PLEBA Girls Party - we do U2 around the world

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
~BrightestStar~ said:

Oh! oh!
Could he kidnapp me? :hyper:
And lock us in the hotel room? :wink:
And he'd have to keep me quiet...and occupied...:wink:

If I find out Bono has kidnapped you, I will work my hardest to find you!!!

It has absolutely nothing to do with Bono either.My one concern is you....:shifty:

~BrightestStar~ said:

And techincally I won't be a minor...so is it kidnapping if I consent? :hmm:

Technically, I guess it wouldn't be but if your folks got worried and reported you missing, the fed's could make us miss the show :mad: Just making sure she's ok (Well now she isn't you idiot, you made her miss the concert!)

Sad_Girl said:

Technically, I guess it wouldn't be but if your folks got worried and reported you missing, the fed's could make us miss the show :mad: Just making sure she's ok (Well now she isn't you idiot, you made her miss the concert!)

:giggle:
I guess we'd just have to make sure they didn't find us till after the show......
perhaps we could hide in Bono's pants? :D

:laugh:

DG........I wou;dn't be impressed if you rescued me...:tongue:

OK, just went to mapquest. From my house, it takes about 8 hours to get to Toronto. So that means I'd have to leave Saturday morning, kidnap Bri in the afternoon, and make it back to Boston by Sunday morning. It's going to be tough,but not impossible. :wink:

Last edited:
~BrightestStar~ said:

I guess we'd just have to make sure they didn't find us till after the show......

I don't think there's enough room for both of us, but maybe Adam or Larry would be willing to help out and let me hide in theirs :D

~BrightestStar~ said:

DG........I wou;dn't be impressed if you rescued me...:tongue:

You'd get over it...maybe. :wink:

daygloeyes2 said:

*makes note to bring duct tape in case Bri talks too much*

OMG
:lmao: :lmao:
How can you know to do that without ever having met me? :lmao:

The things I would do for U2...I'm sitting here pondering a runaway plan..:lmao:
see..buses go from my university to Toronto..eventually, lol...so I could go to school.........and erm.somehow pretend I have to stay the night...and then take the bus......and then probably get lost in TO...and get mugged........
sounds fun....
:lmao:
</ramble>
Sometimes you just shouldn't type what you're thinking...:lol:

Sad_Girl said:

You know duct tape is something Adam, Larry and Edge all carry for Bono-blabbermouth emergencies :wink:

:lmao: !

And Bri, I wouldn't let you get mugged in TO (mind you, if I'm stuck in Chatham the day you're here all bets are off :laugh: )

FlyYourKite said:
Well girls I'm off to bed early tonight. Work at 8:30 comes too friggin early :madspit:

Nighty night! Sweet dreams of Bono smuttiness :drool:

You have to work on Victoria Day? You poor thing... (well, except you're probably getting paid time and a half *g*)

Drea said:

And Bri, I wouldn't let you get mugged in TO (mind you, if I'm stuck in Chatham the day you're here all bets are off :laugh: )

Thanks..........I think :wink:

I wish my cousin had a car....then I'd force him through blackmail..bribes..whatever... to get me to TO, and give me a place to stay.....:laugh:

Night Fly :hug:
Sweet (or naughty) dreams.

~BrightestStar~ said:

Crazy party time...:D

Canadian Holiday, in relation to Queen Victoria.

I know little......I just like the pretty fireworks :happy:

You can't be bothered with the details when there's pretty colors in the sky! :laugh:

daygloeyes2 said:
What's Victoria Day?

A holiday related to Queen Victoria in its original form... Now known in Canada (or at least in Ontario) as "May 2-4 weekend" more for the fact that it's the first party weekend of the summer (during which many 24s of beer are consumed :lol: ) than for the date it happens ;)

Little bit of trivia - Victoria Day used to be May 25th (*grumbles about them switching it away from my b-day*) until sometime in the 60s or early 70s, at which point it became the Monday that falls between May 18th and May 24th... No clue why they switched it though.

:D here goes....

I'm muzzy because my faces feels achey/tight. I think from having to look SO far down, and occasionally straining my eyes. Then this morning when I went to blast COBL first thing after I got up really late -my ears started to ache some. In my running around on Sat I forgot the earplugs! :uhoh: SO down went the volume.

At least I didn't have ringing in my ears , I already have THAT in one ear because i didn't wear earplugs for a 70's Who concert. (it's not really funny,of course)

OK NospokenWord and I arranged that I would call him in the mid-late afternoon to make our final meet up.

In the meantime, I'd gotten there to MSG around 2:20PM or so. I went over to where I though everyone would be & every one was-who were waiting for the band toarrive, After standing there for a bit,someone gently told me that over to my right was where the last people to arrival for the autographline were {arrived atNoon. I ignored her "point/prompt' for a bit.Then I decided it would only be fair for me to go to the backof the line.

I got almost to the back and stopped. Stood there, looking and listening to folks, so I could catch upon what was happpening etc.I finally decided a woman a few people away DID look familiar. I went over and asked her if she was...Miroslava. :D SHe was. I introduced myself and we wowed it up a bit. SHe told me Ally & AliDreamsOutLoud were over on the tix "drop' line hoping......

con't dont want to be bounced out
I WAS bounced out-but i'vefigured out how to repost so Idon't lose I alread typed.

....SO was talking with her and others. Finally Bono's van showed up. Several young women rushed it, and Mr Sampson decided to just have Bono wave from the car.We were way back, I caught a quick glimpse. The rest of the gang was also then just motored in, no stopping, the next half hour or so. Needless to saY M & I were rather grumpy 'bout that.

Miroslava kindly lets me call NSW from her cellphone, and we arrange things. Soon I say bye to M, and go to meet NSW. I made sure it wasn't actually on the MSG block [many of you know MSG sits near the "heart"of NYC in Midtown]. Then agout 10 mins later :ohmy: I realize I should have at least told him what colors I was wearing ...duh. Luckily I had the case from HTDAAB with me. I faced it so it could be seen and spent time tapping out rythyms for various U2 songs as I waited.

I mentioned the clothes desrciption when he arrived..." Your CD cover gave you away".

He left tor try & catch SW,while I went home to have dinner,dropoff/gather up stuff.. Arrived back in midtown. Idropped a quick notice to the GT/SLP section sayong i was {tobe} IN then took off again.

I was heading up to my seat,when I saw the "Rent binoculars" sign.SO Igot almost to my section,when I stopped to ask a staff person to inquire how do I get there? WhenI did,I found out I had to give them my Credit card,so they couldrun it through to hold a replacement fee. No credit card with me...no Binocs :grumpy: :shrug:. I WAS THERE ,and it was the Essential Thing, after all! :wink:

brb....

I get back tofinally sit down & reintroduce myself & thank NSWagain. Unfortunatley he wasn't feeling wel- ,something he ate at the ballgame. He was going to try and stick it out. I
mentioned something about the Setlist Parties, and he said that
he was supposed to phone out [be the Source], but that QueenBee had forgotten she had to go out, . {you can read the list..."who's/where's our source?}

Even though we WERE in the very last row :lol:, the over-hang above us I think was the floor of the Luxury boxes- we were actually just about in line with the side of the main stage{Adam's side}!. Obviously we couldn't see expressions and the finest of gestures, but we could see the general & grandest gestures. We were close enough to be able to distinguish hair/faces, hands, etc from clothing.

After all, at some concerts, and maybe if we'd been in the same top seats but nearly /or opposite the stage,we might have just have been seeing a dark sort of outline of a figure.

ANd I had the whole of th elipse in front of me. To keepthis aspect short...I LOVED what (?) WW did for the lighting work!!! My dad was in lighting {some big stores ,museums, outdoor lighting at times} If anyone wants to discuss more of those particulars....let me know.

NSW alerted me to it just being ready to start. I hadn't paid such detail to the SL. That was a great opening song...i forgot to ask him who does it!

SOng....they arrtive on stage, start, and the lights from the stage leapon.OH,oh....I was just astounded. It took me a bit ofo figure out how to use the disposible with zoom camera...with the 800 speed film, I think i have a good chance of getting small but colorfulpicsofthestage and the guys in spot light. Plove GOBLand dothinkit was an excellent opner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom