Recent Boat Theft

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

biff

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
From Willie's wonderful diary, about the night after the Brisbane show:

"We did a runner back to the Versace Mansion after the show, all relieved to have got the ball rolling again. There was a nice hospitality set up at the hotel, right on a deck overlooking the harbour. It was a beautiful night, full moon, the whole bit. By about 4am there were just a few of us left up; Bono, me and half a dozen of the female tour staff. It was decided that we should go for a night stroll, so we headed to the marina. Sadly, there was a large security gate between us and the boats, secured with an electronic lock. As a joke we started trying our hotel room keys in the lock and to our surprise and delight one of them opened the gate. Striding along the jetties between the enormous private yachts, Bono was asserting “you know, you’d be surprised how many people leave the keys in the boats”, so I knew trouble was brewing. It turned out that on the Gold Coast keys are not necessarily left so liberally strewn around boat yards, so it looked for a while like we were going nowhere, but by this time the idea of being out on the inky black water was so delicious that there was no going back. In the end the only vessel we could find to liberate was a small rubber dinghy, no bigger than a bathtub. Telling ourselves that it’s not the size that counts, we gleefully jumped in and squeaked by the gigantic yachts either side. There were just three of us in the little boat, Bono, Catriona and me, slipping through the water and out into the vast blackness of the harbour. It was almost perfectly still, the moon behind streaky clouds, and not a sound to be heard other than the swish of the oars through the rippling water and the distant cries of “Are ye feckin’ mad or WHAT…?” coming from our friends on the rapidly receding quayside. In the midst of this idyll I was overcome by a sense of great nostalgia. I haven’t been involved in any major boat-stealing since the headed days of Zoo TV. (And don’t worry, we put it back after the sun came up.)"

OMG :lol: thats so damn funny!! am I missing out on other wonderful stories like this on u2.com..if so damn..but HAHAHA

Willie's diary is the only thing I want that lies behind the subscription wall at U2.com.

I guess someone would get in trouble if they reprinted each one here, right?

JCOSTER said:
Would someone please buy Bono a boat.....:laugh:

But oh, the thought of being out there with him on the black waters all alone...:drool:

No, no, no, you miss the point. It's all about the stealing. Thank god Bono does his joy riding in boats and not cars. It's Bono's last bit of juvenile delinquency and he hangs on to it. They had to make a run for it from the cops in France once and Bono got away but some of his friends got caught so he had to go down and apologize and straighten things out the next day. He always owns up though and didn't leave anyone holding the bag. See, that's the kind of Bono moment I'd like to have, just hanging out after a show, stealing boats or talking til dawn.

Dana

lets hope he does get arrested for something, and has to stay in the country for months (knowing our slow legal system) while getting tried :yes: plenty of bono stalking then!

* in Australia that is

Galeongirl said:
:laugh: Bono and his boat stealing thing!

Interesting tho, that the hotel cards opened the lock :hmm:

When I was in college we discovered that everyone’s ID card opened the gate to the parking deck, not just the ones of the people who paid for a parking pass. I have a feeling that if I went down there now, four years after I graduated, my ID would still open the gate.

rihannsu said:

No, no, no, you miss the point. It's all about the stealing. Thank god Bono does his joy riding in boats and not cars. It's Bono's last bit of juvenile delinquency and he hangs on to it. They had to make a run for it from the cops in France once and Bono got away but some of his friends got caught so he had to go down and apologize and straighten things out the next day. He always owns up though and didn't leave anyone holding the bag. See, that's the kind of Bono moment I'd like to have, just hanging out after a show, stealing boats or talking til dawn.

Dana

No, I sure didn't miss the point, he seems like he's a blast to hang out with...I would still love to be on a boat out on the water w/him and I am petrified of the water!

JCOSTER said:

No, I sure didn't miss the point, he seems like he's a blast to hang out with...I would still love to be on a boat out on the water w/him and I am petrified of the water!

The point I was talking about was the theft. You said buy him a boat and what I'm saying is that if he owns the boat it's not the same thing. Don't you think he'd have bought himself one by now?

Dana

rihannsu said:

The point I was talking about was the theft. You said buy him a boat and what I'm saying is that if he owns the boat it's not the same thing. Don't you think he'd have bought himself one by now?

Dana

NO, cause I think he is a little on the cheap side...:laugh:

Earnie Shavers said:
Willie's diary is the only thing I want that lies behind the subscription wall at U2.com.

I guess someone would get in trouble if they reprinted each one here, right?

WILLIE IS GOD!!!!

But not god-enough for me to purchase a U2.com subscription ;-)

Would love to read more of his tellings.....

Anyone?

Can someone start a Willie topic???
That guy is just sooo funny. Would just lerv to read/see more of him...

Thankssssss

Back
Top Bottom