Pleban Girls Party - Stay and the night will be enough

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: Mandy.

All I said before was something akin to:
I don't understand the latin you all are writing. And I don't think I can remember my french, thus, you all probably can't undertsnad me.

And then I was jut asking who you wanted a translation from, me, or the others. Cause I had no freakin clue what anyone else was saying. ;)

Galeongirl said:
ah vous etez une trés belle française ma cherie Bri :flirt:

No hablo español! No comprendo! Habla ingles por favor! Bono tienes cojones grandes! :wink:

:happy: I know swear words in about any language...

Vous etez trés gentille, Galeon! Tu parle la français aussi? Tu sais une plus de langes!

I haven't taken any french since grade 11...so it's been 4 or 5 years...

ThoraSEB said:
I took French for 11 years, and my knowledge is abysmal. :tsk: It's so lame - they taught us mainly grammar and about conjugating verbs. I can get by when I need to in French, but if you want a cereal box translated, I'm your woman. Plus, I can conjugate the hell out of any French verbs! :wink:

Hello, btw! :D

I loved the teacher I had for grade 11 french. She made us have big class discussions in french (or frangalis as we deemed it). It was the first time we ever really had to try and express ourselves in french, and attempt to form sentences on the fly.

She used to say that the core students learned to write, and the immersion students to speak, but ne'er shall the two twains meet.

mandy1973 said:
^ :lmao:

ok, now that we've got that sorted, would anyone object to me speaking in english? ;)

ja want engels is een vreselijke taal en ik begrijp er niks van! spreek nou maar gewoon nederlands! :wink:

I gotta start making dinner, finished my latin :happy: back later!

~BrightestStar~ said:

I loved the teacher I had for grade 11 french. She made us have big class discussions in french (or frangalis as we deemed it). It was the first time we ever really had to try and express ourselves in french, and attempt to form sentences on the fly.

She used to say that the core students learned to write, and the immersion students to speak, but ne'er shall the two twains meet.

I had a really awesome teacher for one of my years of French. I can't remember when it was, maybe grade 11. That was a long time ago! :lol:

Anyways, we were only allowed to speak French in her class - we couldn't speak a word of English. That totally helped, but at the same time it was really stressful and frustrating. She had an "English chair" where if you sat in the chair, you were allowed to speak English. However, you were only allowed to use it once each class, so you had to pick your battles. :lol: She was pretty clever! :up:

Hi Shannon and Kaf! :hug:

Hi Shannon, Sharon and everyone else :hug:

I'll be sort of in and out today. Got lots of little things to do.. Don't mind me :D

ThoraSEB said:

I had a really awesome teacher for one of my years of French. I can't remember when it was, maybe grade 11. That was a long time ago! :lol:

Anyways, we were only allowed to speak French in her class - we couldn't speak a word of English. That totally helped, but at the same time it was really stressful and frustrating. She had an "English chair" where if you sat in the chair, you were allowed to speak English. However, you were only allowed to use it once each class, so you had to pick your battles. :lol: She was pretty clever! :up:

Hi Shannon and Kaf! :hug:

Our class was hilarious cause she would choose topics that would really get people riled up and polarized..
Abortion, the death penalty, things like that. And then she would play devils advocate.
It was hilarious..we would get all angry and invested in the fight..and we're stumbling to get our arguments out.
People whipping out their french english dictionaries.
It always degraded into franglais in the end. But it was good fun.

Ah memories. :heart:

Sadly, I must get movin on. My 2 hours are up. Ding ding. Colour me cooked.

I'll see you ladies later.
Take care.

Aurevoir! :hug:s

~BrightestStar~ said:

Our class was hilarious cause she would choose topics that would really get people riled up and polarized..
Abortion, the death penalty, things like that. And then she would play devils advocate.
It was hilarious..we would get all angry and invested in the fight..and we're stumbling to get our arguments out.
People whipping out their french english dictionaries.
It always degraded into franglais in the end. But it was good fun.

Ah memories. :heart:

Sadly, I must get movin on. My 2 hours are up. Ding ding. Colour me cooked.

I'll see you ladies later.
Take care.

Aurevoir! :hug:s

:lmao: That's awesome! Sounds like good times.

I should get back to work too. Later everyone! :hug:

lol I have obligatory english, both french and german(finished those last year tho) either latin or greek (gee, which one do I have :wink: ) and... dutch... the suckiest of all!

mandy1973 said:

Is this in high school? When do you have time for other subjects?

yes highschool... last year :wink:

I also have Math, chemistry, biology, physics(ugh hate that!) :wink:
finished History and geography in our fourth grade (I finish in the sixth, which is the highest level.... called VWO, you also have HAVO, which finishes in fifth grade, and VMBO (aka for notsosmart people) which finishes in fourth grade...
we have 8 years of primary school here, usually starting age 4... so you usually start highschool aged 12...

lol it is a lot of work.... and I"m badly lazy, so I am prolly not gonna make it this year... worst thing is that I know that.... and still I can't make myself work for it... :sigh:

VintagePunk said:

Sarah was in French immersion, and she's forgetting it already. :|

:lol:!!

I only ever remember bits and parts. I sometimes cheat and look words up on a translater when I can't remember them.
Also, I whore every oppertunity I can to squeeze some into a converstation....as this thread so avidly demonstarted. :lol:

:nerd:

Anyone still here? I've got another hour off. :happy:

And despite not eating since breakfast (oh so long ago) I'm not very hungry...:hmm:
Do sprinkle covered rice krispie squares count as part of well rounded meal? :p

Stupid cheap school computers...this moniter is SO blurry and I don't know how to fix it. I think I'm going blind...:crack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom