:
Photoshop her out. :evil:

This was a Major Tourist Attraction the day we were there (day of Croke 2) so I'm probably lucky there were no random people in my picture!

Edit: Sorry ARW! :kiss:

I think sometimes people on this forum go too far. i mean the guys houses?? their children??? i know if i was in their shoes i would not be happy to see this kind of stuff on the net. :huh:

Leda said:
I think sometimes people on this forum go too far. i mean the guys houses?? their children??? i know if i was in their shoes i would not be happy to see this kind of stuff on the net. :huh:

Those pictures up there are nothing you can't see if you go there yourself. Therefore the band members apparently don't mind if people see it.

Beats me why someone would ask for it, but maybe they're writing a story or even want to get to know the person better by seeing what style of house they have. :laugh: My mom has even looked up directions to Bono's house on mapquest or something, and is disappointed that I don't want to memorise them in case I'm ever in Ireland.

I guess if something is weird you have a choice to either roll your eyes and return to more grown-up forums, or you can go and beat the dead horse of saying that Plebans are raving mad. If you do the second one you're only going to get preached at by people like me. :p

Leda said:

ah...there's nothing wrong with it. Bono's house is a very well know tourist attraction. Its just curiousity thats all, people like to look at celebrity houses...they have tours in LA of this stuff.

Leda said:

We actually do a pretty good job monitoring ourselves when it comes to pics of the kids. I think it's an unwritten rule here that as far as the kids go, only posed pictures, previously published pictures (like in books or legit magazines), and pics from high-profile events are posted. People will usually get flamed for posting paparazzi pics, or even asking for them.

As for Bono's home, I know there's a tour bus that drives by it everyday so it's not like some secret lair. All the pics I've seen were from far enough away where you can't see in the windows or see any of the ground insides the walls. I can get more detailed pics of my OWN house using Google Earth, freely accessible to anyone on the net.

BONO'ppetit said:
GO THERE YOURSELF??? Like THAT'S acceptable too? :eyebrow:

why not...as long as you don't intrude or do anything illegal. Going inside the gates or snooping around is not ok...but I see nothing wrong with walking by just to see the house....tour busses stop at Bonos, which is kinda weird..but he must not mind.

BONO'ppetit said:
GO THERE YOURSELF??? Like THAT'S acceptable too? :eyebrow:

I'm talking about the pictures of the gates and the view from the beach. I didn't suggest you go farther, like try to hop over the walls or something.

BONO'ppetit said:
A little common sense? A little privacy? A little human decency? A little respect? Shall I go on?

common sense? respect.. no one is breaking any of those rules...its a house..no one is showing anything people cannot see from the street.

I don't see how it's fine to walk past and say "nice house", but if you ask for pictures people took while doing that, than you're a bad person.

I knew it wouldn't be a popular sentiment. But I would ask the same things b'c I wouldn't want people plastering pics of my home all over the internet and I sure as heck wouldn't want people hanging out in front of my house. That's just creepy. They give enough to their fans without this. </end>

BONO'ppetit said:
I knew it wouldn't be a popular sentiment. But I would ask the same things b'c I wouldn't want people plastering pics of my home all over the internet and I sure as heck wouldn't want people hanging out in front of my house. That's just creepy. They give enough to their fans without this. </end>

I agree with you that anyone who hangs out in front of the house all day is creepy...but I don't think there is any harm in looking at a pic. As far as I know I don't think they have asked for the pic's not to be shown, but I could be wrong.

BONO'ppetit said:
A little common sense? A little privacy? A little human decency? A little respect? Shall I go on?

I would say here in Pleba there is a great deal of respect for the boys. Showing a far away pic of a house is hardly intrusive.

And really, cut the drama.
I've eaten enough popcorn while reading the lookalike thread. :tongue:

Usually a home is a place where you can go and rest and I'm pretty sure he's flattered but he probably gets a little bit tired with people constantly trying to hunt him down. He's a person like you or me. He's no more and he's no less.

sprake said:
Usually a home is a place where you can go and rest and I'm pretty sure he's flattered but he probably gets a little bit tired with people constantly trying to hunt him down. He's a person like you or me. He's no more and he's no less.

we are not hunting anyone...just looking at pics out of curiousity.

sprake said:

He's got nice big pretty gates. And quite a bit of property. As long as those passing by are respectful and polite, it probably doesn't bother him in the least.
And as the boys themselves say, Dublin has been good to/for them. :)

Back
Top Bottom