Plea for Band member folders?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bono's Tart

Refugee
This has been brought up in the suggestions area so I thought that I would throw it out to see what the general opinion was. As the moderators of this forum havent totally thrown the idea out I was wondering just how many of you would like a Band Members Folder? Something like the old Zootopia one and before some of you start sighing, this worked really well. All the discussions were kept together and it was an easy reference point as well as being able to keep in touch with old friends. I am not knocking PLEBA as I like this site and folder but it does get a bit messy when you want to keep all the Bono info together.

I'm sure that all the Adam, Edge and Larry fans would also like the same I always checked in them for info!!

Maybe if enough fans want the folders maybe the mods will consider it?

I think it's easier this way because many of the threads overlap band members and then there would be even more repeat threads and the mods would have to do more work.

Maybe we could try a trial run and see how it does (assuming it's not a huge job to set it up)? Just sort out the new threads though that come up (instead of going back and moving old ones).
Guess I don't really have a preference either way - but it might be something nice to do for all the new Zootopians who are wishing for a little piece of their old home....

I agree with Livluvandbootlegmusic- PLEBA is fine as it is. The three subforums it DOES have divide everything appropriately, and there's really no reason around here to split into MORE subforums. I'm sure it worked on Zootopia, but PLEBA works very well this way.

Threads about individual bandmembers usually include said band member's name, and if they don't, after a few short weeks you'll learn by acronyms (L.E.A.T.H.E.R., for one), or by who's posting (you won't expect to see much about Larry in a thread by arw9797, for instance).

bonosloveslave said:
Maybe we could try a trial run and see how it does (assuming it's not a huge job to set it up)? Just sort out the new threads though that come up (instead of going back and moving old ones).
Guess I don't really have a preference either way - but it might be something nice to do for all the new Zootopians who are wishing for a little piece of their old home....

Thanks, but its not just for the Zootopians I think it would be much easier these "days" are ok but a folder works a lot better and I'm sure if some of you would give it a go you would see that. :up:

Schmeg said:
(you won't expect to see much about Larry in a thread by arw9797, for instance).

hey now! what does that mean? :wink:

:D you a correct!

I think it works fine as is here. I've noticed though that there's a lot of thread's started that could have just been posted in a similiar thread. I've also noticed a lot of "news" type threads in pleba lately when the info is already in the news forum. Don't forget there's a scroll bar at the top of your screen that says the latest news stories. Granted someone might find something that's not already posted but there is a lot of repeat info. I think that could be why it seems like there's chaos sometimes and one big thread, or folder, would sound like a better solution.

If you follow the general rules of pleba in terms of each band member then it's pretty straight forward. Monday-Friday each band member has a specific day and Thursday is for the whole band. I don't check out the other 3 guys' threads too often...unless it's Pop Bono :sexywink: but the Edge girls seem to keep each other pretty well informed. I would image the same goes in the Bono, Larry, or Adam threads. Not to mention that anything really newsworthy about U2 will be in the news forum or in Everything You Know Is Wrong.

I just think there's a lot of new people here and it will take sometime getting used to how things run around here. If you want to find old info you just have to search through the old threads. I don't think I would want a massive thread to search through. There's tons of stuff in the Randoooomddumdoom thread in the Lemonade Stand from months ago that I would like to reread to see what the hell I said and why I have 2000+ posts in that thread. It's a real pain in the ass trying to find stuff sometimes.

I would be for a trial of individual band folders but I also understand if it is more work for the mods. Aren;t some changes supposed to take place soon like certain parts only for premium members. I miss the Larry folder but its probably best for me personally to not have the option of blabbling all day long about my favorite drummer because I tend to get a little :coocoo:

I think pleba's good the way it is. I think having stuff from all band members on the same page encourages interaction between fans of different band members. I could see cliquiness happening if it got divided up.

plus i don't like change :wink:

ILuvLarryMullen said:
I think pleba's good the way it is. I think having stuff from all band members on the same page encourages interaction between fans of different band members. I could see cliquiness happening if it got divided up.

I agree. :up:

When I had visited the Zoo, I hibernated in the Larry folder all the time. However, when I came here, one of the things I really liked about this forum was that there was more interaction among fans than just all the Larry girls sticking together or whatever. Some of the Edge girls might have noticed... but in the Zoo, I rarely went in the Edge folder, yet here, I've found myself participating in the Edge threads quite often. :shifty:

I like PLEBA the way it is. :yes:

I really don't think that that would work out too well here, as many threads involve more than one member. I won't repeat what has already been said, but some good points have been made by other members.

Also...just for future reference...threads like this should be in the Suggestion Box because that ensures that all of the mods and admins will see it. Not everybody ventures into PLEBA. Since there already is a thread on the topic, I'll leave this here. If anybody has any input they want to make sure is heard, it would be best to do so in the Suggestion Box thread, though I really doubt any changes will be made to the layout of PLEBA at this time.

I'm not all conservative ;) but I think that if we divded PLEBA into even smaller subfolders, there'd be the ranging of which member has the biggest number of posts in his folder....I just remember when I went to Zootopia, I was always wondering why they wanted it so obviously seperated...

oh and, I even liked it when it was this HUGE ono.folder last December(?) when ALL the Interferencers were just posting in one folder, because the site was changed..it was much more conversations going on then; and then when it was all back to normal it was a little boring, but we got used to it again...I think dividing PLEBA into smaller, and smaller folders would take away from the little atmosphere we got now. :yes:

i think PLEBA is great like this...:wink: your idea is great also but i think we don't neet this here, as all the others said it before me... so i am not gonna repeat!!!

but i think we need a "Mrs U2 day"!!!

I am no PLEBAn, so maybe this isn't valid but the seperation of some areas I think is not too bad an idea. Rather than seperating the whole forum and all the subs, perhaps setting up a gallery type system would be good. Some of your subforums aren't really necessary as they are repeats of others in general. So perhaps condensing them and having a gallery for each member could work. Ie, main PLEBA which is a combination of PLEBAns, fan fic and whatever plus a Larry Gallery, Adam Gallery etc...

Gallerys are great. Allow comments and you're set.

ILuvLarryMullen said:

I like PLEBA the way it is. I love all four guys almost equally, and it's convenient to have articles about all of them in one place.

Angela's idea of a Gallery is a good idea. There were galleries for each band member on the Zooropa pages, and you could see older pics and post new ones, without duplicating. Maybe five galleries -- one for each band member, one for pics of the whole band or more than one member.

I like it the way it is

Btw, I don't see why it's a "problem" to talk about news in here-I read the news forum as well, but I think it would get a bit boring and stale if we weren't allowed to discuss and/or post pics of what Bono and the other band members are doing. :)

ILuvLarryMullen said:

There was no cliqiness in the band members folders that I saw and I used that site practically from the beginning. Nearly everyone posted in all the folders.

Sometimes changes are necessary in order for a site to continue to expand , everyone should be open to suggestion just because things are run one way doesnt make it the best way!

The only reason I posted this in here was I thought more people would see it than the suggestions area that it is already in.

Last edited:
Yeah, I preferred having a Bono folder as per the old zoo, but I have to admit, I didn't really venture into any of the others, whereas here, I am still trying to find my way around pretty much as everything is more 'spread out' I suppose.

The reason I never hung out at the Zoo was it was harder to navigate the folders for me. With PLEBA I never have to keep up with folders. I like it like this.

Bono's Tart said:

Sometimes changes are necessary in order for a site to continue to expand , everyone should be open to suggestion just because things are run one way doesnt make it the best way!

I don't see that there's a real issue in pleba that warrants any changes to be made. Things were run different at your old site then here and it will just take some time getting used to how things run here.

souLnation2002 said:
I like PLEBA the way it is :)

I think it's easier to use and navigate. :up:
:up:

I agree. When I went to the Zoo I went to the B folder and very seldom to the other members folders. Here I pop in and out of all threads, even if only lurking.

I like the sense of community we have here between all admirers of the band. :hug:

edited to add:

When the galleries were created the posting of new pics sort of died. Unless you took the time to visit more forums. We could lose our leather day ect. No offense just my thoughts.

Last edited:
PLEBA IS the band members folder of Interference! I like having us all together. If the Edge, Larry and Adam girls were segregated from us, I'd miss them :sad:

Julie, if you want Bono, please join us for our LEATHER DAY threads every Wednesday. It's kind of like a Bono club meeting, posting and drooling over the hottest pics. Look through some of our past threads. If you liked the Bono folder gallery, I know you'll love it!!

I think there are enough good websites out there dedicated to single members of the band, many with extensive picture galleries or forums of their own, so splitting up Interference even further seems unnecessary.

Also, along with their being many cross-over type threads, a lot of times a thread starts about a single member and kind of morphs into two or more (like someone posts new Bono pics, but Edge was at the same gig so his PLEBAns get in on it) so it would be too much for mods to have to constantly monitor all the threads and keep moving them around. And then, if there were such a thing as a Bono "folder", the mods would have to pressure keeping posts relavent, and people wouldn't be able to add in pics or posts referring to other members.

And that's my two cents. I thought Interference was fine before PLEBA split into what it is now, but hey, Elvis owns it so it's not our decision.

While I appreciate the suggestion for band member sub-forums, this issue has already been debated in the past - at one time I was for them, and others were not.... Now I feel that there is no need to divide up PLEBA anymore than it already is.

I'd also like all Zootopian refugees to know that you're very welcome here, but at the same time you need to remember that this is Interference, not Zootopia, and we do have a pretty good system thats been working very well for us.

MrsSpringsteen said:
Btw, I don't see why it's a "problem" to talk about news in here-I read the news forum as well, but I think it would get a bit boring and stale if we weren't allowed to discuss and/or post pics of what Bono and the other band members are doing. :)

I don't think it's a problem to discuss news in PLEBA (or any of the other forums where applicable) but remember that not everyone from Interference visits PLEBA so if anyone comes across any U2 news that you think the whole community should see, please let me know so I can post it in the news forum.

Thanks!!

Scarletwine said:

Kitty,
I check it out every Wed. and sometimes post :wink:

Oh I know, and I have enjoyed your posts! :drool: I was talking about Bono's Tart, whose name is also Julie. Sorry I didn't make that clear :reject: I should have thought, most people here don't know her by name.

MrsSpringsteen said:
I like it the way it is

:yes:.

Besides, that way we can also drool over the guys and not scare the guys who read the news in the "U2 News" area. ;).

Anywho...I'm for keeping this place as is, too, basically because of navigational purposes.

Angela

Yeah keep PLEBA how it is now. PLEBA is a big family and it would be sad if we wouldn't talk to eachother as much because we are separated by different band sections.

It's really fun when we all interact with eachother :D :hug: to my PLEBA girls (and boys)

Back
Top Bottom