Pleba Girls Party - The Aunties of Mercy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww, great thread! :love: Welcome Mercy :heart:

I was going to vaccuum or something today, never quite got there. Did do a bit in the bathroom though... *gakbleachfumes*

Seeya Wild, and g'night gluey!! :hug:

300 on TV here... :shifty:

Still not sleeping :grumpy: but I just had the weirdest, most random and sorta surprising flashback. About 10 or 12 years ago, I kept meeting this musician, in Toronto a few times, but once when he played here, too. It was always months apart, but he always remembered me, remembered my name, and was very flirty, bordering on outright hitting on me (but not in a rude, obnoxious way). Through a weird series of very random clicks just now, I unintentionally found him online, and it turns out that he's fairly famous in the Canadian music industry. I had no idea. :ohmy: And if the pictures are recent, he's aged very well. :drool:

Just had to tell you girls about my former (unbeknowst to me) brush with fame. Heh.

Thanks :hug: Considering I didn't get up till 3, I guess I shouldn't have expected to get to sleep that early. I think my body runs on a 26 hr clock. :crack:

It says that he has a new solo album coming out. :hmm: But then again, he's probably now hitting on girls that are the same age that I was 12 yrs ago, so... :lol: I'm sure I'm probably past his "sell by" date, now.

Pfft, I bet you're not :tongue: And it can't hurt to say hi to him, can it? :hmm:

I read somewhere that if you leave humans in the dark, or somewhere with constant lighting all the time, they revert to a 25-hour day, cos apparently the earth's rotation is speeding up, and the day was 25 hours long when our sleep patterns evolved, or something.
Then again, if the day really is a whole hour shorter than it was even a few million years ago, days must have lasted FOREVER back when dinosaurs were wandering around.
(assuming that you believe in evolution :reject: )

I've read something about that, too, that if people are left to their own devices with no awareness of time, that they begin to operate on a 25 hour (i think that was it) cycle. I know I'm hardly ever tired after being awake for 16 or 17 hours.

It blows my mind that there are people who *don't* believe in evolution. :lol: From reading posts by Australians in FYM, I've gathered that you're as secular as we are in Canada.

All I know is that I think I'd be at least semi-nocturnal if left to my own devices. Mornings suck :giggle:

Go Science! :hi5: Yeah, I think we are similar like that. There are obviously exceptions, but that too-serious religion is the exception here, rather than the rule.

Do you know dazzlingamy? She used to get into all sorts of verbal fisticuffs with religious FYMers over atheism vs. religion. She used to get very heated. I remember one thread she started, we were about the only two arguing for atheism/agnosticism. She was like the bad cop to my good cop. :lol: Good times...

Awanderer has taken over that role now, but he uses cold, hard logic. :)

I do know her, yeah... I see her on MSN occasionally. I never go to FYM... I'm too scared :lol: :reject:
Good cop/bad cop... :giggle:

Logic FTW. I took a "Which Star Trek character are you?" quiz today, thinking I'd maybe come out as Spock... but no. I'm a redshirt. :lol:
I took it again, same result! :reject: My 2nd and 3rd options were Spock and Picard though. :up:

You should check it out sometime! It's not nearly as scary in there as some say it is. I know I lurked for a long time because I was too intimidated to post, but once you jump in, it's not so bad. I sort of post in there in spurts...nothing for a month or two, then I'll post fairly frequently. The main problem I find, and probably the reason I take frequent breaks from there is, it's so repetitive. The same subjects come up over and over again, and after a while, you can predict how people will react to posts. It's been very slow in there lately, as it has been all over the forum, but when it's busier, there are usually a decent variety of topics going. Even some sciencey things, occasionally.

ST:TNG was the only one of the franchise I ever got into. Picard :drool: Riker :drool: Worf :uhoh: :drool: If only there could be a man that had the qualities of all three of them.

Okay, gonna give that sleep thing another try. Night! :hug:

:cute: nice thread title! I'm so happy for SG! Speaking of babies, B got a son :cute: I heard it from a girl at work who still goes to my old highschool.. I'm happy for him cause he's definately the guy that goes play football with his little kid and such :yes:

:D anyone here?

Pfft, I bet you're not :tongue: And it can't hurt to say hi to him, can it? :hmm:

I read somewhere that if you leave humans in the dark, or somewhere with constant lighting all the time, they revert to a 25-hour day, cos apparently the earth's rotation is speeding up, and the day was 25 hours long when our sleep patterns evolved, or something.
Then again, if the day really is a whole hour shorter than it was even a few million years ago, days must have lasted FOREVER back when dinosaurs were wandering around.
(assuming that you believe in evolution :reject: )

:love: science!

Back. Don't make me go out again today. :sad: Although it was kind of worth it. My sister was there and had it right, but my mom kept insisting it was wrong and called me. I got there, looked it over and said it was right, and my mom was all "oh, okay then." My sister looked like this ---> :|

:lol:

How hot is hot there, GG? It's 40C here, with the humidity factored in. :scream:

I had to eat a steak :tongue: so I'm back now!

:hmm: it should be a little over 30C here, including humidity... :crack: but yea, walking around in jeans is fun... :wink: good thing I work at the frozen food section :drool: the freezer is -20c!

:lol: your poor sister! I know the feeling of that, someone just always asking someone else about it cause they just don't believe you.. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom