Pleban Girls Party - Kiss and Tell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
redhotswami said:
Thora - lol thanks for askin. I'm okay. This week has been a bit of a roller coaster, I'm trying to keep my head above water :wink:

I hear ya! Literally AND figuratively! :lmao: It's been pouring constantly for over a week now.

redhotswami said:
SG - Yep! And I'll admit, I learned a few new things meself :wink:

Like that U2 inspired a Springsteen song? :lol: :wink:

I don't recall that part, personally :scratch: doesn't mean it isn't in there, though

I think he infused a LOT of personal opinion. But in a way, that's what an Author does. it's not like he was a ghost writer for the band

ThoraSEB said:
Hi Mia and fly! :hug:

I've actually met Steve Stockman! He was the dean (I think that was his title) at the dorm I lived in at Queen's University in Belfast. Very cool man!

Hey Thora:hug: :wave:

Sad_Girl said:

exactly, the gun maker is guilty of enabling someone to commit the sort of act they would not be capable of without his product.

Responsibility for their own actions

it's like saying the guy who set the wildfire in Cali isn't responsible for the death of those firefighters or the financial havoc wreaked on the people of the county

True. He's enabling them, but he's not making them do anything. This is a slightly different situation too. No one I know of has misinterpeted Madonna's message at all that actually saw her show. Most of them, by their own admissions, are not Christians, so I asked them what they saw with Madonna/the cross/the AIDS info. etc. Every single one of them got what she was trying to say better than any Christian I knew of who was passing judgement. Not one of them thought she was trying to put herself on a level with Jesus or anything of the sort. They all said that they knew Jesus spent most of His time here helpin the sick, poor, etc., and that was what Madonna was trying to do. If fact they all said, that if they did see her message as trying to put herself on a level with Jesus or do anything that could have been deemed "blasphemous" they would've been angry as well even though they aren't Christians themselves.

Sad_Girl said:

Like that U2 inspired a Springsteen song? :lol: :wink:

I don't recall that part, personally :scratch: doesn't mean it isn't in there, though

I think he infused a LOT of personal opinion. But in a way, that's what an Author does. it's not like he was a ghost writer for the band

:lol: now you've got me going. when i go back home, im gonna look at the book again. i bookmarked cool quotes and crazy parts, so i'll sift through it and post some of his exaggerations.

but yeah, authors do that. it happens. have you read one step closer?? im thinking about that one.

redhotswami said:
Thora - ohgosh!!! you know, i love rain, but when it constantly pours day after day, i grow tired of it.

It does rain a fair bit here, but this last week and a bit has been pure insanity. :| Hopefully the weather will clear up soon, or else drastic measure may have to be taken! :wink:

redhotswami said:
Am I wrong, or did I read that u2 inspired springsteen to write a song??? typing that now, i feel it is wrong :huh: i dont have my book to reference.

I'll take this one. :wink:

U2 at the End of the World says that Bono may have influenced the writing style of Springsteen's albums after Born in the USA.

I haven't read the Stockman book yet, though, so I don't know what that book says about the U2/Bruce connection.

U2isthebest said:

I think that's wonderful that you were able to find your gift in Emergency Rescue. It's certainly not something I could do; I'm way too much of fearful and anxious person in that respect. So you're no longer in the Emergency Rescue field, if I'm understanding correctly? I'm sure that must be hard on you, but if it was destroying your health and peace of mind it's not worth it, no matter how wonderful it was.

I still fantasize about being able to go back on the fire department; it was not nearly as demanding as the Ambulance. I worked 24 hour straight shifts on the ambulance and since I was the floating part timer I would often work three or four days in a row. My immune system could not support it. I've studied Law Enforcement and Psychology as well as Firefighting and EMS, but
No, I'm a writer now - starving as all true artists must :wink:

Actually, I've always been a writer, but before I did it on the side, where it is my main pursuit now. I think my first short story was in 6th grade or so - so I guess that was my truest calling :)

redhotswami said:
Brit - yeah I agree, I did appreciate a lot of his criticisms. I think what bugged me about the book was I thought there was a bit of an exaggeration. Am I wrong, or did I read that u2 inspired springsteen to write a song??? typing that now, i feel it is wrong :huh: i dont have my book to reference.

No. I happen to have my book on my desk:nerd: and from the parts I just looked at, he simply talked about Bruce inducting them into the Hall of Fame, and how he's come to terms with Christianity over the years. I'll keep looking though. I seem to remember something about them inspiring him too, but I don't believe it was a song...

Sad_Girl said:

I still fantasize about being able to go back on the fire department; it was not nearly as demanding as the Ambulance. I worked 24 hour straight shifts on the ambulance and since I was the floating part timer I would often work three or four days in a row. My immune system could not support it. I've studied Law Enforcement and Psychology as well as Firefighting and EMS, but
No, I'm a writer now - starving as all true artists must :wink:

Actually, I've always been a writer, but before I did it on the side, where it is my main pursuit now. I think my first short story was in 6th grade or so - so I guess that was my truest calling :)

:yikes: That schedule sounds crazy! No wonder you burned out! You're definitely a talented writer, so I'm positive that everything will work out amazing for you! It's true, I've heard so many messages at church and from other pastors I've seen lately talking about what we loved in childhood could actually be the greatest key when trying to decide what career path God would have us pursue.

U2isthebest said:

No. I happen to have my book on my desk:nerd: and from the parts I just looked at, he simply talked about Bruce inducting them into the Hall of Fame, and how he's come to terms with Christianity over the years. I'll keep looking though. I seem to remember something about them inspiring him too, but I don't believe it was a song...

Bruuuuuuuuuuuce. :scream:

I just needed to do that. :wink:

All right it's time for me to go to bed :wave:

I only have to get up early one more day, then I have four days to sleep in :happy: (And therefore stay up as late as I want :wink: )

Sweet Dreams everyone

Back
Top Bottom