PLEBA Ladies, I really need your advice now....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wildhoney22

Refugee
Okay, here's my story......

I've only been at my new school for 3 weeks now, but I know this guy "Matt" has liked me ever since then..... and I like him too. He's funny and outgoing around his friends, but kinda quiet and shy around me. We both knew that we liked each other, and we would look at each other in a cute way & talk to each other, but nothing had hapened at this point. I was sure he was going to ask me out but I didn't know when.

He introduced me to his friend "John" a couple weeks ago, but nothing really came of it. But last week John approached me and asked me if I'd be interested in participiating in one of the extracurricial activities at school, and I decided to 'cause I was interested in doing it.

He brought me to the meeting yesterday, and we talked for a while and he was really nice and funny & made me feel welcome.... and I like him a lot too now. He's really outgoing and smart and confident, which is the kind of person I am becoming. I asked him about Matt liking me, and John said that Matt had told all his friends about me, except that having a girlfriend wasn't one of his priorities, but he liked me a lot.

Today he saw me in the halls and asked me if I would go to the movies with him sometime(which pretty much means to go out w/ him). I was extrememely surprised and flattered. Since I was single, and I really like John, I said "sure", and that was that.

I was at lunch today telling my girls
about it, and some of Matt's friends came over & wanted to know if I would go out w/ him, because he had finally gotten up enough courage to ask me out...... but I had no choice but to tell them about me going & John possibly going out....

So Matt found out & went to John about it, and I don't know what was said but I guess he didn't say much, which isn't good because he's not the quiet type.

I like both of them a lot, but John was pretty direct with me in asking me out, and I found out from his friends that he really does like me, but so did Matt except he was too shy to ask me out...

John was pretty calm about the whole thing, and told me he knew that Matt liked me but he liked me too, except he said if he had to he'd "back off" so I could go out with Matt.
But in my physics class after all this happened, Matt didn't talk to me at all like he usually does, and wouldn't even make eye contact with me. And when I left school today I saw him outside, and he gave me this almost dirty look, but I have no idea what I've done wrong, and I am an emotional wreck right now.

I said that I'm gonna have to sit down w/ both of them and talk about it.... what concerns me the most is that now they're not talking becuase of me, and I don't want to be the reason for that. I like Matt a lot but John just sort of came in from nowhere and I am really beginning to like him too... each for different reasons.

I have no idea what I am supposed to do. right now I am leaning more towards John, except I don't want to hurt Matt cause he would be a lot more upset if I rejected him than John. And I don't want their friendship to be ruined because of me, so if I choose one of them, the other will be hurt, but if I choose nobody then they will both be upset...... but I know that it's my decision and I have to make one soon.

Right now I am too upset to even think about what I am going to do, which is why I went to my friends at school & why I've come to you PLEBA ladies, who have never failed me before. Any advice or words of wisdom I could use right now? And anything besides "follow your heart" cause I don't know what my heart wants right now..... thank you so much, and I love you girls for sitting through all of this.

------------------
~ Katie ~
Dreamin' out loud.....

"A conga, my very own conga!" ~ Larry

Email me!
roxyangel22@hotmail.com

if it were me, i'd pick matt. but, i'm a sucker for the shy, sweet, under appreciated boys of the world. (which makes my attraction to bono even stranger!)

of course that is my opinion. you might be nothing like me...

my advice is useless so here is a (((hug for Katie))) to cheer you up.
smile.gif

------------------
"You can download an atmosphere and dial up a groove, but there's a certain magic when three musicians and a dyslexic get together and play in a room." - Bono

Love,
Emily

The city's desire to take me for more and more...

So let me get this straight: you've been going to this school for three weeks and already you've got two guys who want you?

I never got asked out by ANYONE until after high school.

Though I suppose if I turned off the Morrissey tape in my Walkman and pulled my face out of my copy of "The Picture of Dorian Gray" for five minutes, things might have been different.

But this isn't about me, it's about you, Katie.
smile.gif

I would have e-mailed you personally, but I thought maybe it'd be a good idea to have the other PLEBA girls be able to tell you if my advice is crap.

Now sounds like the perfect time NOT to make a decision. I have had my share of catastrophic relationships, and the main reason they were so was because I had no patience. I never weighed my options or considered the consequences because I always felt like "it's now or never." It seems like you feel that way, like something MUST be done immediately.

I'd advise you to tell both these guys "You're both really nice and everything, but man, I just got here!" I'll bet that if you spend more time around each of these guys, just as a friend, after a while the right choice will become more apparent to you.

-Echo

------------------
Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure
Experience it at http://www.geocities.com/bonogoestovegas

The Official PLEBA Glossary: Replacing Crippling Confusion With Mere Disorientation!
Version 4.0 is at:
http://www.vodkatea.com/g/glossary.asp?gid=165

Originally posted by Echo:

Though I suppose if I turned off the Morrissey tape in my Walkman and pulled my face out of my copy of "The Picture of Dorian Gray" for five minutes, things might have been different.

LMAO, Echo.....that sounds painfully familiar...

Wildhoney22 Thats tough ...I guess I'd have the soft spot for the shy one.
But you should just give it some time....It will become clear which one is right for you !!!

So let me get this straight: you've been going to this school for three weeks and already you've got two guys who want you?

Don't ask me how I managed that... cause I only had 1 boyfriend beofre this, and I am not the prettiest person on the earth.... I guess it's a confidence thing, cause the first thing my new friend Meg said to her friends after she met me was that I have a lot of confidence in myself. I don't know, do guys like confident girls? Cause there's a line between confidence and just being a bitch

Now sounds like the perfect time NOT to make a decision. I have had my share of catastrophic relationships, and the main reason they were so was because I had no patience. I never weighed my options or considered the consequences because I always felt like "it's now or never." It seems like you feel that way, like something MUST be done immediately.

I'd advise you to tell both these guys "You're both really nice and everything, but man, I just got here!" I'll bet that if you spend more time around each of these guys, just as a friend, after a while the right choice will become more apparent to you.

-Echo

I never though about it that way before, but one thing I've never had is patience, & I guess I need it in this kind of a situtation........ that's a completely different spin on this whole situation, and thanks for giving it to me, and I will think about what you said a lot right now

------------------
~ Katie ~
Freedom looks like too many choices....

Email me!
roxyangel22@hotmail.com

STOP RIGHT THERE!!!!!!!!!!

Don't even dare to make a decision. You're obviously confused by something, please: Take a seat and let time pass.

And don't worry about the relationship between Matt and John, if they have their differences is only because THEIR choices, don't blame yourself.

*take care*
smile.gif

Ana

------------------
*~"Bono's Pupeteer"~*

OK..
what grade are u in?

and ive been in a situation too..but the guy is more outgoing to me, but he isnt ready to have a girlfriend...i told him i liked him at BioCamp...a camp at our school...and he likes me, but his religion will restrict him for a while as it comes to going out with girls....but at camp we were hanging on each other, and now he talks to his friends more and im supposed to be his BEST friend, and i dont feel like it now, but somehow i need to get him to pay more attention--

i think there is no one else he would like in school ever..no one else i will ever like either..

Bono-ette
(life is stupid sometimes, but with Bono to look at--it seems better)

Originally posted by Bono-ette:
OK..
what grade are u in?

I am a sophomore in high school, but I am sort of an honorary junior because I am in most of the junior classes.... Matt is a sophomore too, and John is a junior

------------------
~ Katie ~
Freedom looks like too many choices....

Email me!
roxyangel22@hotmail.com

i can relate, echo. i tend to ignore guys, it's not that i don't want a boyfriend i just don't put a lot of effort into finding a boy. maybe i'm a hopeless romantic. maybe i'm too shy.

MAYBE i should stop measuring them all up to bono!

------------------
"You can download an atmosphere and dial up a groove, but there's a certain magic when three musicians and a dyslexic get together and play in a room." - Bono

Love,
Emily

The city's desire to take me for more and more...

Well girlie, just take your time, don't rush anything because if you do then maybe you'll end up picking the guy that you don't really like

Now if it were me, I'd probably pick the shy one because once you get to know them, they're not shy anymore
biggrin.gif
and plus I think they listen more to you...and my boyfriend's name is Matt too (Matts rock
biggrin.gif
)

*hugs girlie* I hope you get this resolved but dont' take it too quickly now

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
www.angelfire.com/tx2/KITIYU2

"I am a sexy mofo, what can I say?" --What Larry really says to himself when he looks into the mirror every morning

Question from Caller:we want to know how he's maintained his youthful looks. we think he looks so much younger than the rest of the band

Larry:let me put it this way. Michael Jackson got the idea of the oxygen tent from me. and all this hanging out w/ monkeys and shit like that, it's all to do w/ that.

This is me exactly. What a TOTALLY depressing time high school was. This is why I had to write stories about Shy Dave and Outgoing Paul constantly fighting over me at Mt. Temple!!!

Anyway, couldn't you just date them both and decide over the course of time? Or would that not go over well? You've got to give John credit for having the guts to ask you out, but then again, I am a HUGE sucker for the shy ones. I think you are going to have to sit down and talk to them, probably separately and explain that you really don't want to get either of them upset, but that you'd just like to hang out with both of them and play things by ear. I say, if you have two guys after you, enjoy it!!!!!

Hey I didn't have my first boyfriend until after High school too lmao...I had my first boyfriend at 19 lol

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
www.angelfire.com/tx2/KITIYU2

"I am a sexy mofo, what can I say?" --What Larry really says to himself when he looks into the mirror every morning

Question from Caller:we want to know how he's maintained his youthful looks. we think he looks so much younger than the rest of the band

Larry:let me put it this way. Michael Jackson got the idea of the oxygen tent from me. and all this hanging out w/ monkeys and shit like that, it's all to do w/ that.

Originally posted by wildhoney22:
I am a sophomore in high school, but I am sort of an honorary junior because I am in most of the junior classes.... Matt is a sophomore too, and John is a junior

Cool...im a freshman
but hey its all cool...wow an honorary junior? thats interesting

cool
Bono-ette

Originally posted by Bono-ette:
Cool...im a freshman
but hey its all cool...wow an honorary junior? thats interesting

cool
Bono-ette

Cool, someone my age around here.... I loved freshman year- it was one of the best.

Yeah, I'm technically a sophomore cause I'm still in a couple of sophomore classes like physics & spanish, but they moved me up to junior classes in 11th grade math & AP English & stuff like that, and all the juniors call me their honorary member cause they said I might as well be a junior anyways.....

------------------
~ Katie ~
We'll shine like stars in the summer night
We'll shine like stars in the winter night

roxyangel22@hotmail.com

Back
Top Bottom