Question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Girl1978

Blue Crack Addict
Ok silly question. When the boys go on their tours do they bring their family with them? If so, did Bono ever bring people on stage while his family was there? I would find that a bit uncomfortable for his wife if she was there. Anyone care to shed light on this?

If so, would you feel uncomfortable if he brought you on stage and sang to you or whatever? **stupid question** lol

PLEBA gals should know all! :wink:

I'm sure the family is used to Bono bringing people on stage. I mean, he's a rock star. It's part of the performance and part of who Bono is. It is to be expected.

I'd love to go up on stage! I'd probly be frozen with my mouth like this though :shocked:

:wink:

Sicy said:
I'm sure the family is used to Bono bringing people on stage. I mean, he's a rock star. It's part of the performance and part of who Bono is. It is to be expected.

I'd love to go up on stage! I'd probly be frozen with my mouth like this though :shocked:

:wink:

Right, Ali doesn't strike me as someone who loses any sleep over his onstage antics. She seems very secure.

I have a bootleg from Elevation where Bono announces that Edge's parents are in the audience that evening. I think I saw a picture of at least one of Edge's daughters on stage with Bono a few years ago but I never saved the picture. :shrug:

I remember a friend of mine telling me about a show she went to... was it on the PopMart tour, or ZooTV? Can't remember. Anyway, Bono was dancing with his leg between the legs of his onstage guest, and seemed to be enjoying it very much. :wink: When it was over he looked at Ali and mouthed "Sorry!" :lol:

(thinking of how B said "Father, forgive me" after the infamous MelPop)

I'm sure Ali thinks it's funny...I'd laugh if my hubby was onstage and being silly--I'd know he'd be going home with me after all. :wink:

starsgoblue said:
(thinking of how B said "Father, forgive me" after the infamous MelPop)

I'm sure Ali thinks it's funny...I'd laugh if my hubby was onstage and being silly--I'd know he'd be going home with me after all. :wink:

Yes but was she even there when that went down?

one4u2 said:
Eve is on stage on the slane dvd during mysterious ways .....

She and Jordan were both onstage at another show, I think it was Paris?? I have seen the pics.

I know for a fact they took their entire families on the last 2 tours, not sure about before, probably ZOO too.

It's all part of the "rock star" persona, and as others have said, Ali seems pretty secure. If I got pulled on stage I'd be sure to mouth to her: "thank you!!!"

Shaliz said:

:huh: Never heard about this one.

the video clip is outrageous. some people think he was acting a little obscenely with her; my take is that she was clinging like a monkey to him while she was lying on top of him, and he was trying to get her to lie next to him, so he had to "buck" a little to get her moved over.

and the family did not go on the Zoo tour...based on what Flanagan reports in his book.

ruffian said:

the video clip is outrageous. some people think he was acting a little obscenely with her; my take is that she was clinging like a monkey to him while she was lying on top of him, and he was trying to get her to lie next to him, so he had to "buck" a little to get her moved over.

:ohmy:

Ancalagon said:
I remember a friend of mine telling me about a show she went to... was it on the PopMart tour, or ZooTV? Can't remember. Anyway, Bono was dancing with his leg between the legs of his onstage guest, and seemed to be enjoying it very much. :wink: When it was over he looked at Ali and mouthed "Sorry!" :lol:
:ohmy: :lmao:
Ah yes... is that the one which Bono's dad told Bill Flanagan that he disapproved of?

As for Ali... after the amount of time she and Bono have been together, she seems very secure - and probably glad that she could have a rest! :lol:

That is so :lmao: :lmao: about Bono saying sorry to Ali!!!

However, even though she is very secure, i think i have read of a few instances were she wasn't so happy with him being so risque&in my opinion, he was completely enjoying the Melpop roll!

:yes:

susanp6 said:

However, even though she is very secure, i think i have read of a few instances were she wasn't so happy with him being so risque

never heard that, only Bono's dad

It's all part of the "rock star" persona, and as others have said, Ali seems pretty secure. If I got pulled on stage I'd be sure to mouth to her: "thank you!!!"

:yes:

Last edited:
Didn't the whole melpop thing start when she bit him on the neck and he moaned or something and something else....:drool:

Ancalagon said:

LOL, awww...

I'm sure if Ali did have a problem with it, she'd most certainly let him know...but if he's still continuing to do this, I'm assuming she doesn't mind too much. I admit I would feel a little odd if his family were there and I got pulled up on stage...course, a zillion things would be running through my mind then. But if I get the feeling she's okay with it, I'll feel a little better.

Angela

sallycinnamon78 said:

:ohmy: :lmao:
Ah yes... is that the one which Bono's dad told Bill Flanagan that he disapproved of?

Don't think so; I've got a feeling it was in Dublin. I'd dig out the letter in which she told me about this, but I haven't a clue where (in all my piles of paper) it could be!

ruffian said:

yeah right...

ruffian said:

and the family did not go on the Zoo tour...based on what Flanagan reports in his book.

I really don't think that she was clinging to him. No fights please! :reject: :hug: to plebans! Pweba Wuuuvvvvvv...

Back
Top Bottom