Pleban Girls Party - When life gives you lemons....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hey jez!
i am about to go make myself a salad and go outside! it is perfect here today so i want to do some stuff! i will be back in a little while though!

Kat :eyebrow: You've obviously not been lurking here long before you joined, or you would know that the reason for it being so quiet in here, is because I'm boring people's ears off...

No, I'm just joking. :lmao:
I hope :reject:

Lol! Aww well from what I've seen you don't seem boring at all! :D

Did you do any more with LJ? or was it getting too confusing!

Why, thank you :wink:

I think I might have managed to add you to my friends list :rolleyes: And I have made two entries in my journal :D but those make no sense as I just tried to figure out how to do that.

The biggest problem I have is figuring out how to actually post somewhere else, so I had to create another lj :shh: :lol:

Lol! I'll look and see if you're on my list. :)

well if you want to post somewhere else, like a community, you have to make sure you're joined first. then, when you make an entry in the journal as normal, down at the bottom there's a bit that says 'Post To' and then you select where you want to post to! if you want to comment on someone else's LJ then if you're their friend you just click their user name and there's a place to leave comments after their entries! I hope that makes sense!

ooh yeah you did add me, well done!

:hyper: Yay! I did it! :lol:

Ok, thanks, I guess we'll see if I can manage to work up the nerves to actually post something. It took me ages to figure out how to post text behind a link, like it's done on communities "front pages." I was laughing at myself, I'm usually pretty good in figuring out these sort of things :lmao:
I've just managed to post my first fic here, though, so it might take a while :lol:

Aww, well, don't be nervous! People are nice most of the time! What communities have you joined? I guess the u2slash one if you've been reading the fics? They're all really nice there, but if you post then make it a little bit relevant to slash. The other one is the u2 community, that's fun too a lot of the time. And u2daily for pics! :)

chickadee said:
Aww, well, don't be nervous! People are nice most of the time! What communities have you joined? I guess the u2slash one if you've been reading the fics? They're all really nice there, but if you post then make it a little bit relevant to slash. The other one is the u2 community, that's fun too a lot of the time. And u2daily for pics! :)

There's also u2fic for het and Mary Sues :wink:

Souly said:

There's also u2fic for het and Mary Sues :wink:

Oh yeah, does anyone ever post there still? I don't think I joined! I hardly write any het these days buuuut there's nothing wrong with a good ol' Mary Sue now and then. ;)

Hi Souly by the way, don't know if we have met?

:reject: u2slash is the only community I've joined yet. I've looked at a few others though.
The only fics I've ever posted anywhere are slash (even the one I posted here was slash originally, but don't say anything loud, or it might be deleted :shh: ) :lol:

Hi souly :wave:

chickadee said:

Oh yeah, does anyone ever post there still? I don't think I joined! I hardly write any het these days buuuut there's nothing wrong with a good ol' Mary Sue now and then. ;)

Hi Souly by the way, don't know if we have met?

You're bonoffee, I think. I'm the mod at u2daily :D

I don't mind a good Mary Sue if it's written well (guilty pleasures, heh). There are some that are just painful to read, if you know what I mean.

Lol I won't say a word jez ;) Slash is what I usually write, it's much easier and more fun for me, I can never create a good female character! you don't have to join any communities but there's lots out there if you do! :D

JezSnape said:
:reject: u2slash is the only community I've joined yet. I've looked at a few others though.
The only fics I've ever posted anywhere are slash (even the one I posted here was slash originally, but don't say anything loud, or it might be deleted :shh: ) :lol:

Hi souly :wave:

Hi Jez! :D

I'll have to go look that up :shifty:

I have a few female characters I actually like, I've used them in a couple of things I've written. I think they're actually my other personalities, which will come out the day I become schizo :lol:

I'm just afraid of being too pathetic, I can't really stand mary sues where the female character is some kind of mix between a helpless little creature from the 17th century, and superwoman...

Souly said:

You're bonoffee, I think. I'm the mod at u2daily :D

I don't mind a good Mary Sue if it's written well (guilty pleasures, heh). There are some that are just painful to read, if you know what I mean.

I am indeed! I'm worried my reputation is preceding me here. ;)

Yeah I know what you mean. It can be a nice bit of light relief to read something a little less taxing or serious. I got told that my character in Up Close & Personal (that I posted here) was a Mary Sue, didn't cross my mind before but she probably is... but I like her anyway, lol!

I don't really know what actually is the difference between a mary sue and an "ordinary" fiction involving female characters.

Oh, right, "up close and personal", that was you too! I really, really liked that one, especially the humour :)

JezSnape said:
I don't really know what actually is the difference between a mary sue and an "ordinary" fiction involving female characters.

Oh, right, "up close and personal", that was you too! I really, really liked that one, especially the humour :)

i am a mary sue ;P

JezSnape said:

well in your last post you described a Mary Sue pretty well actually! Just a really unrealistic female character. You get them with male characters too, if Bono wasn't a real person he'd be one. ;) But like too perfect and they just don't seem a real person. Or they're based too much on the author.

Yeah that was me lol! I get around! I'm thinking of writing another chapter of that actually...

Back
Top Bottom