Something Different - Pics of guys that look like U2!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Allegra

Refugee
The stars at night are big and bright *clap, clap,
I'm sure lots of us have seen tons of pics of the real thing. But, do you have a pic of a guy that is trying to look like Bono because he is in a tribute band or an impersonator, or do you have a family member that looks like Larry? If so, I think it would be fun to share or simply drool over them!

Let's get started...

Here's JT Bono (Brady) from Elevation-Toronto

PA16501215870.jpg

Allegra said:
Here's a Bono impersonator out of Seattle

bonogirl2.jpg

:drool:
Dang, he does look like Bono, but I guess that's why they are called "impersonators" lol. I like this thread idea, but I dont have any pics of people that look like U2 members:( Sorry

U2Kitten said:
Tony of UF (The NY area tribute band)

:drool:

bu2fultony.jpg

edit boomspeed must be down this morning, it should come back up later.

Tony is a lot like Bono in real life because he does his expressions and mannerisms. He puts on a good show too!

That Seattle guy looks a lot like him! I've seen a guy in England who looks a lot like him too. Sorry, but from all the pics I've seen of the Toronto guy, despite all his costume changes, he doesn't look a thing like Bono :uhoh: I'm sure he's good on stage though. Dano (Chicago area?) is cute too.

Here's the rest of Elevation-Toronto

PA16501215867.jpg

Also Brady and the guys were awesome. Yes, Brady is not as close to Bono as Danno, but Elevation-Toronto sounded almost like the real thing. They did an excellent job, and Brady has a huge voice.

I hope to see Elevation-USA in California this fall. I still haven't seen them, but I'm dying to!

ylimeU2 said:

:reject: That is just a little bit scary.

On second thought, any of these guys single?

I hate to burst your bubble, but I just found out yesterday that Ty the Bono Impersonator is getting engaged this summer. He still hangs out with us crazy Bono girls at Bono_Lovers@yahoogroups.com. He's a real sweetheart, and you are more than welcome to join the group!

I don't really know if this counts, but I have to tell you this story...

Last Friday I was walking to get some lunch and I?m at the cross walk, waiting for the light to change. Now, I?m wearing my usual, black jacket, black cargo pants, reddish dress shirt and (since it was windy) my Bono army cap turned backwards. No big deal.

I?m standing at this corner and I notice this girl next to me kind of looking at me. I?m thinking I?ve a got a booger, so I do the casual finger-under-the-nose slide and come up with nothing. I turn to her and smile. She smiles and looks away.

The light changes, I cross the street and as I?m about to go my own way, she stops me, ?Excuse me, has anyone ever told you that you kind of look like Bono??

I just smiled and chuckled a bit, ?I get that every so often, and as much as I'd love for that to be true, I'm usually told that during a night of hard drinking so by that time, all bets are off. Thank you, though, that?s very sweet.?

But she insists, ?No, you?re taller and thinner, but you kinda look like him.?

An awkward moment of silence and I just laugh. ?OK, well you?ve just got my weekend off to a great start, thank you again.?

I wave and walk off laughing to myself.

You see, my wife placates me and tells me I look like Bono, but that?s probably so I?ll take out the trash and stuff. The thing is, though, my wife?she really looks like Gillian Anderson, which is fine by me, since I?m in total lust with Scully!

So, later that night, I?m leaving work and I meet up with my band mate Tom (who works in the same building) in the lobby and we?re talking about things. Some random woman is walking by and she knows Tom. They start talking and at some point she stops and looks at me for a second. She goes, ?You look like that guy?you know the singer??

Tom goes, ?Bono? From U2??

?Yeah! With the hat and everything.? She adds.

Needless to say, I went home with a large ego that night. Which my wife promptly burst as soon as I told her the story with, ?And did you remember to pay the Con Edison bill, Bono?? DOH! Guess I found my Ali.

Tony :drool: :love:

Last I heard he is single :yes: (I'm not, just telling the girls who are and are interested) :sexywink:

I recently had a professor giving lessons in pharmaceutical chemistry that looked a lot like Edge does these days - only he has hair... :ohmy:

I actually thought it was quite fun, but kept it to myself - if I had told any of my fellow students they would think I was absolutely mad! :reject: But its nice to have a place like this where I can share my crazy U2-thoughts! :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom