Thanksgiving in the Hewson House

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WildHonee

Mr. MacPhisto's Loo Cleaner
I was gonna put this in the elevation thread, but I don't know how many ppl look in there anymore. I think you just look for the pictures and don't read anything. Lol not that I do that...
biggrin.gif
Anyway...

Originally posted by martha:
I'll say it again: I've always thought that song [Elevation] was about this kind of thing!
(from the Elevated Bono thread)

lol Bono's probably in some corner somewhere crying like me on Bono's wedding day (Yes I was negative 2 years old, so what?
smile.gif
) screaming "NO! THAT'S NOT WHAT IT'S ABOUT! IT'S ABOUT ZIMBABWE!" or something.

Thanksgiving at the Hewson household:

Bono: *takes a bite out of the ginormous turkey*

Ali: Baby, stop that! Let's say grace. Edge, would you like to say grace?

Edge: Eh...grace...it's...well it's the name of a girl. It's also the thought that....changed the world....I believe....Lawrence, help me out here.

Larry: O, dear Lord....thank you for all that you give us...Day by day....day by day...o dear Lord...(lol a 50 lemon prize to whoever can guess what movie I watched last night)

Adam: No, no, no. You've got it all wrong. First, you start with the sign of the cross.

Edge: O, right. In the name of Bono and of Gavin and of the Holy Tamale, Amen.

Bono: *takes another bite out of that turkey*

Ali: Ah, forget it. Larry, what piece would you like?

MullenGirl: LARRY! ASK ME WHAT PIECE I'D LIKE!

Larry: WTF?! Eh...I'll have a thigh.

MullenGirl: I got your thigh right here, Lawrence!

Edge: *Bluuuuuuuush*

Adam: *snicker*

Bono: *twix*

Ali: *Mr. Goodbar*

Larry: WHAT? Did you think I was gonna ask for a drumstick? LISTEN, just because I'm the bloody drummer doesn't mean that-- Oh, wait. It is all about the drums, isn't it? Fine, I'll have a drumstick. Feck it all.

Bono:*chomp* Mmm turkey. *looks at dish* What's THAT?

Ali: That's cranberry sauce.

Bono: No, it's not. *wipes mouth on exceptionally long sleeve*

Ali: I think I know if it's cranberry sauce.

Bono: Yes, but where are the little ridges?

Edge: Do you know about those experiments they did with cranberries this past spring? Well, you see, this farmer one day was--

Ali: Little ridges?

Bono: Yes. And it's supposed to be can-shaped.

Larry: Em...Eh, I think I lost one of me shirt buttons in the gravy...*tries to fish it out*

Bono: Adam, back me up on this one.

Adam: *cardboard Adam is standing in and can't respond*

Bono: Feck. Edge, you know what I'm talking about, right?

Edge: Do you wanna see the Carve-atron 3000? I invented it last night to carve the turkey today. You just pull this thing here, and....

Larry: No, no. I think that's...no, that's not me button. That is NOT a button. What is that? Ali, what--

Ali: So, you don't LIKE my cranberry sauce?

Bono: Well, I mean, I just miss the ridges is all.

Edge: Em....did you like that glass, Ali? Er, Alison?...*blush* Mrs. Hewson? Mrs....Bono? Em...cause I kinda broke it.

Bono: I mean...it'd be nice to give the fellas here a nice homecooked meal once in a while...

Ali: Cranberry sauce shaped like its can is NOT--

Edge: Oh...my. Well. Mrs. Hew-Mrs. Bono. I -- my Carve-atron seems to have been shooting out some sparks, and well....are you really rather attached to that curtain?...and sofa?...and...chair....and carpet? Hm.

Bono: You know what? Let's just change the subject. Sorry, fellas. Sorry, Ali.

Ali: That's OK. I know you like your...special cranberry sauce....

Larry: I think I just ate me button. What do buttons taste like? Ask Gina Marie.

Edge: Um...Mrs...Bono? I really hate to...be such a pest, but, um....did you...need that...room? Cause....man, it's gone...and um...

Bono: Speaking of which (lol, *random*) Has anyone checked out PLEBA lately? I've been far too busy fathering many children and tugging at my sleeves that I haven't had the chance. I also had this sonnet I had to finish...

Edge: Oh, the computer? It's...um..on fire....kinda....

Larry: Bono! The girls have been making fun of your seven pound package there.

Ali: Seven pounds? Where have I been?

Bono: FOAD, Lawrence.

Ali: No, wait...seven pounds? REALLY?...Larry, are you sure?

Larry: Bono, have you been posting there again under false names?

Bono: No! Edge, tell them that--

Edge: What?

Bono: About the 7 pounds...?

Edge: *bluuuuush* O I really wouldn't know...um....

Larry: They've posted, like, a million feckin times all in response to these pictures that--

Ali: Pictures? What pictures?

Larry: Oh, well just some pictures that some fans took of--

Ali: Can I see?

Edge: *bluuuuuuuuuuush*

Larry: *has pictures for no particular reason other than to blackmail Bono...or so he wants us to believe* *shows them to Ali*

Ali: SEVEN pounds? Baby, are you SURE?

Bono: Em...I'm sure the boys don't want to hear about this....Right, Adam?

Adam: *I'm cardboard, you dolt! Stop talking to me. The real Adam is out back for a quick smoke*

Bono: Hm...

Larry: Ali, is there a button in that envelope? I just keep LOSING them. I don't know what the feck...

Ali: Baby, SEVEN pounds?

Bono: I don't post there. I don't even--

Ali: WHAT is this?

Larry: BWWWAAAAAHHAHAHAAA! Is it the rugby pic?

Edge: *bluuuuuuush*

Ali: Yes! When did-- is that what that "Elevation" song was about? I thought that was just because you like to ride the elevators in the mall so much! BWAHAHAHAAA! Seven pounds....*scoff*

Bono: Edge, here -- you want to set something on fire? Set this on fire. *throws envelope of incriminating elevated pics into the firey pit that Edge's Carve-atron has produced*

*pout*

Ali: Don't get pouty!

Bono: *hmph*

Larry: Are buttons flammable? I think maybe they're just melting off me smooth self...

lol WTF was the point of that?

------------------
~*Mona*~ the Shamrock n rolla!

"Most of our organization is run by women. We sort of work for them, really!" ~BonoBaby~

We live forwards. We understand backwards.

TURN EACH SONG INTO A PRAYER

OMG! That was my 1900th post
biggrin.gif
That's really pathetic!
smile.gif

------------------

"Most of our organization is run by women. We sort of work for them, really!" ~BonoBaby~

LMAO!

That was sooooooooo funny, WildHonee..... wish I was a Thanksgiving dinner w/ the Hewsons.......

Love the whole bit w/ Larry's buttons (whether they're popping off or melting he can never seem to keep them.....) and the ridged cranberry sauce....

------------------
~ Katie ~
Dreamin' out loud.....

"A conga, my very own conga!" ~ Larry

Email me!
roxyangel22@hotmail.com

Moner, you SO rock, girlie. I was just wondering--just today!--how the Hewsons and Edgesons and Mullensons, etc. all celebrate the holidays....do you think they celebrate TG? I thought that was strictly a Murican holiday...LMAO at Edge's Carve-a-tron...and he doesn't know what to call Ali.
icon24.gif

Hey...Edge can do a little carving action with me if he wants to...heh...I'LL show him some SPARKS...BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

Disco

OMG!
That was so funny!!!!
Mona, ain't no mountian high enough, we gotta talk like pirates and dance like Macphisto with proper cranberry sauce.
You are crazy!
-Bluey

Originally posted by Discoteque:
I was just wondering--just today!--how the Hewsons and Edgesons and Mullensons, etc. all celebrate the holidays....do you think they celebrate TG? I thought that was strictly a Murican holiday

Disco

I was gonna say the same thing when I read the name of the thread...but Mona, that is the funniest thing you have EVER written!

Oh, I have to go lie down, that was so fecking funny...

I can't wait to see the Christmas story.

-Echo

------------------
Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure
Experience it at http://www.geocities.com/bonogoestovegas

The Official PLEBA Glossary: Replacing Crippling Confusion With Mere Disorientation!
Version 4.0 is at:
http://www.vodkatea.com/g/glossary.asp?gid=165

Mona, that was probably THE best post of yours ever!!!

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Originally posted by WildHonee:

Ali: Yes! When did-- is that what that "Elevation" song was about? I thought that was just because you like to ride the elevators in the mall so much! BWAHAHAHAAA! Seven pounds....*scoff*

LOL! That was a very interesting version of Thanksgiving at the Hewsons! There's not an Irish Thanksgiving, is there?
smile.gif
It would be pretty funny if Ali looked at PLEBA- I'm sure she'd want to set the record straight!
biggrin.gif

Moner, you SO rock, girlie. I was just wondering--just today!--how the Hewsons and Edgesons and Mullensons, etc. all celebrate the holidays....do you think they celebrate TG? I thought that was strictly a Murican holiday...LMAO at Edge's Carve-a-tron...and he doesn't know what to call Ali.
icon24.gif

Hey...Edge can do a little carving action with me if he wants to...heh...I'LL show him some SPARKS...BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

Disco
lol O MY....
biggrin.gif

------------------

Originally posted by U2One:
That "day by day" quote is from Meet the Parents
!! Yay! 50 lemons for you!
biggrin.gif

That was on HBO or something last night and I laughed for an hour about that one joke alone--then I missed the rest of the movie.

My brother: It's not THAT funny....

Mona: BWAAAHAHAHAAA!! But that was the song from--*starts writing Bono Family Xmas*

------------------

icon24.gif

Disco

I thought TG was an American holiday too, but I guess anyone could celebrate it....... except Larry wouldn't be eating the turkey 'cause he's a vegetarian........

------------------
~ Katie ~
Dreamin' out loud.....

"A conga, my very own conga!" ~ Larry

Email me!
roxyangel22@hotmail.com

CURSES! Foiled again. OK so it's not all culturally correct....

But come on, you'd all like to see Bono eating can-shaped cranberry sauce and Larry losin his buttons all over...and Edge setting fire to the house...
biggrin.gif

------------------

Absolutely hilarious!!!

I don't care if they don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Eire. The boys and Ali are welcome to celebrate with the Kellys. Then Bono and my own personal Bono can compare "seven pounds". As Ali and I both know, you don't need size to propagate!! And I'm mean height, girls!!

1900 posts? I'll be over 40 before that happens.

------------------
If your glass house should crack....POE

I thought "day by Day" was from Godspell....

Originally posted by WildHonee:
Originally posted by U2One:
That "day by day" quote is from Meet the Parents
!! Yay! 50 lemons for you!
biggrin.gif

That was on HBO or something last night and I laughed for an hour about that one joke alone--then I missed the rest of the movie.

My brother: It's not THAT funny....

Mona: BWAAAHAHAHAAA!! But that was the song from--*starts writing Bono Family Xmas*

lmao! you're too funny, i loved larry!

------------------
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Remember, kids, when asking for candy you should consider replacing "treat" with another delicious word, the birthday boy's name...

TRICK OR LARRY!!!

Love,
Emily

The city's desire to take me for more and more...

LMFAO!!!! that is the funniest thing ever! awwww! edgie was so cute and larry so funni and- are there words for bono??

*squirt*

the cranberry sauce!!

*can-shaped*

and larry's a vegetarian?? i didn't know that.

still LMFAO!!! i need to take a break before reading that again.

biggrin.gif

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

"A man dreams one day to fly
A man takes a rocket ship to the skies
He lives on a star that's dying in the night
And follows in the trail, the scatter of the light"

LMFAO!!!!!!!!! OMG I can't believe I was in the story yaaaaaaaay!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Yes that is soooooooooooo me lmao
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
www.angelfire.com/tx2/KITIYU2

"I am a sexy mofo, what can I say?" --What Larry really says to himself when he looks into the mirror every morning

Question from Caller:we want to know how he's maintained his youthful looks. we think he looks so much younger than the rest of the band

Larry:let me put it this way. Michael Jackson got the idea of the oxygen tent from me. and all this hanging out w/ monkeys and shit like that, it's all to do w/ that.

*cardboard AM is standing in and can't respond*

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

thanks for the good laugh!!!!!!!

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

*picks self up off floor*

Come on Mona. That's three times this week I've fallen on my arse reading PLEBA.
biggrin.gif

Hilarious. LMFAO!

Originally posted by BittersweetGirl:
lol!!! *greatest hits of Mona*
Heh I should write a book.

My friend Katie: No, you're NOT the Arthur Miller of the 21st century. This isn't even funny! What is Gay Larry doing with his buttons? What does 7 pounds mean?

Mona: It's a PLEBA thing....
biggrin.gif

------------------

Originally posted by Mullen-Girl:
LMFAO!!!!!!!!! OMG I can't believe I was in the story yaaaaaaaay!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Yes that is soooooooooooo me lmao
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Lol!
Heh, yes you're special! Larry mentioned Gina Marie once, too.

I've made you all very famous!
smile.gif

------------------

Originally posted by senrab:
I thought "day by Day" was from Godspell....

Yeah I think it is. But in Meet the Parents when Ben STiller was saying grace at dinner he was saying the words to that song.

*tumbleweed*

Well, I thought it was funny!
biggrin.gif

------------------

lol! still laughing!

Edgie~Pie!

em, Ali? -er, Alison? Mrs. Hewson? em, Mrs. ...Bono? er... *bluuuuuuush*

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

"A man dreams one day to fly
A man takes a rocket ship to the skies
He lives on a star that's dying in the night
And follows in the trail, the scatter of the light"

They should make Bono sit at the kids' table. I still have to sit at the kids' table, and I'm taller than my Grandma! NOT FAIR.

I'm listening to JT right now. HAPPY
smile.gif

The sad part is, usually it's ME who's
1.) looking for the canned cranberry sauce
2.) losing things
3.) setting things on fire

when we have a big dinner. Hm. No incriminating photos, though....yet.

------------------

*bump*ing this for the holidays

------------------
~*Mona*~ Echo's Pimp Protege
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

Magic magic magic Joe Houdini.....

Back
Top Bottom